ADVERTISEMENT

More Passionate: UK Fans or the Folks That Dislike UK Fans?

I personally all the fans of blue blood teams on this board are very sensitive
I have made that point before. Of all the national boards the people on this one are the softest. Sometimes I’ll see posters joke with each other about how you need to have thick skin to handle it around here. Makes me chuckle.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
Wait.. so if you don't have a pro team in your state, you can't like a pro sports team? Considering the source, still a very odd take. Also kind of admitting your college team isn't as good as ours, which everyone already knew anyways.

Well, for starters, “isn’t” implies current inferiority, and that hasn’t been the case for 40 years. And certainly not the most recent season. But that’s beside the point.

Sure, anyone can bandwagon a sports team from another area. I could declare myself a Patriots fan today. But there’s not much pride in that is there? There are no consensus pro sports teams that Kentuckians root for. And the closest franchises are generally terrible too.

….thread titles no longer matter. Dolts like you and fake wife guy turn every thread into something UK related. Kevin is clearly seeing it, yet you act surprised and make lame attempts to blame me. You and fake wife guy probably talk about UK in the afterglow of playing pitcher/catcher with each other.

No one tried to bring Kentucky into that thread. You confused it for a Kentucky thread because you and the rest of your goons swarmed it like moths to flame.

I have made that point before. Of all the national boards the people on this one are the softest. Sometimes I’ll see posters joke with each other about how you need to have thick skin to handle it around here. Makes me chuckle.

Great post

Well, for starters, “isn’t” implies current inferiority, and that hasn’t been the case for 40 years. And certainly not the most recent season. But that’s beside the point.

Sure, anyone can bandwagon a sports team from another area. I could declare myself a Patriots fan today. But there’s not much pride in that is there? There are no consensus pro sports teams that Kentuckians root for. And the closest franchises are generally terrible too.
So you live in Kansas City, Missouri? Just to clarify.

This is fun for me, as I know I am a bigger NFL fan than you are, and probably support my team just as well if not better. I'm glad you are hanging on to this past year. Top 5 year for KU IMO. As with most good years for Kansas, nothing to show for it.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
No one tried to bring Kentucky into that thread. You confused it for a Kentucky thread because you and the rest of your goons swarmed it like moths to flame.

….here's where your butt buddy turned things in that thread toward UK:

hof_tubby_smith_mug.JPG

gillispie(2)
The only clean head coaches your team has ever had.

Maybe during your next spooning, try talking him out of turning every thread into something about UK.

Reactions: kyjeff1
There are no consensus pro sports teams that Kentuckians root for.
Of course there aren't, because there are so many teams in that region. Northern Kentuckians root for the Bengals, western Kentuckians root for the Titans, Steelers in eastern KY, etc. Typically you'll find that people will pull for the team that is most local to them. In regard to Kansas, the Chiefs are the only franchise within 500 miles in football and the only other team within that range in baseball is the Cardinals.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Of course there aren't, because there are so many teams in that region. Northern Kentuckians root for the Bengals, western Kentuckians root for the Titans, Steelers in eastern KY, etc. Typically you'll find that people will pull for the team that is most local to them. In regard to Kansas, the Chiefs are the only franchise within 500 miles in football and the only other team within that range in baseball is the Cardinals.
It's a very weird argument.. like you can't cheer for a team that isn't within a certain number of miles. Strange. But again, consider the source.

It's a very weird argument.. like you can't cheer for a team that isn't within a certain number of miles. Strange. But again, consider the source.
I am a Bengals/Reds fan (as unfortunate as that may be). I was born in Cincinnati and grew up in northern KY. Funny thing is, where I used to live in KY I was closer to the stadiums than the vast majority of Cincinnatians. But they can't be my teams because they're in another state? RollLaugh

I cheer for players more than teams. Huge Trezz fan and like Kawhi and PG13 so I’m a clippers fan. I also like the Jazz bc of Donovan, and the hornets( lol I know they suck) bc of TRO. Football, it’s all about Lamar and Teddy.

I am a Bengals/Reds fan (as unfortunate as that may be). I was born in Cincinnati and grew up in northern KY. Funny thing is, where I used to live in KY I was closer to the stadiums than the vast majority of Cincinnatians. But they can't be my teams because they're in another state? RollLaugh
Right, I love how he threw out the word bandwagon, too. My NFL team is the Panthers. I wish I was a fan of a better team, no doubt Laughing but my reasons for loving them are just as legit as someone who lives closer to a franchise. If he lives outside of Kansas, can we still make fun of the Jayhawks as his team?

I cheer for players more than teams. Huge Trezz fan and like Kawhi and PG13 so I’m a clippers fan. I also like the Jazz bc of Donovan, and the hornets( lol I know they suck) bc of TRO. Football, it’s all about Lamar and Teddy.
Being a Bungals fan, I hate Lamar. Now they have Dobbins to add to the mix... :mad:

Reactions: UL_1986
So you live in Kansas City, Missouri? Just to clarify.

This is fun for me, as I know I am a bigger NFL fan than you are, and probably support my team just as well if not better. I'm glad you are hanging on to this past year. Top 5 year for KU IMO. As with most good years for Kansas, nothing to show for it.

You obviously know nothing about this area.

Is the concept of regional pride escaping you? It’s not that complicated.

Yes, they can be your team.

I really hope you guys are missing the point intentionally or this is sad.

Yes, they can be your team.

I really hope you guys are missing the point intentionally or this is sad.
Not missing the point. I just explained the "regional pride" thing to you and you didn't respond. Like I said, there are no other teams around Kansas, therefore if you like football you like the Chiefs and if you like baseball you like the Royals.

Not missing the point. I just explained the "regional pride" thing to you and you didn't respond. Like I said, there are no other teams around Kansas, therefore if you like football you like the Chiefs and if you like baseball you like the Royals.

But the teams in close proximity don’t win anything, like the Bengals, Titans, Reds, etc. That was my point.

But the teams in close proximity don’t win anything, like the Bengals, Titans, Reds, etc. That was my point.
No, your point was, "there are no consensus pro sports teams that Kentuckians root for," and I explained why that is. What does it matter if the teams in close proximity win or not? I thought we were talking about "regional pride" as you said. Are you saying you were only a Royals fan when they were good for a few seasons 5 years ago and not the 30 years prior that they sucked ass (and didn't make a single playoff appearance)? Reds have won 5 World Series titles, btw, which is 1 more title than the Royals and Chiefs combined.

You just made a stupid argument and now you’re backtracking. Can’t say I’m shocked by the lack of logic.

So you still don’t get the point?

Everyone in this area is a Chiefs and Royals fan if they follow the sports. For obvious reasons. They’re in our backyard and are the sole focus of local media.

No one in Kentucky is that close to a pro team. Some are relatively close to the Bengals and Reds, but neither win. The fact that you’re a Carolina fan only adds to my point.

Last edited:

Everyone in this area is a Chiefs and Royals fan if they follow the sports. For obvious reasons. They’re in our backyard and are the sole focus of local media.

No one in Kentucky is thay close to a pro team. Some are relatively close to the Bengals and Reds, but neither win. The fact that you’re a Carolina fan only adds to my point.
Interesting. Garden City, Kansas is 375 miles from Kansas City, MO. Harlan, KY is 230 miles from Charlotte, NC. Cincinnati is just across the river from Kentucky (the river is the state border)... just like KC is just across the river from Kansas. The Cincinnati International airport is in Kentucky. Perhaps you should study a map.
The-Port-of-Cincinnati-Northern-Kentucky-Map2.20153.jpg

Last edited:

No one in Kentucky is thay close to a pro team. Some are relatively close to the Bengals and Reds, but neither win. The fact that you’re a Carolina fan only adds to my point.
Whatever helps you sleep.

Interesting. Garden City, Kansas is 375 miles from Kansas City, MO. Harlan, KY is 230 miles from Charlotte, NC. Perhaps you should study a map. Also, Cincinnati is just across a river from Kentucky... just like KC is just across the river from Kansas.
He has no idea what he's talking about.

….here's where your butt buddy turned things in that thread toward UK:

hof_tubby_smith_mug.JPG

gillispie(2)
The only clean head coaches your team has ever had.

Maybe during your next spooning, try talking him out of turning every thread into something about UK.
I believe I responded to pic of Cal... so obviously I didn’t bring up UK 1st.

….you did your normal, worn-out schtick.
Doesn’t matter what I did... the fact is that I didn’t bring up UK 1st & then I didn’t cry about someone hijacking a UK thread.... you’re a special kind of stupid.

Doesn’t matter what I did... the fact is that I didn’t bring up UK 1st & then I didn’t cry about someone hijacking a UK thread.... you’re a special kind of stupid.

...meanwhile, you're just 'special'. Just so you don't get confused... that wasn't a compliment.

Now go snuggle with your boy Baracus and try to come to a nice resolution as to who has to wear the nipple clamps.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
No, your point was, "there are no consensus pro sports teams that Kentuckians root for," and I explained why that is. What does it matter if the teams in close proximity win or not? I thought we were talking about "regional pride" as you said. Are you saying you were only a Royals fan when they were good for a few seasons 5 years ago and not the 30 years prior that they sucked ass? Reds have won 5 World Series titles, btw, which is 1 more title than the Royals and Chiefs combined.

I didn’t realize the Reds had that many, but the last was in the mid-70s. Doesn’t change my point.

Most Kentuckians haven’t seen the top of the mountain in any sports outside of the ‘12 title in 20+ years.

Which, as I’ve said, explains why you still talk about that game like it happened yesterday.

I didn’t realize the Reds had that many, but the last was in the mid-70s. Doesn’t change my point.

Most Kentuckians haven’t seen the top of the mountain in any sports outside of the ‘12 title in 20+ years.

Which, as I’ve said, explains why you still talk about that game like it happened yesterday.
The last was 1990. I see you keep changing your point, how convenient.

The Z/Nile thread is full of UK fans and detractors right now. It’s somehow turned into another UK ping pong match. Laughing

ADVERTISEMENT