ADVERTISEMENT

MJ vs Lebitch

Would you have Lebron on your team if you were building a team from players of his generation?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
All time, Lebron is above Kobe but below MJ. If you're asking who you want to shoot the last shot of the game, or who has a better mentality when it comes to winning, I think the clear edge goes to Kobe and MJ over LeBron.

LeBron is probably the most talented basketball player of all time. If he had the assassin's mentality of a Bryant or Jordan, I don't think there'd be a debate on who the best of all time is.

Pippen isn't always consistent with his thoughts. He previously said LeBron was ahead of MJ. Heading into the 2000 playoffs, he also said the Blazers were better than the Bulls of the 90's. I don't value his opinion a whole lot, to be honest. Kind of reminds me of an insecure girl that just wants a little more attention.

All time, Lebron is above Kobe but below MJ. If you're asking who you want to shoot the last shot of the game, or who has a better mentality when it comes to winning, I think the clear edge goes to Kobe and MJ over LeBron.

LeBron is probably the most talented basketball player of all time. If he had the assassin's mentality of a Bryant or Jordan, I don't think there'd be a debate on who the best of all time is.
Lebron usually takes the last shot Jimbo. sure, he passed off a couple times....but so has MJ.

Kobe will always take it....but my bet is Lebron has a far better chance to make it, as would MJ.

I’d put Larry Bird in there as well with the assassins mentality. Kobe, Bird, MJ are three of the guys that I have seen that have that more than others on that level. I’d put the pistons Isaiah Thomas in there too.

As for what Pippen said.....consider the source. He isn’t all that consistent in this area.

I’d put Larry Bird in there as well with the assassins mentality. Kobe, Bird, MJ are three of the guys that I have seen that have that more than others on that level. I’d put the pistons Isaiah Thomas in there too.

As for what Pippen said.....consider the source. He isn’t all that consistent in this area.
For sure. Before @dukedevilz post I kind of thought to myself that Scotty has been all over the place in regards to this topic. He only confirmed my suspicions. Bird was definitely a killer.

MJ never quit on his team. Lebron has done that MANY times including last year's finals. He's a pathetic douchebag.
Never quit on his team? This guy wants to say, "hi"......ya gotta love this forum

michael-jordan-357JAN22.jpg

I don't think you understand what "quitting" means. HINT: It's not a synonym for retiring.

Do you need the meaning of the word explained to you?

Definition of retire 1 : to give up a job permanently : quit working My grandfather retired at 65 years old.

do YOU need a definition of "permanently"?

Here's another - leave one's job and cease to work, typically upon reaching the normal age for leaving employment:

would you say 29-30 is the "normal age" for peak players to retire?

Too easy.

A debate that will never end one way or another, IMO.

MJ definitely had that killer instinct, Kobe too. But MJ never had to play against players like Steph Curry who can hit from anywhere inside half court. Never had to play against a KD, who is 6'11", can play any position, and shoots nearly 40% from 3. Giannis, Westbrook, Harden, Kawhi, etc. There simply weren't players like that, back in the 90's.

As has been discussed before, the game has evolved. Players are more skilled, more athletic, and there are more of them. The game has changed.

Steve Kerr was #1 in 3pt% in 1995, at 52.3% - but he only took 2 a game (he never even averaged 3.0 attempts in any season). John Starks was the leader in makes and attempts in 1995, he hit 217 / 611 3PA, good for 35.5%. Curry shoots 44% from 3, and averages 10+ a game. He's already hit 236 this season (on 531 attempts), and we're only at the All-Star break.

I think Jordan would still be incredible in today's NBA, I just don't think that the majority of the rest of the 90's NBA would be as good as the role players of today.

Lol. The question was, what do you think of what Pippen said. Not who do you think is better.

*lol @ me. Guess the thread title indicates that it is a MJ vs Lebitch debate. Carry on.

MJ was more of a killer. He was also a giant douchebag.

LeBron has his shortcomings, but in terms of a human being, he beats out Jordan pretty clearly.

Reactions: Dattier and UL_1986
Definition of retire 1 : to give up a job permanently : quit working My grandfather retired at 65 years old.

Here's another - leave one's job and cease to work, typically upon reaching the normal age for leaving employment:

Too easy.

Well played

Reactions: dtgold88
MJ was more of a killer. He was also a giant douchebag.

LeBron has his shortcomings, but in terms of a human being, he beats out Jordan pretty clearly.
Why is MJ such a d bag and Lebron on a pedestal in the human being awards?

Reactions: RollTide7277

I heard a story about Bird today where he shot most of his shots with his left hand in some game (and made most) and when asked why said he was saving his right hand for the Lakers. Dude was a crap talking king and beast of a player.

Give me Bron all day, every day! From his work on AND off the court!

You have become the king of trolls on here, lol.

As for quitting, I'm assuming those equating Jordan to Lebron here are also just trolling. No way anyone sees retiring and not trying in a game as the same thing.

I think it is because Jordan is kind of a jerk or something maybe. I don't really know. Lebron has his character flaws as well. People just excuse them. Jordan has done a crapload of stuff for charity and to benefit others so it has to just be his attitude. I get it but being that way is one reason he is Jordan and Lebron isn't.

I think it is because Jordan is kind of a jerk or something maybe. I don't really know. Lebron has his character flaws as well. People just excuse them. Jordan has done a crapload of stuff for charity and to benefit others so it has to just be his attitude. I get it but being that way is one reason he is Jordan and Lebron isn't.
I am anything but a fan of Jordan but I do admire his IDGAF attitude.

I heard a story about Bird today where he shot most of his shots with his left hand in some game (and made most) and when asked why said he was saving his right hand for the Lakers. Dude was a crap talking king and beast of a player.

You have become the king of trolls on here, lol.

As for quitting, I'm assuming those equating Jordan to Lebron here are also just trolling. No way anyone sees retiring and not trying in a game as the same thing.
Yeah, that was against the Blazers a day or two before that game with the Lakers. Bird had a 47 point game along with a triple double. I think he took 20 shots or so lefty. Made about half of them. That was in 86. That Celtic team was a machine.

Lol. The question was, what do you think of what Pippen said. Not who do you think is better.

*lol @ me. Guess the thread title indicates that it is a MJ vs Lebitch debate. Carry on.
Always ends up that way.

I think Jordan is 100 times less abrasive to listen to than Bron. And I wouldn't vouch for any professional athlete being a good guy off the court if I didn't know them personally.

Too easy.

Nice try. Nothing in the rules of life says you can't retire and then change your mind about it later in life. No one's going to go back in time and demand that your retirement party be changed to a quitter party.

Now, quitting on your team MID-GAME and doing it multiple times is the sure sign of a douchebag/POS. Only you would try and dispute that or mitigate it by comparing it to a grief stricken athlete retiring from his sport after the season and winning a championship.

Too easy.

Jordan is famous for being an absolute asshole to everyone. An abrasive, aggressive asshole... always looking to cut someone down, to beat someone, to dominate someone, whether it be a newly drafted rookie or a high school kid at a camp or an aging coach. Players , assistant coaches, coaches... everyone. LeBron, not so much.

I think you dislike listening to LeBron because of his social/political status and/or message, because if you just listen to him shooting the breeze, he’s a pretty good talker, and thoughtful for an athlete.

Nice try. Nothing in the rules of life says you can't retire and then change your mind about it later in life. No one's going to go back in time and demand that your retirement party be changed to a quitter party.

Now, quitting on your team MID-GAME and doing it multiple times is the sure sign of a douchebag/POS. Only you would try and dispute that or mitigate it by comparing it to a grief stricken athlete retiring from his sport after the season and winning a championship.

Too easy.

Wait, what’s the story of James quitting mid game multiple times?

If you want someone to shoot a last second shot, pretty sure you want Robert Horry.

Jordan is famous for being an absolute asshole to everyone. An abrasive, aggressive asshole... always looking to cut someone down, to beat someone, to dominate someone, whether it be a newly drafted rookie or a high school kid at a camp or an aging coach. Players , assistant coaches, coaches... everyone. LeBron, not so much.

I think you dislike listening to LeBron because of his social/political status and/or message, because if you just listen to him shooting the breeze, he’s a pretty good talker, and thoughtful for an athlete.

I'm pretty in line with most of LeBron's social stances and find him sort of annoying. Mainly because I think he is more for show than genuine. Jordan being a hardass on players is a crappy reason to think he is a bad person. I would prefer someone who is tough on guys than someone who gets dunked on by a camper and has the video of it confiscated because he is so insecure about it. I'll admit I'm not a huge fan of insecure athletes though.

Wait, what’s the story of James quitting mid game multiple times?

There have been a few times where he has kind of quit and not given much effort. This isn't really a big secret.

I'm pretty in line with most of LeBron's social stances and find him sort of annoying. Mainly because I think he is more for show than genuine. Jordan being a hardass on players is a crappy reason to think he is a bad person. I would prefer someone who is tough on guys than someone who gets dunked on by a camper and has the video of it confiscated because he is so insecure about it. I'll admit I'm not a huge fan of insecure athletes though.

There have been a few times where he has kind of quit and not given much effort. This isn't really a big secret.

I think Jordan is a crappy person because he had such bad gambling debts he got his dad murdered and was essentially suspended from the league for 18 months. Other worldly player though.

Lebron is probably a better athlete with more natural talent but yeah he’s a little insecure. Of course having your mom railed by Delonte West might do that to someone.

What makes you think that?

Just the impression I get. It is completely an opinion. I like Lebron tbh. I think he is ridiculous to watch and pulled for him both times he was with Cleveland to some degree (especially the first). I just think he wants to be seen as out front on social issues and sort of forces it. Just my opinion.

I could be wrong, though not nearly as wrong as the FSU conspiracy guy at least, lol.

I don't think I've ever talked to a Lebron fan that absolutely hates MJ.

However, I've talked to plenty of MJ fans that absolutely hate Lebron.

He's not a very good talker. But whatever. Could it be said that you defend Lebitch because of his social/political status? Me personally, I don't like him because he flops, whines, controls and demands. His on the court antics annoy me worse than his off the court garbage. He is a fine dresser, but not a fine talker. Give me a break, dude. They wasn't educated. Nuff said.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Just the impression I get. It is completely an opinion. I like Lebron tbh. I think he is ridiculous to watch and pulled for him both times he was with Cleveland to some degree (especially the first). I just think he wants to be seen as out front on social issues and sort of forces it. Just my opinion.

I could be wrong, though not nearly as wrong as the FSU conspiracy guy at least, lol.

Actually I think Lebron sincerely wants to be a force of positive social change. I know he’s genuine about his involvement with low-income schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT