ADVERTISEMENT

More Passionate: UK Fans or the Folks That Dislike UK Fans?

First of all, you did a bad job of stating your point then you did a bad job of clarifying your point. Stop blaming everyone else because you weren’t clear. It reads like everyone interpreted it.

Secondly, you don’t have an understanding of geospatial analysis. Nashville is an hour away frm Kentucky. Distance-wise many Kentucky residents live closer to Nashville then they do other cities with professional sports. According to sports economists’ roughly 1/3 of Kentucky counties are majority Titans fans. Stop making bad points, please.

seatgeek_map_with_logo.png

My point should have been pretty clear, especially to anyone who read the other thread in which I talked about this.

And I don’t know the exact number of miles between Nashville and the Kentucky border, but I already acknowledged that it’s close and that there are a solid number of Titans fans in Kentucky. But again, back to the point...the Titans haven’t given them much to brag about.

Any sources to back this up? I came across a chart awhile ago which indicated closer to the opposite. But it wouldn’t be shocking that many jumped on that bandwagon.

When did the Chiefs gain popularity among Kentuckians btw? A year ago?

do you live in KY?
if not then you have no argument

First of all, you did a bad job of stating your point then you did a bad job of clarifying your point. Stop blaming everyone else because you weren’t clear. It reads like everyone interpreted it.

Secondly, you don’t have an understanding of geospatial analysis. Nashville is an hour away frm Kentucky. Distance-wise many Kentucky residents live closer to Nashville then they do other cities with professional sports. According to sports economists’ roughly 1/3 of Kentucky counties are majority Titans fans. Stop making bad points, please.

seatgeek_map_with_logo.png
You made it over here! Nice.

Last edited:
Any sources to back this up? I came across a chart awhile ago which indicated closer to the opposite. But it wouldn’t be shocking that many jumped on that bandwagon.

When did the Chiefs gain popularity among Kentuckians btw? A year ago?
Living in western Ky, right on the Ky/Indiana line... the cardinals are the most popular MLB team around here.
NFL is the Colts & Titans.
I think a lot of that is the TV markets. Cardinals & Colts games are always on TV.

Reactions: Villian07
Living in western Ky, right on the Ky/Indiana line... the cardinals are the most popular MLB team around here.
NFL is the Colts & Titans.
I think a lot of that is the TV markets. Cardinals & Colts games are always on TV.

I’m sure there are plenty of Cardinal fans in the western part, but I was talking about the state as a whole. And I doubt that a huge percentage of those Cardinals fans are diehards. At least not to the extent they’d be if they were the Louisville Cardinals.

I’m sure there are plenty of Cardinal fans in the western part, but I was talking about the state as a whole. And I doubt that a huge percentage of those Cardinals fans are diehards. At least not to the extent they’d be if they were the Louisville Cardinals.
You’re probably right.
I have family in both the Louisville & Lexington are & they’re all Reds fans.
You also get a tons of Reds fans in the Louisville area because of the Louisville Bats, the Reds AAA team.
As a Pirates fan, I hate both of them, especially the Cardinals.

Holy shit MrBaracus.

Have you ever been anywhere? Many people choose teams to root for not based on anything.

Holy crap.

Right, bc cleaning house after an investigation with ocular proof is the right thing to do. Not that it happened in the first place. FTR, I could care less. Just pointing out the ongoing hypocrisy of cats fans.

...if you think this puts UK in anywhere near the same boat with U6....then I don't know what to tell you. Hypocrisy needs 2 similar instances of something in order to exist.

...if you think this puts UK in anywhere near the same boat with U6....then I don't know what to tell you. Hypocrisy needs 2 similar instances of something in order to exist.
I thought there were no wrong doings across the board at UK, regardless of the circumstances? Which is it?

Reactions: uncfan in ky
….was that something to do with the dance team coach? I remember something about him showing up at an even while packing heat or something.
Had to do with Todd Sharpe and his misappropriation of dance team funds.

…..must've been because so many people there were practicing misuse of university funds.
Seemingly all hired by a guy that is no longer apart of the university after we cleaned house.

Don’t tell Zipp that though.

if it breaks NCAA rules...... then cheerleading should be punished even with firing the coaches.

if no rules broken, then just firing them is enough

also strangely... cheerleading didnt report to athletics depeartment......... but they said its going to be under the athletics department from now on.

if it breaks NCAA rules...... then cheerleading should be punished even with firing the coaches.

if no rules broken, then just firing them is enough

also strangely... cheerleading didnt report to athletics depeartment......... but they said its going to be under the athletics department from now on.
I’m sure they didn’t report to the athletic department because cheerleading isn’t recognized as a sport by the NCAA, therefore I don’t think they could’ve broke NCAA Rules.

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
So your argument is that you see more people in your area wearing Cardinals hats?
i see and talk to more people across the state wearing gear from the teams i mentioned

again, do you live in Kentucky?
again, if not then you have no argument

you always spout stuff that you have no clue about
i guess with you the old saying is true
ignorance is bliss

I’m sure they didn’t report to the athletic department because cheerleading isn’t recognized as a sport by the NCAA, therefore I don’t think they could’ve broke NCAA Rules.

you are right... saw that a few minutes ago. explains why there are like 30 different champions a year in different leagues...

i see and talk to more people across the state wearing gear from the teams i mentioned

again, do you live in Kentucky?
again, if not then you have no argument

you always spout stuff that you have no clue about
i guess with you the old saying is true
ignorance is bliss

Who could argue with such a foolproof statistical analysis?

Btw, do you think that Reds fans are equally likely to proudly display gear?

Last edited:

U can’t just lump the state as a whole into one MLB fan base though when half the state is closer to stl and half the state is closer to Cincy. Well probly not exactly 50/50, but the point remains.

And as far a pro bragging rightS go its just pretty pointless imo. I’m not a titans fan but they took a wildcard spot and made it to the afc championship game, beating the number 1 seeded ravens along the way. That’s a damn good season and one to be proud of even though your chiefs won the super bowl.

But I’ve seen my stl cardinals win more WS than the chiefs/royals have won super bowls/World Series combined and Stl only has one franchise in the city. It’s just the fact that you started the whole argument with Kentuckians have nothing to be proud of except cbb, bc we don’t have a pro team in the state. Well if that’s the narrative to your agenda I can say the same thing about people from Kansas. You can claim KC royals/chiefs recent success and I can counter with the STL cardinals. And to suggest Kentuckians probly aren’t “die hard” fans bc STL isn’t “that” close is probly the craziest argument you’ve had yet.

the whole premise of ur argument is just silly, imo. You can’t lump a state full of people with no pro sports teams Together like we are all gonna be fans of the same pro teams. Especially when parts of the state are closer to One Pro city and parts of the states are closer to a different pro city. There’s people in KY that are closer to Nashville than Cincy or STL, there’s people that are closer to stl than Cincy or nashville, and there’s people closer to Cincy than stl and Nashville. And then there’s ppl who are fans of teams no where near Kentucky. So when it comes to pro sports, Kentucky is pretty diverse fandom wise, bc we don’t have a team in our state (just like Kansas).

I feel your okc argument, but there isn’t an nba team to rival them in KC. So I’m sure there are plenty of people in Kansas who are okc/chief/royals fans and geographically I’m sure there are numerous people in Kansas that live wayyyyyyy closer to okc than they do KC, but again the Okc thunder play a different sport than the Franchises in KC. You can be a okc/chiefs/royals fan, but it’s impossible to be a stl cardinals fan and a reds fan at the same time, they are division foes.

ADVERTISEMENT