ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky at Michigan 4 Dec

Are they not going to play? If so, why?

Are they not going to play? If so, why?

It was suppose to be a 3 game series. London->Michigan->Kentucky. The first scheduled game was for last year in London but it was cancelled due to covid. This year the game was scheduled to be in Michigan but Cal didn't want to play there this year. Supposedly it will resume next year in London.

It was suppose to be a 3 game series. London->Michigan->Kentucky. The first scheduled game was for last year in London but it was cancelled due to covid. This year the game was scheduled to be in Michigan but Cal didn't want to play there this year. Supposedly it will resume next year in London.
Why are they not playing this year in Michigan?

It was literally just that Kentucky didn’t want to play it this year
Wow, that is unusual. Barnes plays a tough non conference schedule and he says it is worth a potential loss for the experience.

Its a weird situation, but its not like UK doesnt play a hard ooc schedule pretty much every season.

Cal does seem to hate ooc road games though, as that was the reason uk/iu no longer play annually iirc, cal wanted it always at a nuetral sight and IU brass wanted the students to be able to see it on campus.

I get that the nccaT is all neutral sites, but i dont understand why you wouldnt want to bring that atmosphere/energy/revenue to your city/campus instead of playing at a nuetral site early in the regular season. 🤷‍♂️

Its a weird situation, but its not like UK doesnt play a hard ooc schedule pretty much every season.

Cal does seem to hate ooc road games though, as that was the reason uk/iu no longer play annually iirc, cal wanted it always at a nuetral sight and IU brass wanted the students to be able to see it on campus.

I get that the nccaT is all neutral sites, but i dont understand why you wouldnt want to bring that atmosphere/energy/revenue to your city/campus instead of playing at a nuetral site early in the regular season. 🤷‍♂️
SEC/Big 12 releasing UK playing @ KU is what ultimately did in the away Michigan game.

SEC/Big 12 releasing UK playing @ KU is what ultimately did in the away Michigan game.
I know what u mean, but UK did in the away michigan game, having to play at kansas is just an excuse imo. No rule that says u cant play two top 5-10 teams on the road in one season. Uk could have easily played both but decided they didnt want to make the trip to ann arbor.

I dont really care either way, not even sure what drew me to this thread besides della putting her rick barnes spin on it like UK doesnt always play a difficult ooc schedule as well……in basketball at least 😉

From my understanding, we're still going to play Michigan 3 times, just not starting this year. London, then home and home.

Do you think the game would have been canceled had it been scheduled to be in rupp this year and @ michigan next year?

i dont, but obv have no clue.

I know what u mean, but UK did in the away michigan game, having to play at kansas is just an excuse imo. No rule that says u cant play two top 5-10 teams on the road in one season. Uk could have easily played both but decided they didnt want to make the trip to ann arbor.

I dont really care either way, not even sure what drew me to this thread besides della putting her rick barnes spin on it like UK doesnt always play a difficult ooc schedule as well……in basketball at least 😉
gifsme.php

When you are the greatest and winningest program in college basketball history, you've earned the right to control your schedule. Remember, it's a privilege, not a right for lesser programs (like Michigan) to play us.

Some of you seem to forget that. Consider this a reminder.

UK fans, how would you compare this UT dropping Army from their schedule ?

It's hard to say, because playing Tennessee does not carry the same prestige as playing Kentucky.

At least you have the added bonus of not have things thrown at you by their despicable fan base.

It's hard to say, because playing Tennessee does not carry the same prestige as playing Kentucky.

At least you have the added bonus of not have things thrown at you by their despicable fan base.
Yeah, we will just be content to beat up the opponents that rough y'all up. Y'all are kinda like an old singer that can't hit the high notes anymore. You need some help.

When you are the greatest and winningest program in college basketball history, you've earned the right to control your schedule. Remember, it's a privilege, not a right for lesser programs (like Michigan) to play us.

🤣🤣

There is zero doubt that this guy has “Cats Fan Since 19XX” on his professional resume

• Haha
Reactions: CUJO_1970

Uk football does it too. They have a good team this year but not long ago they quit playing western kentucky in football bc wku beat em twice.

UK hasnt played a ranked ooc opponent in football other than louisville since the 70s.

• Haha
Reactions: ExitFlagger
ADVERTISEMENT