ADVERTISEMENT

Maui Invitational

Great game.

UNC really wanted that and showed a lot of fight.
Those guards for Texas really want to win. Like I said before their ability to prove people wrong last year was taken away. So it is all eggs in one basket.
Maybe that will help then push even harder this year.

But UNC is going to be a great team.
Your bigs dominate. Think UNC had 15-20 more rebounds

Great game.

UNC really wanted that and showed a lot of fight.
Those guards for Texas really want to win. Like I said before their ability to prove people wrong last year was taken away. So it is all eggs in one basket.
Maybe that will help then push even harder this year.

But UNC is going to be a great team.
Your bigs dominate. Think UNC had 15-20 more rebounds

UNC was +18 on the glass. Missing 14 FT's offset that. I was surprised we came back the way we did.

UNC was +18 on the glass. Missing 14 FT's offset that. I was surprised we came back the way we did.

Considering how badly we shot and the turnovers (some because of good D and some because of inexperience), I didn’t think there was a chance it would be a game at the end.

Reactions: AWilli6995
UNC is going to be good later in the year when the freshman don't suck but Texas is good right now. Good win for you guys. Poor job by UNC not getting the ball out of Coleman's hands. I hate letting teams get exactly what they want. UNC has to fix TOs and their awful shooting but they will be tough eventually. Getting Harris back will make this team considerable better IMO.

Roy said he knew Greg Brown was going to hit a three on UNC today...

Guy was 0-11 before today and ended up hitting 2 or 3.

Roy was smart with Greg Brown. Maybe Mack told him through his Dad. But Greg Brown was going to Texas and was just playing around with his recruiting. Not like some other schools who thought they had a chance.
But his Dad played football for Mack in the late 90's. Wasn't going to do UNC like that.

Roy said he knew Greg Brown was going to hit a three on UNC today...

Guy was 0-11 before today and ended up hitting 2 or 3.

Roy was smart with Greg Brown. Maybe Mack told him through his Dad. But Greg Brown was going to Texas and was just playing around with his recruiting. Not like some other schools who thought they had a chance.
But his Dad played football for Mack in the late 90's. Wasn't going to do UNC like that.

That was a weird situation. He was pissed off when Roy stopped recruiting him. His dad was as well. He kind of talked **** about UNC. Made no sense. Sensitive dude.

No more than Stephen F Austin would bother you in November.

I don't like losing, regardless. To each their own, I guess.

And that's a funny comparison, seeing how Wofford finished 7th in a 10-team conference - and SF Austin finished the year at 28-3.

I was watching on my phone. Considering you watched the game, should it have been?
I’m not complaining or blaming the Refs, just asking a question because I didn’t have a great view of it.

There was 1 second on the shot clock.
Normally you would see it but I guess the refs felt like a change of possession occured.
Could have went either way. Sometimes people complain when the opposite happens and the refs insert themselves into the game

IMO I don't think the refs wanted to insert themselves into the game at that point.

I believe that once the ball was inbounded the change of possession occured.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
I don't like losing, regardless. To each their own, I guess.

And that's a funny comparison, seeing how Wofford finished 7th in a 10-team conference - and SF Austin finished the year at 28-3.
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

You can say the same thing about that Utah team a few years later that played UNC in the Final 4.

That shocked a lot of people. How relatively easy they beat UNC. That UNC team was deadly when the game opened up

But you don't open the game up when the other team can run the floor better than you

The first half UNC was trying to play at their normal pace against Texas
Roy slowed things down. Especially because of the amount of turnovers.

The first half was what I was speaking about
There was a 2 minute part where that game was wide open and Texas took a tie game to an 11-12 point lead
Watch the Brock Cunningham three in transition. Guy had almost 5 seconds to set his feet and shoot the ball.

Your just mad because we own you and you cant beat Texas, deal with it. NC is our B!ich
unc-ch-championship-banners-orange-cat-art.jpg
These always put me in a better mood.

When it comes to winning time, playing for something, Texas is no where to be found. I mean how many FF’s have you guys played in? I’m not going to mention titles because we all know how many you have.

When it comes to winning time, playing for something, Texas is no where to be found. I mean how many FF’s have you guys played in? I’m not going to mention titles because we all know how many you have.

What are you even talking about...

Texas is the most successful athletic program in the major sports.

UNC has been respectful but not on our level

Just take the loss and move on. No reason to turn this into a pissing contest.

I mean, UNC is eighth overall I think in total championships so they are on their level. They have 45 to the 53 Texas has. Not a large disparity. Texas has a lot in swimming and diving and UNC in field hockey and soccer. College baseball isn't a major sport. Really just college basketball and football are what mainstream people care about.

Regardless, this is a college basketball board so not sure what any other sport has to do with anything here. In college basketball no one, including you, would argue Texas is close to UNC. Which is fine, they are way better in some other sports so it's all good.

Last edited:

I gave you props for the win and was very respectful in doing so. If your program was all that you'll have more hardware to show for it. You brag all the time about Texas has all this money, talent and etc but when it comes to showing it on the court I, you and everyone else don't see it, For a successful program as yours you guys are all giddy about beating UNC. Again congrats on the win and good lick going forward.

Texas has 47 national championships.... UNC has 45.
Neither are on the level of Stanford. They have 126

Reactions: Crappy Davenpot
I mean, UNC is eighth overall I think in total championships so they are on anyone's level. They have 45 to the 53 Texas has. Not a large disparity. Texas has a lot in swimming and diving and UNC in field hockey and soccer.

Regardless, this is a college basketball board so not sure what all those sports have to do with anything here. In college basketball no one, including you, would argue Texas is close to UNC. Which is fine, they are way better in some other sports so it's all good.
I see Texas with 47, where did you see them with 53?

I gave you props for the win and was very respectful in doing so. If your program was all that you'll have more hardware to show for it. You brag all the time about Texas has all this money, talent and etc but when it comes to showing it on the court I, you and everyone else don't see it, For a successful program as yours you guys are all giddy about beating UNC. Again congrats on the win and good lick going forward.

Play Villanova on Sunday and then Baylor the following Sunday.

Maui was just a warm-up. Need to compete in both of those games

Talking about the major sports.

A good decade in basketball and Texas can be Top 10 in football, baseball and basketball.
Most schools aren't even Top 10 in one let alone all three
What criteria are you using? I don’t see any way Texas could be considered top 10 in basketball

Talking about the major sports.

A good decade in basketball and Texas can be Top 10 in football, baseball and basketball.
Most schools aren't even Top 10 in one let alone all three

And how long have you been waiting for this decade to come? Last time I checked this a CBB forum but as always you bring other sports in to make your argument.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT