ADVERTISEMENT

More Passionate: UK Fans or the Folks That Dislike UK Fans?

All you need to do is look at the 8-page SARR thread (I posted a total of one sentence), the “Dear Kentucky” thread (0 posts), or the thread about the Kentucky/Indiana series (0 posts). Those are the Kentucky-centered threads that I see at a glance on the first page.

Now count the number of Kentucky posts in the KU and Louisville threads.RollLaugh
All I need to do is look at your recent posts and out of all your posts this week more than half regard UK.

ur number 3 ;) and round out my list of UK posters on here I like off the top of my head. Really the only thing jimbo has on ya is that he routinely rustles Bert lol.

I dislike some more than others, but y’all 3 always add intelligent conversation, rarely regurgitate the same old arguments, aren’t total sunshine pumpers, and can admit when you are wrong, which some people have trouble with.

luckily for me I’m wrong all the time, so I have no problem owning it.

Jimbo never rustles Bert. Dimbo has been on ignore by me for two years. I don't know one fvcking thing that he says about or toward me. In other words he does not exist in my little world.

So can you please explain how he can rustle me?

Okay okay. At the risk of being a point and case I have to point out the irony/hypocrisy here.

UNC fans on here come running like moths to a flame at even the slightest mention of AFAM and fake classes, and at one point were even lobbying to have any posts or topics about it moderated. And are calling OTHER fanbases out for being sensitive. I’m sorry. I don’t have anything against any of you. But that nearly made me spit my drink out.

Now, carry on.

Leading up to the decision I would go months never mentioning it or participating in threads that mentioned it. Then I would pop in and rustle that one guy a bit and then disappear for months again. At least those of us involved didn't disappear when things didn't go our way I guess. It was mainly just a bunch of people, and a couple of UNC fans arguing, who wanted us to burn stroking each other.

Now that it is over I'll admit if it's brought up I'll mess with someone but that is because these people lost and can't let it go. I think it's fair. I don't remember anyone wanting any of it moderated. Hell, it was a good look for us and terrible for all the whiners so not sure why a UNC would want that. Maybe because so many people were so obsessed with it they couldn't let it go and mucked up all the threads? IDK. All fanbases are sensitive to a degree though. Come after them and there will be those who defend them.

Jimbo never rustles Bert. Dimbo has been on ignore by me for two years. I don't know one fvcking thing that he says about or toward me. In other words he does not exist in my little world.

You have us both on ignore. The rustle is real when you have to do that.

Well to be fair I hated and attacked UK far before the scandals and will when they are nothing but a memory.

on this board I’d say it’s pretty close, But in real life it’s UK fans’ passion/crazy by a mile. I doubt anyone on this board has made death threats towards anyone over UK nor attempted to run a referees side business into the ground bc he made a bad call in favor of uk. Nor harass kids on twitter for choosing another school etc.

But with that said the UK hate is definitely real, and for me personally it has more to do with the “fanatic/arrogant” portion of the fan base than hate towards any uk player or coach. But again you have to realize I live in a small town in wky that’s probably 90% uk fans, so my bias is stems from the fact that every average asshole, dumbass, racist, liar, thief etc that I know has a 90% chance of being a UK fan, just bc where I’m from. And don’t get me wrong I have more friends in my life that are Uk fans, than people I dislike, but in my mind it doesn’t make up for the “assholes”. I know that’s not fair to the average UK fan, or the fan base as a whole, it’s just my life experience.

I chose to be a Louisville fan mainly just to be different, but also bc UK sketchy history regarding racism. But mainly bc I was tired of hearing how great UK is/was 24/7 365 from people (like 60 year old women at church) that don’t even know all the rules of the sport of basketball. The same fans that will tell you the refs cost UK the game, but when asked which call or calls they didn’t agree with have no clue besides, “we were getting mugged all game long and we would get called for a foul for breathing on the other team”

Also, and I might be way off base, but there seems to be a fragment of the UK fan base that thinks they are better people or better at life because they are a UK fan, especially when UK is good, which is way more often than not. Like they tie the success of the basketball team together with their self worth or with the personal success in life, even though they have absolutely nothing to do with the program other than being a fan.

my two biggest pet peeves are people that brag all the time and people that think they are better than other people whether bc of race, wealth, social status, whatever. And that fits the bill with many UK fans I know personally.

But honestly I think all the bad pub the UK fan base receives is a bit much, bc they are basically getting blowback all the time bc there are sooooooo many uk fans. Every fan base has their fringe lunatics, but when u have arguably the largest fan base, statistics show you will also have more fanatics/lunatics. And then social media came along and made those type of fans the face of bbn bc they are fun to point and laugh at, imo.
giphy.gif

UK fans that think UK is always the best and/or can do no wrong are just as annoying as people who post about UK more than their own team. Both are absolutely pathetic.

Reactions: Villian07 and wesr
I don’t put people on ignore. That’s a bitch move
While I’m not say you do this, so don’t take it that way.
If you’re not going to put someone on ignore, don’t whine & cry over every post they make.
I’d rather someone just put me on ignore than nit pick every comment I make.

Like you guys don't do the same to others? All fan bases throw shade at everyone, it's what fans do and some can get over the top so I agree with you on that. KU and UL fans here are getting killed over the drama they're going through and what fan base is leading the charge? When UNC was going through theirs who was leading the charge? I'm saying in some instances you guys can dish it out but you can't take it and the result of that is threads get off topic and the whizzing matches start.
I don't know what you're talking about, we've been very well behaved :D

Anyway, I don't get your comment about UK fans giving it, but not being able to take it. How do you figure that? I think we take the abuse quite well. You don't expect us to just take it and not respond do you?

Should’ve named the thread “Worst posters on this message board GITT”. I refuse to click show ignored content. I imagine it’s the same few UK shitposters arguing with the handful of other shitposters about the same thing they argue about in every thread. Might as well sticky this thread and let them go at it here. Ban the idiots when they hi-jack other threads with non-sense.

he obv rustled you at some point if u had to use the big bad ignore.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Well to be fair I hated and attacked UK far before the scandals and will when they are nothing but a memory.

on this board I’d say it’s pretty close, But in real life it’s UK fans’ passion/crazy by a mile. I doubt anyone on this board has made death threats towards anyone over UK nor attempted to run a referees side business into the ground bc he made a bad call in favor of uk. Nor harass kids on twitter for choosing another school etc.

But with that said the UK hate is definitely real, and for me personally it has more to do with the “fanatic/arrogant” portion of the fan base than hate towards any uk player or coach. But again you have to realize I live in a small town in wky that’s probably 90% uk fans, so my bias is stems from the fact that every average asshole, dumbass, racist, liar, thief etc that I know has a 90% chance of being a UK fan, just bc where I’m from. And don’t get me wrong I have more friends in my life that are Uk fans, than people I dislike, but in my mind it doesn’t make up for the “assholes”. I know that’s not fair to the average UK fan, or the fan base as a whole, it’s just my life experience.

I chose to be a Louisville fan mainly just to be different, but also bc UK sketchy history regarding racism. But mainly bc I was tired of hearing how great UK is/was 24/7 365 from people (like 60 year old women at church) that don’t even know all the rules of the sport of basketball. The same fans that will tell you the refs cost UK the game, but when asked which call or calls they didn’t agree with have no clue besides, “we were getting mugged all game long and we would get called for a foul for breathing on the other team”

Also, and I might be way off base, but there seems to be a fragment of the UK fan base that thinks they are better people or better at life because they are a UK fan, especially when UK is good, which is way more often than not. Like they tie the success of the basketball team together with their self worth or with the personal success in life, even though they have absolutely nothing to do with the program other than being a fan.

my two biggest pet peeves are people that brag all the time and people that think they are better than other people whether bc of race, wealth, social status, whatever. And that fits the bill with many UK fans I know personally.

But honestly I think all the bad pub the UK fan base receives is a bit much, bc they are basically getting blowback all the time bc there are sooooooo many uk fans. Every fan base has their fringe lunatics, but when u have arguably the largest fan base, statistics show you will also have more fanatics/lunatics. And then social media came along and made those type of fans the face of bbn bc they are fun to point and laugh at, imo.

Damn. You need therapy.

All I need to do is look at your recent posts and out of all your posts this week more than half regard UK.

You have to go pretty far into my history to find more than one or two jabs at UK (the kind that other posters make routinely btw). If you’re referring to the back and forth with JC, that hardly counts. He came at KU and I (and others) responded. That’s what happens on sports message boards. Pissing contests make up about 80% of the content on here.

You and other posters are basically just proving how sensitive you are.

The KU-NCAA thread is nothing but Kentucky fans rooting for 5 year postseason bans. And no one is shocked in the least.

You have to go pretty far into my history to find more than one or two jabs at UK (the kind that other posters make routinely btw). If you’re referring to the back and forth with JC, that hardly counts. He came at KU and I (and others) responded. That’s what happens on sports message boards. Pissing contests make up about 80% of the content on here.

You and other posters are basically just proving how sensitive you are.

The KU-NCAA thread is nothing but Kentucky fans rooting for 5 year postseason bans. And no one is shocked in the least.
Nah, I could look at your post history any given week and it would be the same.

Nah, I could look at your post history any given week and it would be the same.

My point is, if you take out the responses to JC’s nonsense, there are very few “shots” at UK. So being the same isn’t really saying anything.

No comments on the collective obsession of UK fans? I guess as long as it’s a group effort, and you spread the hate, that’s acceptable, right?

My point is, if you take out the responses to JC’s nonsense, there are very few “shots” at UK. So being the same isn’t really saying anything.

No comments on the collective obsession of UK fans? I guess as long as it’s a group effort, and you spread the hate, that’s acceptable, right?
Collective obsession of what? Didn't you just say in this very thread it's the UK fans that, "dish out the obsessed label"? Laughing

Precisely.

What I do is no different than what half the Kentucky fans here do. But somehow it’s better if it’s a collective effort.

Hell, I ignore about 75% of Kentucky-related crap on here. But it’s impossible to ignore all of it as they infiltrate every thread. Many of them can’t grasp this concept and choose to dish out the “obsessed” label, as they wait for the next KU, Louisville, UNC, Duke (hell, just fill in the blank) post to pounce on.

UK fans are both. They are extremely sensitive and paranoid as a whole, which is Cal was such a perfect fit. He plays to their out to get me it's us against the world mentality. They are also ridiculously passionate and a great fanbase overall. Not just for basketball either. There are a lot of great UK posters here who make this place better though. Wouldn't be the same if they weren't here.

The thing is when you say UK fans are sensitive or UK fans use the word “obsessed” two things come to mind. UNc fans use the phrase “you’re obsessed” more than any fan base on this board and it’s not close although it’s a fan favorite for all fan bases. When you talk about fans being sensitive tell me a fan base that doesn’t have sensitive fans. Idk if you call it sensitive, protective, or what you call it but mention Cal being dirty and UK fans come running, mention Fraud and scandal and UNc fans come running, mention Pitino and strippers and here comes UL fans, mention the death penalty and here comes KU fans and if you mention gay guys here comes the Duke fans( I’m just playing)! My point is, unless you’re a dumbass or an idiot you would see all fans bases do the same thing. The ones who act like their fan base doesn’t do something stupid is just a pure dumbass! I’ve said it from day one, it’s part of being a fan!

Been saying that for year but yet, they just won’t.
They bitch about what I post but they just can’t hit that ignore button.

Wait, you bragged for months you had me on ignore. We all knew you didn’t and I knew if I just kept on you would finally respond. So my question to you is, why did you take me off of fake ignore. Also, what did you think about that link I provided that had a chair of infractions guy saying Cal was innocent and that he sent Cal a letter.

Wait, you bragged for months you had me on ignore. We all knew you didn’t and I knew if I just kept on you would finally respond. So my question to you is, why did you take me off of fake ignore. Also, what did you think about that link I provided that had a chair of infractions guy saying Cal was innocent and that he sent Cal a letter.
I never said I had you on ignore, I said I was going to ignore you, big difference.
I’m not reading a article from wildcatbluenation.
If I posted a article from tarheeltimes saying UNC was innocent, would you believe it?
Nope, I provided one from the NCAA itself saying it.
Too bad you can’t seem to do the same.

Not to answer for him but I respond to the AFAM threads because I know it pisses people off that UNC was found innocent.
Not sure what you’re talking about with “having threads moderated.”

I don’t remember seeing that, not saying you’re wrong.
I’ve bitched about the mods, especially two of them, for censoring some of my post but then allowing people to take shot after shot at me.
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t care what people think or say but don’t only sensor one side of it.
Go up & read the 50 greatest teams of all time thread... I got banned from it for stating my opinion that programs should lose points For being put on probation, including UNC.
People took shot after shot at then when it got off topic, I got banned.

You do it to piss people off?Laughing No, You come running like other UNc fans do who claim they don’t care what people say or think because it chaps your ass like it does theirs when people talk about UNc and everyone knows it. You can play the “I just reply to piss people off” card all you want but it’s weak and we all know why y’all reply. If y’all didn’t care or if it didn’t bother you then you simply wouldn’t reply but I’m glad you do, I enjoy the entertainment. :D

I never said I had you on ignore, I said I was going to ignore you, big difference.
I’m not reading a article from wildcatbluenation.
If I posted a article from tarheeltimes saying UNC was innocent, would you believe it?
Nope, I provided one from the NCAA itself saying it.
Too bad you can’t seem to do the same.

It has quotes from the NCAA head of infractions saying Cal was cleared in both cases. It’s not something they wrote they just talk about it. You ask for something and I delivered. I know you read it it’s just the fact that you’re to big a pussy to admit you was wrong! That’s ok, I know you read it!!SmokinSmile

You do it to piss people off?Laughing No, You come running like other UNc fans do who claim they don’t care what people say or think because it chaps your ass like it does theirs when people talk about UNc and everyone knows it. You can play the “I just reply to piss people off” card all you want but it’s weak and we all know why y’all reply. If y’all didn’t care or if it didn’t bother you then you simply wouldn’t reply but I’m glad you do, I enjoy the entertainment. :D
So it chaps my ass that UNC received no punishment from the NCAA?

It has quotes from the NCAA head of infractions saying Cal was cleared in both cases. It’s not something they wrote they just talk about it. You ask for something and I delivered. I know you read it it’s just the fact that you’re to big a pussy to admit you was wrong! That’s ok, I know you read it!!SmokinSmile
Guess you’re wrong again. Hope you’re getting used to it.
Why the hell would I read a article from a pro-UK site?
Keep digging, I hope you find legit proof but I’m not holding my breath.

The thing is when you say UK fans are sensitive or UK fans use the word “obsessed” two things come to mind. UNc fans use the phrase “you’re obsessed” more than any fan base on this board and it’s not close although it’s a fan favorite for all fan bases. When you talk about fans being sensitive tell me a fan base that doesn’t have sensitive fans. Idk if you call it sensitive, protective, or what you call it but mention Cal being dirty and UK fans come running, mention Fraud and scandal and UNc fans come running, mention Pitino and strippers and here comes UL fans, mention the death penalty and here comes KU fans and if you mention gay guys here comes the Duke fans( I’m just playing)! My point is, unless you’re a dumbass or an idiot you would see all fans bases do the same thing. The ones who act like their fan base doesn’t do something stupid is just a pure dumbass! I’ve said it from day one, it’s part of being a fan!

Not sure what your point is. I'm pretty sure I said all fanbases defend their teams when people talk. I would bet a lot that UK fans have used obsessed more than any other though. Don't think it would be close and I think every other UK fan but you probably agrees. I guess if we went 'per capita' then you may have an argument.

Not sure what your point is. I'm pretty sure I said all fanbases defend their teams when people talk. I would bet a lot that UK fans have used obsessed more than any other though. Don't think it would be close and I think every other UK fan but you probably agrees. I guess if we went 'per capita' then you may have an argument.

Then I guess your point is the same as mine! Every fan bases cry’s about refs, every fan base says “you’re obsessed” and every fan base has sensitive fans. As far as you trying to sound clever just stop, it’s not a good look!

I can admit we have more “bad” fans than anyone else because we have more fans but no fan base in the country uses “obsessed” more than UNc. Idk if that’s y’alls way of trying to get people not to bring up the fraud stuff or whatever but it doesn’t work. Cute but it doesn’t work!

Last edited:
Then I guess your point is the same as mine! Every fan bases cry’s about refs, every fan base says “you’re obsessed” and every fan base has sensitive fans. As far as you trying to sound clever just stop, it’s not a good look!

You should have just stopped with your original comment. That was just too hard for you though. I have no idea what your clever comment means. There was nothing I said that was clever nor that could even be assumed as clever.

I can admit we have more “bad” fans than anyone else because we have more fans but no fan base in the country uses “obsessed” more than UNc. Idk if that’s y’alls way of trying to get people not to bring up the fraud stuff or whatever but it doesn’t work. Cute but it doesn’t work!

You quoted me twice to say this, lol. What the hell does this even mean?

The weirdest post in this entire thread is you quoting uncfan and saying all that stuff to him about claiming to just post to rile up UK fans or whatever when that is literally (yes, literally) the exact same thing you say when you are called out on your UNC nonsense. I don't even think you realized it when you posted either.

Reactions: AWilli6995
If you don’t get it after all this time I don’t know what to tell you. You have to be really slow! I’ve even told you before to not take it personal when I talk shit about UNc because it’s not towards you. Seems like it hurts your feelings or something. I’ve never seen anybody (besides sugar tits) get so worked up over this stuff. Again, if you don’t get it I don’t know what to tell you.

Guess you’re wrong again. Hope you’re getting used to it.
Why the hell would I read a article from a pro-UK site?
Keep digging, I hope you find legit proof but I’m not holding my breath.

Wrong again Sweetness! You told me to find something showing the NCAA cleared him. I provided that! It’s not like the “pro UK site” wrote the letter to Cal. It was the man himself, the big cheese, the Great Bambino, the Head of NCAA Infractions...Mr. Thomas Yeager!!!

I can agree with this post. Dude is unhinged and a U of L fan. Won’t defend him tooth and nail like some defend other shite posters on this board.

I thought I was being pretty mild itt. But one thing you can take to the bank with you is that nothing that happens on an anonymous message board will ever have me “unhinged”

sure I’ll argue and disagree with topics, but just bc you don’t like what I have to say, or my opinions, doesn’t make me crazy, unhinged, need therapy or whatever.

Imo if anything is a cry for help, it’s personally attacking posters (not talking about sarcasm or in jest) on an anonymous message board who you don’t know in real life, but carry on.

Wrong again Sweetness! You told me to find something showing the NCAA cleared him. I provided that! It’s not like the “pro UK site” wrote the letter to Cal. It was the man himself, the big cheese, the Great Bambino, the Head of NCAA Infractions...Mr. Thomas Yeager!!!
Go back & check again.
I asked for a link from the NCAA itself, just like the one I provided.

Collective obsession of what? Didn't you just say in this very thread it's the UK fans that, "dish out the obsessed label"? Laughing

Yeah, so what? Many of you are obsessed. Not with just one school/coach, but with about 10. Again, look at the KU and Louisville threads and look at my responses (or lack thereof) in the UK threads.

I mean, JC even called the KU thread a “UK thread,” FFS.RollLaugh

Last edited:
Jimbo, fwiw (absolutely nothing) but ur my second favorite UK poster right behind Lurker.

Sorry I’m ur least favorite UL poster, but I’ll overcome it.
I never saw this but you are far from one of my least favorite posters here. I was just being an ass on a hungover Saturday. My apologies

Reactions: Villian07
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT