ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Boheim….

I don’t think Syracuse will ever fire him, regardless of how bad it gets. As much as the fans get frustrated with him, he is not only that program, he is that city. Which is arguably a scale never reached by Coach K, Dean Smith, etc.

As someone who always roots for Syracuse to do well, it’s clearly time for him to step away, but I don’t think you’ll ever see him fired.

He is going the Bobby Knight route.

He is bitter and old. Time for him to move on.

This interaction from last night's game is puzzling. Keatts seems pretty serious - and Boeheim is cracking smiles, and so are the people behind him. Any idea on what the exchange was about?

Honestly, Cuse has done pretty well this year considering 3 of their top 6 scorers are freshmen. Girard and Edwards could both choose to be super seniors next year, which would make them a very formidable team.

Also, Boeheim is in his 47th season as the head coach. This guy is looking to hit 50 years. And I believe it will happen.

This interaction from last night's game is puzzling. Keatts seems pretty serious - and Boeheim is cracking smiles, and so are the people behind him. Any idea on what the exchange was about?

Honestly, Cuse has done pretty well this year considering 3 of their top 6 scorers are freshmen. Girard and Edwards could both choose to be super seniors next year, which would make them a very formidable team.

Also, Boeheim is in his 47th season as the head coach. This guy is looking to hit 50 years. And I believe it will happen.

Probably something having to do with an erotic homosexual encounter in some previously-agreed upon OfficeMax bathroom.

Also, maybe not though too.

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Keatts was complaining about a ref who has seemingly had it out for NC State all season (officiated 4 of their 7 losses). Bert something. He had two calls Keatts didn't agree with in this game. Boeheim essentially said something to the effect of, "yeah, tell me about it, we've been getting hosed by refs, too."

Sort of a 'preaching to the choir' moment.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Boeheim's recent comments about Pitt and Wake might force him out this season. The belief, or at least my belief, was the 2024 class was informed that Boeheim would be leaving after the 2023-2024 season. But now that he got a reprimand by the ACC for 'unsportsmanlike behavior' and the anti-Boeheim contingent of fans are growing louder, there's a better than good chance he's asked to step down at the end of this season.

Less than ideal.

Cuse needs a recruiter. He's shown even during this bad stretch that he still has the X's and O's nailed down. Cuse has just lacked the horses, which falls on him.

Last edited:
He is going the Bobby Knight route.

He is bitter and old. Time for him to move on.

He's probably no more bitter than he's always been. Definitely old, but he's been old for a while.

Has always hated the media. Now he has something else, NIL, to hate as well. Roy and K got out almost entirely because of NIL/the recruiting landscape. JB probably would have followed suit if he had teams playing up to his standard. After the last round of sanctions against Syracuse in 2015, he pretty much vowed to stick them out and get Syracuse back to the Syracuse we all knew. For various reasons, that hasn't and likely won't come to fruition. It's a shame because the sanctions really fell squarely on an inept Athletic Department rather than anything JB did or could have even been aware of. I think he earned a long(er) leash in part because the school/AD knew he was trying to dig them out of a mess they created.

It's sad to see it ending this way. I just don't know that there was any scenario wherein he would have left at the top of his game. He lives for this.

Yeah, think Keatts was whining like he always does and Boeheim was like, 'F off little guy, we have been getting shafted by the refs all year'.

I don’t think Syracuse will ever fire him, regardless of how bad it gets. As much as the fans get frustrated with him, he is not only that program, he is that city. Which is arguably a scale never reached by Coach K, Dean Smith, etc.

As someone who always roots for Syracuse to do well, it’s clearly time for him to step away, but I don’t think you’ll ever see him fired.
Who could root for that POS

Whining and senile comments to the media aside, he was a rampant cheater, and killed a dude with his car.

'Rampant cheater' is a bit strong. The violations in the 90's were on him. They involved players getting apparel at camps, car rides from a non-booster, meals at local restaurants, and a booster sent $50 to former players at Christmas time. "Minor" was the term used by the NCAA in their findings (regarding the payments). There wasn't an indication during the investigation that Boeheim knew of the violations when they occurred, and the NCAA didn't have "failure to monitor" rules at the time, but he should have been aware of some of the violations according to the NCAA report. The 2015 violations fell on the AD (evidenced by violations in football and basketball).

I mean, feel the way you want. When I think of cheating I usually think of coaches handing out or facilitating bags of money to get commitments from recruits. Neither round of violations found that to be something occurring at Syracuse. Fab Melo having a paper written for him was pretty much the worst of the violations in 2015.

He did kill a guy with his car. A guy standing on a 55 or 65mph highway at night. In other words, an accident. Sure, that's POS worthy if you yourself are a POS, I guess. Are you a POS?

Last edited:
Scheduled a ton of cupcakes annually pretty smug dude. Did some serious whining about missing NCAAT a time or two. Working with the media is part of his ridiculously high paying job and that's clear going into it so quit whining and just do it or keep whining and get disliked for how he handles media or do us all a favor and retire. He's just not a guy a lot of fans outside of Syracuse are gonna admire because he complains a lot. He acts like a victim. Very high opinion of himself and it shows.

Scheduled a ton of cupcakes annually pretty smug dude. Did some serious whining about missing NCAAT a time or two. Working with the media is part of his ridiculously high paying job and that's clear going into it so quit whining and just do it or keep whining and get disliked for how he handles media or do us all a favor and retire. He's just not a guy a lot of fans outside of Syracuse are gonna admire because he complains a lot. He acts like a victim. Very high opinion of himself and it shows.

I have no problem with this assessment. Calhoun comes to mind as a similar whiny, conceited dickhead type.

I think that's part of what made that rivalry fun.

I have no problem with this assessment. Calhoun comes to mind as a similar whiny, conceited dickhead type.

I think that's part of what made the rivalry fun.
Yeah Calhoun kind of took the media head on with the faux tough guy rage, Boeheim hits them in a more passive aggressive move. I understand how they got to who they are win big you're an idol to the fans etc. So any criticism or pushback they get is just too much for them to allow.

Most these guys are just disliked by outsiders though, not all. It's a tough needle to thread to combine success and some type of humility. Even Roy tried that aww shucks stuff and still got roasted.

We are America. We hate hate hate.

Reactions: brooky03
Yeah, he is smug and whiny and bitches about a conference full of teams that are better than his team. I dislike people who look down on others and that's my biggest beef with him. But, the cheating thing is dumb. Those infractions were silly things and the killed a guy thing is more a joke (assuming at least). That definitely wasn't his fault. Hard to deny he has been a great coach over the years. It's probably past time for him to retire though.

Most of these coaches are super arrogant though. He just doesn't play it off as well as most.

Yeah, he is smug and whiny and bitches about a conference full of teams that are better than his team. I dislike people who look down on others and that's my biggest beef with him. But, the cheating thing is dumb. Those infractions were silly things and the killed a guy thing is more a joke (assuming at least). That definitely wasn't his fault. Hard to deny he has been a great coach over the years. It's probably past time for him to retire though.

Most of these coaches are super arrogant though. He just doesn't play it off as well as most.

He's for sure arrogant. I think some level of arrogance is needed to be successful at this level. He doesn't hide it or even try to. I wish his ego didn't get bruised so easily.

I always fall back on the stories former players tell, to get a gauge of his character. Some recent transfers haven't been thrilled with him, so maybe he's not connecting with them or being more of a dick or something. But guys before this era of college hoops free agency, have a lot of good things to say about the way he treated them. Sort of a 'tough but fair' dude. Surprisingly compassionate, too. A common theme is that he always ultimately has his players' backs. Scoop Jardine telling a story about a blowup fight they had ending with Boeheim hugging him while he cried in his office comes to mind.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
He's for sure arrogant.
I will say I think some of that arrogance comes from being a Big East OG. He’s the last one left so he’s seen some sh!t, and being older tends to lend some indifference in things that seemed more important in a younger man’s life. I recognize it in myself these days.

ADVERTISEMENT