ADVERTISEMENT

Is this Evansville loss worse than losing as a 1 seed to a 16 seed?

Monorojo

Nov 1, 2009
Long Beach, CA
Team
Ohio State
I think it might be.

This might be the most humiliating loss not only in the history of college basketball, but in the history of sport.

Like all sports. From the beginning of time.

Evansville is a bottom tier team in a mid major conference.

Kentucky was an unbeatable juggernaut.

Am I right here or am I right?

Reactions: anon_65nwv98c2idwc
I think it might be.

This might be the most humiliating loss not only in the history of college basketball, but in the history of sport.

Like all sports. From the beginning of time.

Evansville is a bottom tier team in a mid major conference.

Kentucky was an unbeatable juggernaut.

Am I right here or am I right?
Hmmm....a November game or a March Madness game. Tough one. o_O

So many jokes to be made at UK's expense and you choose to start a thread with this.

You're making me feel better.

Evansville might finish with 8 wins all year. If you lose to a 16 seed, at least you lost to a conference champion.

Not a 8 win team. I think losing to a team that won’t even make the round of 68 as a #1 seed is worse.

This is possibly the worst loss in the history in all of sports. That’s not even hyperbole. It’s true.

tenor.gif

I’m telling you I think losing to a team that won’t even make the tournament is worse than losing to a conference champ.

Especially with such a pompous, our poop don’t stink fan base like Kentucky.

This is just incredible.

Reactions: Hawgaluiah
I’m telling you I think losing to a team that won’t even make the tournament is worse than losing to a conference champ.

This is just incredible.

If they win the championship nobody will remember this game. Go to bed before you hurt yourself.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

This is just incredible.
I understand what you are trying to say but it’s wrong. Stuff like this happens in November, to teams that go on and are still very successful.

Losing as a 1 seed to a 16 seed ends your season and is in March, when you should have it figured out. You getting a 1 seed represents you being an elite team, throughout the whole season. Also, it’s usually the conference tournament champion, so a 16 seed most of the time are teams that didn’t win their conference outright but instead just had a good tournament.

Reactions: KyFaninNC

This is just incredible.
Thanks for helping me immediately get over this loss. I had a good laugh.

Especially knowing we play OSU in a few weeks.

Reactions: blue_in_chicago
If they win the championship nobody will remember this game. Go to bed before you hurt yourself.

If they win the title?

Tall order child.

Let’s live in the present. The #1 team in the country just lost to a inevitable 8-18 Evansville. A bottom tier team even amongst mid major teams.

If they win the title?

Tall order child.

Let’s live in the present. The #1 team in the country just lost to a inevitable 8-18 Evansville. A bottom tier team even amongst mid major teams.
Losing to a 16 seed is season ending. UK could still end up with a 1 seed. It’s a horrible loss no doubt but it’s a game in early November.

If they win the title?

Tall order child.

Just to humor you. Would you take this loss or every single NCAAT loss OSU has suffered since 1960?

I understand what you are trying to say but it’s wrong. Stuff like this happens in November, to teams that go on and are still very successful.

Losing as a 1 seed to a 16 seed ends your season and is in March, when you should have it figured out. You getting a 1 seed represents you being an elite team, throughout the whole season. Also, it’s usually the conference tournament champion, so a 16 seed most of the time are teams that didn’t win their conference outright but instead just had a good tournament.

Most 1-seeds don’t lose a top 4 draft pick right before the tourney either. Not saying we should have lost regardless but look what we did the following year when fully healthy.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I understand why you made this post but on a serious note if you really have to ask this question you don’t know college basketball at all.

Most 1-seeds don’t lose a top 4 draft pick right before the tourney either. Not saying we should have lost regardless but look what we did the following year when fully healthy.
Do you agree with him?

Also, Hunter was a top 4 pick after the next year. He wasn’t a top 4 pick kind of player the game you lost him for, although it definitely was impactful.

The loss was funny, because a lot of these poosaycat fans on this board were ready to crown UK champs after beating a State team missing a crucial starter in Langford.

However, this is a really dumb thread.

ADVERTISEMENT