ADVERTISEMENT

Big East/super conference expansion......

EvilMonkeyInTheCloset

Feb 25, 2008
Your closet, most likely......
Would you be fine with this split/realignment for basketball?

Big East-
Connecticut
Pittsburgh
Syracuse
Boston College
Rutgers
Seton Hall
Villanova
Georgetown
St. John's
Providence

Big Central (name clearly pending.....)-
Xavier
Cincinnati
Butler
Louisville
Memphis
DePaul
Marquette
St. Louis
Creighton
Wichita State
(*potentially plus Notre Dame)

Would you be fine with this split/realignment for basketball?

Big East-
Connecticut
Pittsburgh
Syracuse
Boston College
Rutgers
Seton Hall
Villanova
Georgetown
St. John's
Providence

Xavier
Cincinnati
Butler
Louisville
Memphis
DePaul
Marquette
St. Louis
Creighton
Wichita State
(*potentially plus Notre Dame)

No. F*ck Sorrycuse, F*ck BC, Rutgers ( lmfao ) and a host of others on your list.

I'll give you a hint. My team won by almost 50 today.
And your women's team lost yesterday. Lol.

Now you have to disparage women playing sports as the default reply to deflect the insult I've thrown at a sports team of the school you root for................ ;)

Btw, I found that you were a UConn fan after some digging about 4 pages into your posting history.

You would've been better off not being a fan of any of these Big East teams.

Now you're gonna have to deal with being back in a conference with the following:

Pittsburgh
Syracuse
Boston College
Rutgers
Seton Hall
Villanova
Georgetown
St. John's
Providence

Crying about it is the default reaction of most fans of teams listed in my realignment threads, so you're par for the course on that as well, big dog. :)

Huggins Cinci

I actually got to see his team play against UNCC back when Kenyon was there. Even though they lost it was still a nasty team in person. It took an insane amount of threes from a little guard UNCC had to beat them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Random UK Fan
Is it because they're better than your team?

If his team is UConn, yes. But I can speak for Syracuse when I say we’re better than nobody else. Just UConn. They’re like our little bro who we noogie and Dutch oven.

Other teams seem to struggle with them, so they win championships, which is weird. We haven’t figured out why other schools don’t smack ‘em around, yet.

On a serious note, I’d like to get the Big East back just for the rivalries. It’s tough to care if we beat NC State or Clemson or Wake. It was a shame the Big East didn’t get serious about football sooner. Nobody was happy when it died.

If his team is UConn, yes. But I can speak for Syracuse when I say we’re better than nobody else. Just UConn. They’re like our little bro who we noogie and Dutch oven.

Other teams seem to struggle with them, so they win championships, which is weird. We haven’t figured out why other schools don’t smack ‘em around, yet.

On a serious note, I’d like to get the Big East back just for the rivalries. It’s tough to care if we beat NC State or Clemson or Wake. It was a shame the Big East didn’t get serious about football sooner. Nobody was happy when it died.

Hang those regular season banners little fella lmfao.

Memories of you guys giving us your best and it just not being good enough are forever.

Again, hang those regular season banners lol. In the end the only stat that matters is 5>1. You would think that coaching the same team for 6,000 years you would win two, but, here we are.

Reactions: hawkit3113
Edge Wwe Meme GIF

It basically was the death nail for regionality in CFB and ultimately sports in general. It just was a slow death from there up until this year when everyone jumps ship and the Pac 12 finally dies.

Like I said, CBB should do its own thing as well, and get back to regional conferences that make sense. F*** catering to the players. Do what makes sense for your athletic programs.......all of them.

Traveling from Provo, Utah to Orlando, Florida for a conference game doesn't make any f***ing sense..........

That's why I included a revamped Big East and split some of the teams up to include more of their natural regional Rivals.

That's what's gonna draw fans in year-in and year-out.

They're not just droning sheep that are gonna keep showing up for a conference game between Boston College and Georgia Tech, what with their long and illustrious history and all.........................

The Big East and Big Central (name pending) provides major fan-favorite rivalries pretty much in every contest, AND you get them all twice in the regular season.

absolute-win-hulk.gif

Big East-
Connecticut
Pittsburgh
Syracuse
Boston College
Rutgers
Seton Hall
Villanova
Georgetown
St. John's
Providence
*add West Virginia

Xavier
Cincinnati
Butler
Louisville
Memphis
DePaul
Marquette
St. Louis
Creighton
Wichita State
*add Notre Dame

In revisiting this thread, I've come to the conclusion that not only is this super conference the right move for all the teams above (again JUST FOR BASKETBALL), but you could also have a really cool opportunity for a crossover conference tournament:

Either have the 11 teams from each conference play in their separate conference's tournament and have the winners meet in the Finals, or pair them together and you could have for example, the 6th place Big East team against the 11th place Big Central team to kick off the tournament.

The tournaments could alternate each year between New York and Chicago.

Big East/Big Central Super Conference Tournament (example, based on current team standings):

Bracket A (Games to be played at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY)

(Wed, 3/13 - First Round)
BE #8 Rutgers vs BC #9 Saint Louis
- winner to play BC #1 Marquette

BC #6 Cincinnati vs BE #11 Georgetown
- winner to play BE #3 Pittsburgh

BE #7 Boston College vs BC #10 Wichita State
-winner to play BC #2 Creighton

(Thu, 3/14 - Quarterfinals)
BC #4 Xavier vs BE #5 Villanova

8/9 vs 1 Marquette

6/11 vs 3 Pittsburgh

7/10 vs 2 Creighton

(Fri, 3/15 - Semifinals)
4/5 winner vs 8/9/1 winner

6/11/3 winner vs 7/10/2 winner

(Sat, 3/16- Bracket Finals)
----------------------------
Bracket B (Games to be played at Madison Square Garden in New York City)

(Wed, 3/13 - First Round)
BC #8 Louisville vs BE #9 St. John's
-winner to play BE #1 Connecticut

BE #6 Syracuse vs BC #11 DePaul
-winner to play BC #3 Memphis

BC #7 Notre Dame vs BE #10 West Virginia
-winner to play BE #2 Seton Hall

(Thu, 3/14 - Quarterfinals)
BE #4 Providence vs BC #5 Butler

8/9 vs 1 Connecticut

6/11 vs 3 Memphis

7/10 vs 2 Seton Hall

(Fri, 3/15 - Semifinals)
4/5 winner vs 8/9/1 winner

6/11/3 winner vs 7/10/2 winner

(Sat, 3/16 - Bracket Finals)
-----------------------------
(Sun, 3/17 - Super Tournament Championship, at Madison Square Garden*)

Bracket A winner vs Bracket B winner

*champ location will alternate each year depending on city, for example:
2024- NYC, (MSG)
2025- Chicago, (United Center)
2026- Brooklyn, (Barclays Center)
2027- Chicago, (United Center)
2028- NYC
2029- Chicago
2030- Brooklyn
Etc etc

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT