Joey Baker (Duke) Burns Redshirt

Hank_

Gold Member
Mar 31, 2017
In the third week of February.

Damn.

Screen-Shot-2018-10-31-at-3.41.23-PM.png

Reactions: kl40504
Duke without Zion is average at best. Might as well put someone in that can shoot, although he is only getting spot minutes and intentionally fouling before the half. Makes sense.

Has Bolden or White even played? Baker reclassified and then redshirted and now that redshirt is gone. K seems desperate.
Pretty much. White has been AIDS since the first Syracuse game but was getting starter minutes before. Dude is broken. Bolden I can't explain, like at all.

Reactions: Duke937
Not real sure about the foul on that three there. I don't think anyone was even close to touching him.

Reactions: brooky03
That should be a guaranteed flagrant if that one on Seventh was the other day.

If I admit Duke is the better team but the refs really don't want them to lose this game, am I being a homer?

Reactions: kl40504
If I admit Duke is the better team but the refs really don't want them to lose this game, am I being a homer?
Nope. Just a typical college basketball fan who somehow believes that the refs favor Duke. Except when provided facts that they don’t. Then you would be a UNC fan.

Reactions: Quavarius
Never seen a redshirt burned like this before and it doesn't even seem like it was worth it. Weird.

It's a game of buckets. Cuse can't get buckets.

I thought Duke was going to blow our doors off, so I'm happy it was a game for a while.

It's a game of buckets. Cuse can't get buckets.

I thought Duke was going to blow our doors off, so I'm happy it was a game for a while.

Yeah, that one little run was probably the difference. Not looking forward to your zone and length next game.

Yeah, that one little run was probably the difference. Not looking forward to your zone and length next game.

If UNC wins by less than 15 I'll be shocked. Cuse cannot keep up with Carolina at all.

Well you hit shots like crazy in the first half, less so in the 2nd half.

Looked like a basketball team in the first half. Looked like the bums we are in the second half.

Cuse is offensively inept and it's frustrating

Tyus Battle: 4-of-17 from the field and only 16 points after scoring 32 in the first game. The Tre Jones difference.

Reactions: sgrooms
So what if Baker used his redshirt?

If he is good enough to matter, he likely won’t be around four or five years.

If he isn’t, it won’t matter that he used it.

Kid was a top recruit, is smart, and can shoot. I’d keep him active this year for sure.

So what if Baker used his redshirt?

If he is good enough to matter, he likely won’t be around four or five years.

If he isn’t, it won’t matter that he used it.

Kid was a top recruit, is smart, and can shoot. I’d keep him active this year for sure.

Yeah, I mean, in the highly unlikely event that he should want the option to go to grad school for free, it would definitely be worth forgoing to play 5 minutes a game for 3 games in February while the best player on the team rests his knee.

YOLO

Yeah, I mean, in the highly unlikely event that he should want the option to go to grad school for free, it would definitely be worth forgoing to play 5 minutes a game for 3 games in February while the best player on the team rests his knee.

YOLO
So you are one who thinks K just did this huh?

So you are one who thinks K just did this huh?

I'm one that thinks that it was probably a short sighted decision.

I'd imagine K definitely asked him, and it's ultimately the kid's decision, so I'm not blaming anyone. But, that doesn't mean it was a good move. Duke is just kind of in a (minor) bind with Zion out and Jack White forgetting how to shoot a basketball.

I'd imagine K definitely asked him, and it's ultimately the kid's decision, so I'm not blaming anyone. But, that doesn't mean it was a good move. Duke is just kind of in a (minor) bind with Zion out and Jack White forgetting how to shoot a basketball.
Interesting. Not the story I read from Duke insiders, but go with what makes you feel better.

I have all ideas that the decision to play Baker has more to do with Jack White and very little to do with Zion.

It is far too early to say whether it was a good or bad decision. And it is pretty ridiculous to say it was a selfish move by Krzyzewski. (Not saying that you are saying that.)

Reactions: Hank_
Interesting. Not the story I read from Duke insiders, but go with what makes you feel better.

It doesn't affect me, either way. But I cant say it's shocking you didn't read my opinion on DI.

I have all ideas that the decision to play Baker has more to do with Jack White and very little to do with Zion.

It is far too early to say whether it was a good or bad decision. And it is pretty ridiculous to say it was a selfish move by Krzyzewski. (Not saying that you are saying that.)

For sure, I just threw in the Zion part because theres less need for an extra body if he's healthy and AOC plays like he did last night.

Seems like a desperate move and unnecessary when Duke isn’t in a place they need to make desperate moves. I think at best Coach K wants another scoring option and using Williamson on the bench as a chance to develop one.

Realistically it’s not impossible he contributes to this team, but it’s hard to believe he’d make any difference.

ADVERTISEMENT