ADVERTISEMENT

More Passionate: UK Fans or the Folks That Dislike UK Fans?

No. Right over state line. Are you implying that only people on the Missouri side of state line should be Chiefs/Royals fans?

No I’m implying that you being a fan of pro teams in another state is no different than people in Kentucky being fans of pro teams in another state. I live in wky, the Cardinals are the closest mlb team. Plus they share mascots with Louisville. Titans are the closest nfl franchise, but I’ve been a Packers fan from the time I could walk bc my dad is a packers fan, and I’ve never even been to the state of Wisconsin. By the time the oilers moved to Nashville I already had my team. But that doesn’t make me less of a fan than you bc I don’t live near my favorite NFL team.

The fact that you think ones fandom is somehow correlated to how close you live to your favorite team is ridiculous. If your team isn’t in your hometown, or even home state, I don’t see the difference between them being 100 miles away or 1000.

Last edited:
Reactions: kyjeff1
I guess you don't like black chicks...?

giphy.gif

I don't have anything against black women, they just aren't who I'm naturally-attracted to. I'm not big on Asian women either. I like blondes and redheads best so that's going to naturally exclude a lot of people.

Brunettes appeal most to me when they have some exoticness to them; Brazillian, Armenian, Greek. But, yeah . . . . mostly blondes and redheads.

Reactions: kyjeff1
I didn’t realize the Reds had that many, but the last was in the mid-70s. Doesn’t change my point.

Most Kentuckians haven’t seen the top of the mountain in any sports outside of the ‘12 title in 20+ years.

Which, as I’ve said, explains why you still talk about that game like it happened yesterday.
It was 2013 for some of the more intelligent kentuckians (trolling)

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I don't have anything against black women, they just aren't who I'm naturally-attracted to. I'm not big on Asian women either. I like blondes and redheads best so that's going to naturally exclude a lot of people. Brunettes are prettiest when they have some exoticness to them; Brazillian, Armenian, Greek.
Latinas are my favorite. But there’s plenty of flavs to raise the bone.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Don’t forget Devante, don’t write him off yet, hopefully now that Miami has a franchise qb (maybe) he will continue to improve on what he showed he could do last season, where he quietly had a pretty nice season.

I know it sounds crazy but I don’t have a type. I am attracted to women, regardless of race, hair color, eye color, etc. I’ve seen beautiful black women, latinas, Asians, Africans, Norwegians. I like all the flavors lol

I know it sounds crazy but I don’t have a type. I am attracted to women, regardless of race, hair color, eye color, etc. I’ve seen beautiful black women, latinas, Asians, Africans, Norwegians. I like all the flavors lol

That's not crazy at all. If I see a purple woman and if she's attractive to me I'm going to say hi. :)

Reactions: Villian07
My first serious girlfriend was Asian. Vietnamese. I swear for about a year after we broke up I was into nothing but Asian girls. Hooked up with a few of them. But my next two girlfriends were both blonde, so now I definitely chase after more blondes than anything.

No, that post does not say that. It says "college b-ball is all they have." You're adding your own assumption. What I meant was "all they have to brag about."
Hahaha, stop backpeddling man, you're going to trip and fall.

I see a couple of posts where you TRY to switch your angle to "UK fans only have the 2012 title to cheer about" (posts 152 & 167), but each time, you revert back to your true attempt at a point and that us people that live in Kansas have more going for them in the world of sports than UK fans do. I don’t even understand why you're trying to change your point. The only thing I can think of is, you feel you always have to be right and everyone else is wrong.

@Kevin Bryan called you out in post 153 right after you tried to switch (152).

Posts 163 & 164 are you replying to me and talking about all the successful pro organizations in and around KC that KU fans have. Nowhere is there any comments about UK fans bragging about 2012.

In fact, like I said earlier, UK fans on here rarely talk about the 2012 title, so I don't get why you keep bringing that up.

Just admit you were wrong and we'll move on.

Last edited:

I definitely have a type, although I can find women that don't fit into my type as being attractive and ****able.

Give me a dark haired girl with a nice tanned complexion and blue/green eyes and I'm a SIMP

Hahaha, stop backpeddling man, you're going to trip nd fall.

I see a couple of posts where you TRY to switch your angle to "UK fans only have the 2012 title to cheer about" (posts 152 & 167), but each time, you revert back to your true attempt at a point and that us people that live in Kansas have more going for tgem.in the world of sports than UK fans do. I don’t even understand why you are trying to change your point. The only thing I can think of is, you feel you always gave to be right and everyone else is wrong.

@Kevin Bryan called you out in post 153 right after you tried to switch (152).

Posts 163 & 164 are you replying to me and talking about all the successful pro organizations in and around KC that KU fans have. Nowhere is there any comments about UK fans bragging about 2012.

In fact, like I said earlier, UK fans on here rarely talk about the 2012 title, so I don't get why you keep bringing that up.

Just admit you were wrong and we'll move on.

Are you ****ing kidding me here? And you guys wonder why you catch shit?

I’m not admitting anything, because I know exactly what point I was trying to make, and nothing you boneheads say will change this point.

In my original post, I said that Kentuckians have nothing else to be proud of in the world of sports in recent decades. And I’ve defined that as being at the top of a given sport. Nothing I’ve said strayed from that idea.

Then you tried to change my point and cited a post in which I said nothing close to what you claimed I had said.

This is just pathetic.

The fact that you think I made this argument is ridiculous.

well saying kentuckians have nothing to be proud of except cbb bc we don’t have a pro team is a pretty strong implication (and your main point in this entire argument) that you think that if your favorite team isn’t in your state it somehow doesn’t apply or mean as much when “your team” reaches the pinnacle of their particular league.

I’ve watched the St. Louis Cardinals win more World Series this century than damn near anyone, and I’ve seen the Packers win 2 Super Bowls as well. And to think I should be less proud of my teams, bc I live in western Ky, not Missouri or Wisconsin is ridiculous. Especially when you live in Kansas and are claiming the royals and chiefs who don’t even play in Kansas just like St. Louis and Green Bay aren’t in KY.

Im not a UK fan so obv I like you bud, this just isn’t ur best take.

well saying kentuckians have nothing to be proud of except cbb bc we don’t have a pro team is a pretty strong implication (and your main point in this entire argument) that you think that if your favorite team isn’t in your state it somehow doesn’t apply or mean as much when “your team” reaches the pinnacle of their particular league.

I’ve watched the St. Louis Cardinals win more World Series this century than damn near anyone, and I’ve seen the Packers win 2 Super Bowls as well. And to think I should be less proud of my teams, bc I live in western Ky, not Missouri or Wisconsin is ridiculous. Especially when you live in Kansas and are claiming the royals and chiefs who don’t even play in Kansas just like St. Louis and Green Bay aren’t in KY.

Im not a UK fan so obv I like you bud, this just isn’t ur best take.

I’m not sure how you’ve gotten the idea that I was arguing this. I never said that proximity makes one a bigger or prouder fan.

Not too many Kentuckians are Green Bay or Cardinals fans. However, plenty are Bengals and Reds fans. Again, I’m talking about pro sports bragging rights for the average Kentuckian. I’m sure there are tons of diehard Bengals fans in Kentucky, but they haven’t given them anything to brag about.

However, back to your point, if you think it makes zero difference how close you are to a stadium, that’s kinda ridiculous. Being surrounded by diehard fans your whole life, seeing gear everywhere, hearing constant radio coverage, seeing every game on TV, and going to games on the regular probably has a bit of an impact on people. Again, I’m not saying it guarantees that one will be a “bigger” fan.

Are you ****ing kidding me here? And you guys wonder why you catch shit?

I’m not admitting anything, because I know exactly what point I was trying to make, and nothing you boneheads say will change this point.

In my original post, I said that Kentuckians have nothing else to be proud of in the world of sports in recent decades. And I’ve defined that as being at the top of a given sport. Nothing I’ve said strayed from that idea.

Then you tried to change my point and cited a post in which I said nothing close to what you claimed I had said.

This is just pathetic.
You’re on your own island here man. Nobody is agreeing with you perhaps you can bring uncfan in here to assist, because, at best, you did a ridiculously shitty job explaining your point. You have been arguing something completely different than what you're claiming.

But, even if you're arguing that UK fans brag about 2012 too often, you are obviously reading a different board than the rest of us. I rarely see anything about 2012 posted on this board. Heck, I don't even see much talk about it on the homer-est board ever, Rupps Rafters. This whole thing is bizarre.

if you think it makes zero difference how close you are to a stadium, that’s kinda ridiculous. Being surrounded by diehard fans your whole life, seeing gear everywhere, hearing constant radio coverage, seeing every game on TV, and going to games on the regular probably has a bit of an impact on people.

A lot of Duke "fans" sure haven't let proximity stand in their way, that's for sure.

You’re on your own island here man. Nobody is agreeing with you perhaps you can bring uncfan in here to assist, because, at best, you did a ridiculously shitty job explaining your point. You have been arguing something completely different than what you're claiming.

But, even if you're arguing that UK fans brag about 2012 too often, you are obviously reading a different board than the rest of us. I rarely see anything about 2012 posted on this board. Heck, I don't even see much talk about it on the homer-est board ever, Rupps Rafters. This whole thing is bizarre.

Haha...

Gotta love the put-words-in-someone’s-mouth and claim you won approach.

You have an uncanny ability to create a multi-page bore out of something that should have been contained in a few posts at most.

Again...the point stands. But thanks for taking the time to make several posts to inform me of what I actually meant all along.

Haha...

Gotta love the put-words-in-someone’s-mouth and claim you won approach.

You have an uncanny ability to create a multi-page bore out of something that should have been contained in a few posts at most.

Again...the point stands. But thanks for taking the time to make several posts to inform me of what I actually meant all along.
It's not like I'm the only one that is calling you out for this. You're the common denominator.

The last was 1990. I see you keep changing your point, how convenient.
Yeah, I was gonna point that out....I remember that series vividly...ED's grand slam....Rocked Stewart, and that set the tone.

Always loved the Reds. My grandpa took me to my first game at 7. Riverfront to me then, was a palace. Always went to the Redbird games. But still couldn;t make myself like the Csrdinals.

Bengals/Colt fan for life. My MeMaw was a HUGE Bengal fan. As was my Pepaw.

Yeah, I was gonna point that out....I remember that series vividly...ED's grand slam....Rocked Stewart, and that set the tone.

Always loved the Reds. My grandpa took me to my first game at 7. Riverfront to me then, was a palace. Always went to the Redbird games. But still couldn;t make myself like the Csrdinals.

The wire-to-wire season. The Reds were heavy underdogs, of course nobody gave them a chance against the A's. Four games later....SWEEP! Laughing My buddy was Todd Benzinger's brother-in-law. Todd caught the last out on a pop out to first. He has shown me a lot of cool memorabilia from that season and his career. I think the Reds have a good shot to make the playoffs this year with the acquisitions they made this off-season if they agree on the 82 game season with 14 playoff teams. Bengals are a couple years away from being good again, but they had a stellar draft and for once made some noise in free agency.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
No I’m implying that you being a fan of pro teams in another state is no different than people in Kentucky being fans of pro teams in another state. I live in wky, the Cardinals are the closest mlb team. Plus they share mascots with Louisville. Titans are the closest nfl franchise, but I’ve been a Packers fan from the time I could walk bc my dad is a packers fan, and I’ve never even been to the state of Wisconsin. By the time the oilers moved to Nashville I already had my team. But that doesn’t make me less of a fan than you bc I don’t live near my favorite NFL team.

The fact that you think ones fandom is somehow correlated to how close you live to your favorite team is ridiculous. If your team isn’t in your hometown, or even home state, I don’t see the difference between them being 100 miles away or 1000.

I’ve never understood people who say stupid shit like “you can’t be a fan if you didn’t go to that school” or “You can’t like an NBA team if they ain’t in your state”. Those are the dumbest f**king people ever! I’m like really! Then tell me, Russell, why do I live and die with each win and loss if I’m not a fan? Why do I still get sick and cry thinking about Laettner hitting that shot in 92? Why do I spend hundreds of dollars a year to travel and go watch said team play?? Tell me Russell, what exactly qualifies me to be a fan of the team I grew up rooting for with my grandpa!!! Dumbest people ever!!!

I grew up half way between Louisville, KY and Nashville, TN. We were fed Cleveland Browns in football, New York Yankees and Cincinnati Reds in baseball. Because of that most of the kids from my area and my era ended up liking those professional teams if they followed professional sports at all.

When I was a kid there were few professional teams in the South. The Civil war was still going on.

I grew up half way between Louisville, KY and Nashville, TN. We were fed Cleveland Browns in football, New York Yankees and Cincinnati Reds in baseball. Because of that most of the kids from my area and my era ended up liking those professional teams if they followed professional sports at all.

When I was a kid there were few professional teams in the South. The Civil war was still going on.
giphy-downsized-medium.gif

However, back to your point, if you think it makes zero difference how close you are to a stadium, that’s kinda ridiculous. Being surrounded by diehard fans your whole life, seeing gear everywhere, hearing constant radio coverage, seeing every game on TV, and going to games on the regular probably has a bit of an impact on people. Again, I’m not saying it guarantees that one will be a “bigger” fan.

That works both ways though, being surrounded by UK fans is a big reason I chose to be a Louisville fan growing up. Same with the Titans, I live on the TN line so they force feed you titans games every week and block out the other games if the titans are playing, even if they are playing Jax or some other scrubb, or back a few years when the titans weren’t that good, they’d still black out the game on fox and force you to watch the titans if u wanted to watch the NFL, bc it was the only game on. But had I grown up in Lexington I might be a UK fan or Nashville a titans fan, who knows, so I see your point. But I’m pretty sure there are plenty of people that live in and around kc who aren’t chiefs/royals fans for various reasons.

I also don’t think you can lump all kentuckians into reds/bengals fans though. I live much much closer to stl than cincy as does everyone in basically the Southwest part of the state, so there are PLENTY of kentuckians who are stl cardinal fans, probly just as many as are reds fans but I don’t have the stats to back it up and where I live the majority of MLB fans are cardinal fans. But I do have friends from northern KY who are reds and bengals as well.

I think your stadium argument has some merit if ur within a close proximity. But Like I said, home city or even home state I’ll give you but if it’s over 100 miles away in another state it might as well be 1000 miles away, imo.

I just found it rich that you kept doubling down on Kentucky not having a pro team thus nothing to be proud of except cbb when Kansas doesn’t have a pro team either. And then when u realized Cincy is just as close to KY as Kansas City is to Kansas you moved the goalposts to well they haven’t won anything LATELY, so kentuckians still have nothing to be proud about. U can still be proud of your team even if they don’t win the World Series or Super Bowl.

I was proud of GB for making the conf championship game bc I thought we were at best the 3-4th best team in the conference, but the saints got upset and we went further than expected. Just like I was proud of the season lamar had, being the MVP and youngest to win it since Jim Brown, even though Baltimore got bounced out of the playoffs their first game handily. I know Super Bowls are the ultimate prize, but it doesn’t mean ur team can’t have a respectable season, one to be proud of, without winning the super bowl.

If anything fans of Kansas and Kentucky have more in common imo than any other programs. Both states with no pro teams, and both programs whose basketball programs are on a completely different tier than their football programs. And honestly since petrino shit on our football program, for the time being you could probly lump Louisville fans in there as well, although our basketball team isn’t on the same tier historically as Kansas and UK. honestly I think all 3 football programs are on the rise, but we will most likely never be Clemson just like you will most likely never be Oklahoma/Texas just like UK will most likely never be bama/Florida/Georgia/auburn.

Last edited:
I just found it rich that you kept doubling down on Kentucky not having a pro team thus nothing to be proud of except cbb when Kansas doesn’t have a pro team either. And then when u realized Cincy is just as close to KY as Kansas City is to Kansas you moved the goalposts to well they haven’t won anything LATELY, so kentuckians still have nothing to be proud about. U can still be proud of your team even if they don’t win the World Series or Super Bowl.

I never mentioned anything about state lines. That was thrown at me by others. It’s always a big “gotcha” to point out that the Truman Sports Complex is just over state line. But it makes no difference to my point. I was fully acknowledging the Cincy teams as “Kentucky” pro teams. I don’t really acknowledge teams like the Titans or Cardinals, because they’re not even close to the border, much less to the average Kentuckian, and they don’t have a massive number of fans in the state. I think OKC Thunder is a good comparison to the Titans. Similar distance from the border. A good number of southern Kansans have an interest in the franchise, but the average Kansan doesn’t care or take pride in them.

I’m not sure how you’ve gotten the idea that I was arguing this. I never said that proximity makes one a bigger or prouder fan.

Not too many Kentuckians are Green Bay or Cardinals fans. However, plenty are Bengals and Reds fans. Again, I’m talking about pro sports bragging rights for the average Kentuckian. I’m sure there are tons of diehard Bengals fans in Kentucky, but they haven’t given them anything to brag about.

you really have no idea what you are talking about (per usual)

there are more Cardinal fans in KY then there are Reds fan (yes i am a Reds fan)
in FB it can be broken up in about 4 teams Cheifs, Bengals, Colts, Steelers
you could also add the Titans in the mix
at one time the Browns covered most of eastern KY

there are more Cardinal fans in KY then there are Reds fan (yes i am a Reds fan)
in FB it can be broken up in about 4 teams Cheifs, Bengals, Colts, Steelers
you could also add the Titans in the mix
at one time the Browns covered most of eastern KY

. . . and Western Kentucky.

Reactions: mebeblue2
I never mentioned anything about state lines. That was thrown at me by others. It’s always a big “gotcha” to point out that the Truman Sports Complex is just over state line. But it makes no difference to my point. I was fully acknowledging the Cincy teams as “Kentucky” pro teams. I don’t really acknowledge teams like the Titans or Cardinals, because they’re not even close to the border, much less to the average Kentuckian, and they don’t have a massive number of fans in the state. I think OKC Thunder is a good comparison to the Titans. Similar distance from the border. A good number of southern Kansans have an interest in the franchise, but the average Kansan doesn’t care or take pride in them.
First of all, you did a bad job of stating your point then you did a bad job of clarifying your point. Stop blaming everyone else because you weren’t clear. It reads like everyone interpreted it.

Secondly, you don’t have an understanding of geospatial analysis. Nashville is an hour away frm Kentucky. Distance-wise many Kentucky residents live closer to Nashville then they do other cities with professional sports. According to sports economists’ roughly 1/3 of Kentucky counties are majority Titans fans. Stop making bad points, please.

seatgeek_map_with_logo.png

Any sources to back this up? I came across a chart awhile ago which indicated closer to the opposite. But it wouldn’t be shocking that many jumped on that bandwagon.

When did the Chiefs gain popularity among Kentuckians btw? A year ago?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT