ADVERTISEMENT

Joey Baker (Duke) Burns Redshirt

I think Baker has a higher ceiling than Alex O'Connell or Jack White. And he was one of our best 3-point shooters in practice. K knows we royally suck from 3. I don't think he burns his redshirt year just to play spot minutes. Hard to make your college debut on the road against Syracuse - and it's hard to get meaningful minutes when O'Connell was red-hot. He'll get more opportunities, no doubt.

FWIW, Jack White has missed 25 consecutive 3-pointers; I tend to think it's more of a loss of confidence than anything. White's shot seemed fine the frist two months of the season. I don't know if everyone noticed, but White didn't get into the game at all against Cuse. Seems like K is semi-deseperate and obviously has interest in finding more reliable 3-point shooters. Baker from all accounts, is very accurate from deep.
Admit it. K screwed Baker. Very selfish coach. All about himself and not what is best for the player.

So nothing. So you have no clue about the inner workings of a college hoops team. Thought so. Clown.

I see you get upset when one criticizes your beloved coach but you have no problem doing it to others. Get ready Phil because if Baker averages 1 minute per game hear on out you're going to hear about it.

Reactions: kl40504
So nothing. So you have no clue about the inner workings of a college hoops team. Thought so. Clown.

Wait, I thought you played college ball? Yet you just admitted you have no idea about the inner workings of a college hoops team. I know, you are confused now, right? Ask a friend.

As for Baker, UNC fans should applaud this move. Baker probably doesn't help this year and it chops off a year later on when he may actually be good. I like it tbh.

He initiated the conversation about playing this year. So...
You can't tell me he didn't have some indication from coach K that he wanted him to play. All K had to say I believe it would be best for you to keep your redshirt year. If you believe that I have a beautiful bridge to sell you in the Arizona desert.

I see you get upset when one criticizes your beloved coach but you have no problem doing it to others. Get ready Phil because if Baker averages 1 minute per game hear on out you're going to hear about it.
What coaches have I criticized? And so what. That is between Joey, his family and Duke. Maybe worry about Huffman, who hasn't sniffed the court and is on scholarship and already recruited over.

You can't tell me he didn't have some indication from coach K that he wanted him to play. If you believe that I have a beautiful bridge to sell you in the Arizona desert.
Make all the negative assumptions you want to fit your narrative. Doesn't mean they are true. Maybe he decided he doesn't want to stay 5 years and wants to finish in 3 or 4, so why use the redshirt. Maybe he said he felt he could help the team and maybe K agreed with the struggles Duke has had from the outside. No one knows except K and Joey and family.

How do you know what played out between K and Joey?
I don't and you don't. But if K was looking out for the player he would have said I believe it is best to not burn your redshirt this late in the year. K runs that team and nothing happens without his blessing.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Wait, I thought you played college ball? Yet you just admitted you have no idea about the inner workings of a college hoops team. I know, you are confused now, right? Ask a friend.
Absolutely did and exactly why I say what I say. Doesn't mean I or any of you know the inner workings of Duke or any P5 school. And none of us were privy to conversations.

Not sure this obsession with gotcha posting.

Admit it. K screwed Baker. Very selfish coach. All about himself and not what is best for the player.
Sorry, can you tell everyone how he screwed Baker and what is selfish about doing his job. Like Cal is some saint who always does what the kid and family want him to do regarding PT. You are a Fng idiot.

Sorry, can you tell everyone how he screwed Baker and what is selfish about doing his job. Like Cal is some saint who always does what the kid and family want him to do regarding PT. You are a Fng idiot.
Name one time at UK that Cal has burned a redshirt at the end of a season.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
What coaches have I criticized? And so what. That is between Joey, his family and Duke. Maybe worry about Huffman, who hasn't sniffed the court and is on scholarship and already recruited over.

You bag on Roy all the time but don't let your selected amnesia get in the way. Bottom line is if Baker continues to get 1 minute per game you're going to hear about it and if it hurts your feelings that'll be good to.

You bag on Roy all the time but don't let your selected amnesia get in the way. Bottom line is if Baker continues to get 1 minute per game you're going to hear about it and if it hurts your feelings that'll be good to.
I bag on Roy for being the biggest phony in all of college sports, which he is. And you can mention it all you want, has no effect on my life

Name one time at UK that Cal has burned a redshirt at the end of a season.
don't care, have no idea. Don't pay attention to everyday personnel moves by Cal. But does he do exactly what the kid and family want or what Cal thinks is best for Kentucky.

I bag on Roy for being the biggest phony in all of college sports, which he is. And you can mention it all you want, has no effect on my life

I criticize K and your feelings are hurt Phil, you gonna tell your mom on me? Laughing

don't care, have no idea. Don't pay attention to everyday personnel moves by Cal. But does he do exactly what the kid and family want or what Cal thinks is best for Kentucky.

Your last sentence can go the other way. Does K do that?

You can't tell me he didn't have some indication from coach K that he wanted him to play. All K had to say I believe it would be best for you to keep your redshirt year. If you believe that I have a beautiful bridge to sell you in the Arizona desert.

This guy has his story, and he is sticking to it, facts be damned! That selfish K! Only cares about himself and not the kids he coaches!!1!!ONE!

I just wish we had a "players first" coach.

You bag on Roy because he has come back to UNC and been awesome. That is really the extent of it no matter how you want to color it up.

Answering a question with a question, you're a swift one Filly.
I don't question K and how he runs his program. Do I disagree at times? Sure.

From what I have read, K is honest with kids and their families and doesn't guarantee PT or anything. You have to earn it. And with the players that return and the things they say about K and how they still talk to him and ask him for life advice, I say he is doing a pretty good job.

Now you AFAM U fans say a lot of stuff that isn't true and even seem to know what is said in private conversations between K, kid and family, but I have no idea and have never pretended to.

Answering a question with a question, you're a swift one Filly.
I don't question K and how he runs his program. Do I disagree at times? Sure.

From what I have read, K is honest with kids and their families and doesn't guarantee PT or anything. You have to earn it. And with the players that return and the things they say about K and how they still talk to him and ask him for life advice, I say he is doing a pretty good job.

Now you AFAM U fans say a lot of stuff that isn't true and even seem to know what is said in private conversations between K, kid and family, but I have no idea and have never pretended to.

You don’t see the hypocrisy here, do you?

Glad you finally recognize it.

picard-facepalm.jpg

He has said many times he does what is best for the player first. That is why he is known as a players coach.

ADVERTISEMENT