ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Cuban Asks Calipari to Renew Kentucky/Indiana Series

Indiana isn't really interested in playing UK, or they'd play at a neutral site. Instead, IU fans love the narrative that UK is "ducking" IU. It seems to bother IU and their fans much more than the UK fans.

Indiana isn't really interested in playing UK, or they'd play at a neutral site. Instead, IU fans love the narrative that UK is "ducking" IU. It seems to bother IU and their fans much more than the UK fans.

That’s been the plan since Archie took over. The biggest hurdle right now have been prior commitments (Louisville, Crossroads Classic, Maui, etc.) and the B1G jumping to 20 conference games.

I think the series will renew but it’s going to be a few more years.

That’s been the plan since Archie took over. The biggest hurdle right now have been prior commitments (Louisville, Crossroads Classic, Maui, etc.) and the B1G jumping to 20 conference games.

I think the series will renew but it’s going to be a few more years.

I don't think that it will happen as long as Cal is the coach.

Indiana dictated terms to Cal and UK. That does not go down well when Kentucky can play good teams on UK's terms. So UK walked and IU has been crying ever sense.

Disagree with this.

Kentucky should play IU, UNC and UL every year home and home. Ducking big OOC games has not made UK better in March since. Calipari started doing it. Should play as many headline games as possible every year.
IU is nowhere close to being a big game. IU is no longer meaningful.

I do agree with Cal ducking bigger games and scheduling patsies, and now even Evansville is beating us. If we are to lose games early, at least lose to a school people have heard about.

IU is nowhere close to being a big game. IU is no longer meaningful.

I do agree with Cal ducking bigger games and scheduling patsies, and now even Evansville is beating us. If we are to lose games early, at least lose to a school people have heard about.

A lot of UK fans say IU isn't a big game, but it's our 2nd biggest rivalry in reality with great tradition. One of best rivalries in country. Kentucky did better in March before canceling the traditional OOC rivalries.

It's better for recruiting. It's better for fans. Better for Rupp. Better for Kentucky. And arguably it's better for wins and losses in the long run because it challenges them earlier in the season. Calipari argues he needs neutral site games to help in March, but that hasn't been true. 2010, 2011 and 2012 turned out pretty damn good. Certainly better than 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 (which would've likely been a Sweet 16 exit).

Reactions: Noahtogo24
Which they have promptely done two of the last 3...Laughing
giphy.gif

Disagree with this.

Kentucky should play IU, UNC and UL every year home and home. Ducking big OOC games has not made UK better in March since. Calipari started doing it. Should play as many headline games as possible every year.
IU was us, UNC was them, and UL is still on.

could take UL take,more of a backseat, when playing UK? Record is not good and UK and IU would be a bigger CBS game, especially now.
No one really cares about uofl-Uk outside of Kentucky. So sure. We already play a big boy schedule. Win-win for us.

I don’t care too much either way. It’ll continue at some point, hopefully it’ll be more competitive. Ive been to IU/UK games at Assembly Hall, Freedom Hall, and the RCA dome and all have their place. A 4 game round robin would be perfect. Just not sure how the yum center will take it or if it’d have to be somewhere else like New York or Chicago.

I don’t care too much either way. It’ll continue at some point, hopefully it’ll be more competitive. Ive been to IU/UK games at Assembly Hall, Freedom Hall, and the RCA dome and all have their place. A 4 game round robin would be perfect. Just not sure how the yum center will take it or if it’d have to be somewhere else like New York or Chicago.
Yum Center has in their UL contract. UK cannot play there during the OOC season unless it's against UL.

Reactions: IUBtown
Plus with this years NCAA being canceled I figure teams are going to want to schedule more home away games that don’t have to be bought. Will be interesting to see how that changes.

Some of you have no clue. Go to Camp Randall as an Iowa fan and you will really know what bad behavior is.

I was spit on by a 60 year old lady because I was going to slap some jackass in their tailgate.

And she cussed like a sailor.

Fights happen all the time in Madison. Like going to jail type assaults.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I don’t think any school is immune to having jackass fans, but u can’t label the entire fan base off their crazies.

ADVERTISEMENT