ADVERTISEMENT

Is this Evansville loss worse than losing as a 1 seed to a 16 seed?

Didn’t even know about Chaminade.

This is much worse than UMBC? Really? Not only did you pull off something that had never been done, but you managed to make the 16 look like the 1. I wonder how many people glanced at the score and thought it were the opposite result.Laughing

At least UMBC is a D1 school. Chaminade is and I'm pretty sure I remember it being at the time a D2 school.

What’s everyone think of my new Latina girlfriend? She’s okay, right? I mean, obviously I don’t care what anybody on the net thinks. Just wondering.
13004b02f9c79ae63874faf89d733602.gif
Damn dude. She is banging!

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Bc if the professionals in Vegas deem uk to be the betting favorite, anyone would be stupid to bet on the underdog unless they were either getting the points or a + money line.

Guess avatar bets aren’t worth money Though.

No, they aren’t. Vegas doesn’t have lines on avatar bets.

So again, if MonoRojo wants to do an avatar bet and think Ohio State is better than Kentucky then why does he need points?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
What’s everyone think of my new Latina girlfriend? She’s okay, right? I mean, obviously I don’t care what anybody on the net thinks. Just wondering.
13004b02f9c79ae63874faf89d733602.gif
Congratulations. I figured you were more of a guy on guy kind of man.

Bc if the professionals in Vegas deem uk to be the betting favorite, anyone would be stupid to bet on the underdog unless they were either getting the points or a + money line.

Guess avatar bets aren’t worth money Though.
nvm @uncfan in ky fake wife nonsense. OSU could very well be the favorites. Even still, It's easiest to bet straight up. Win or don't.

...and why are you in this?You want a year long avatar bet between OSU and UK?

nvm @uncfan in ky fake wife nonsense. OSU could very well be the favorites. Even still, It's easiest to bet straight up. Win or don't.

...and why are you in this?You want a year long avatar bet between OSU and UK?

I wasn’t trying to talk shit. I dunno why u want an avatar bet so damn bad, find a bookie, it’s a helluva lot more fun winning money than getting to pick someone you dont evens knows tiny picture on a message board.

And I don’t care what anybody on here does, but the gambler in me knows taking an underdog straight up is just downright stupid. And ur right jail Vegas doesn’t have lines for avatar bets, they have lines for BETS whether it’s, 10$, 10k, a stick of gum, or yes even an avatar.

Truth on the part that the spread might not be as big as first anticipated after how well Ohio state looked the other night.

I wasn’t trying to talk shit. I dunno why u want an avatar bet so damn bad, find a bookie, it’s a helluva lot more fun winning money than getting to pick someone you dont evens knows tiny picture on a message board.

And I don’t care what anybody on here does, but the gambler in me knows taking an underdog straight up is just downright stupid. And ur right jail Vegas doesn’t have lines for avatar bets, they have lines for BETS whether it’s, 10$, 10k, a stick of gum, or yes even an avatar.

Truth on the part that the spread might not be as big as first anticipated after how well Ohio state looked the other night.
An avatar bet is a way to make someone, who talks shit on here, wear an albatross. It's pretty simple. Talk shit, be branded. I thought everyone understood the concept.

Again, OSU should be favored. Would he give me points? Don't want them. Just a straight up bet, but this is all for naught. He's a snowflake. Anyone who talks shit, and has zero conviction, is just a snowflake.

It's really simple.

Last edited:
Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
An avatar bet is a way to make someone, who talks shit on here, wear an albatross. It's pretty simple. Talk shit, be branded. I thought everyone understood the concept.

Again, OSU should be favored. Would he give me points? Don't want them. Just a straight up bet, but this is all for naught. He's a snowflake. Anyone who talks shit, and has zero conviction, is just a snowflake.

It's really simple.

I mean I get it, kinda. I’m too lazy/stupid to even make an avatar so maybe that’s why these avatar bets seem so childish to me. That’s and the fact I might have a gambling problem. If I’m gonna bet on something there’s gonna be cash on it. Not a tiny picture beside my name. But each to their own, I really didn’t even mean to get into this, just wanted to make my point that betting an underdog without the spread or a +ML is dumb as hell, but like I said do what u want, doesn’t look like he’s gonna take the bait anyways.

And no I don’t want an avatar bet bc that would require me to learn how to make an avatar.

I mean I get it, kinda. I’m too lazy/stupid to even make an avatar so maybe that’s why these avatar bets seem so childish to me. That’s and the fact I might have a gambling problem. If I’m gonna bet on something there’s gonna be cash on it. Not a tiny picture beside my name. But each to their own, I really didn’t even mean to get into this, just wanted to make my point that betting an underdog without the spread or a +ML is dumb as hell, but like I said do what u want, doesn’t look like he’s gonna take the bait anyways.

And no I don’t want an avatar bet bc that would require me to learn how to make an avatar.
So....you have no interest in avatar bets or other ppl's avatar bets?

hmmm...gotcha.

giphy.gif

*money is easy. tagging someone on a message board for a length of time is priceless.

Last edited:
I'm surprised people weren't aware of the Virginia-Chaminade game. It's still probably considered the biggest upset in CBB history. I mean it's even in the running for biggest upset in sports history.

The result of the game initially was not widely reported in the U.S. media, as it concluded after 3:00 in the morning on the East Coast.[4] The only sportswriter at the contest who was not based in Hawaii was Michael Wilbon, who had been dispatched by the Post to cover the Aloha Bowl, which featured the University of Maryland; he decided to make a side trip to the Virginia–Chaminade game.[10] In addition, the matchup was not televised.[11] As it drew to a close, Chris Berman and Tom Mees were about to conclude a telecast of SportsCenter on ESPN. The anchors received the initial report of the final score from a wire machine, then reacted in disbelief. Shortly afterward, a second bulletin confirming the result was given to them. According to Berman, the viewing audience was then informed: "We can't tell you what happened, but the No. 1 team in college basketball has lost to—we don't even know who they are."[12]

Sports Illustrated and the Los Angeles Times later identified the game as the greatest upset in the history of college basketball.[2][3] Author Chuck Klosterman went further, calling the Silverswords' win "the biggest upset in collegiate sports history".[13] Chaminade gained increased prominence after the game, which caused the school to cancel a plan to change its name to the University of Honolulu.[1] The Silverswords finished the 1982–83 season with a record of 33–2.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
It's pretty incredible that Chaminade is able to occasionally beat D1 major teams. Look at their conference. These are the types of schools that they are normally playing. You would think that a typical OOC December home game for somebody like Kentucky vs. Chaminade would result in a 125-48 type victory.

Academy of Art University San Francisco, California 1929 16,000 Urban Knights 2009
Azusa Pacific University Azusa, California 1899 8,539 Cougars 2012
Biola University La Mirada, California 1908 5,942 Eagles 2017
Chaminade University of Honolulu Honolulu, Hawai'i 1955 2,836 Silverswords 1992
Concordia University–Irvine Irvine, California 1976 2,564 Eagles 2015
Dominican University of California San Rafael, California 1890 2,125 Penguins 2009
Fresno Pacific University Fresno, California 1944 3,700 Sunbirds 2012
Hawai'i Pacific University Honolulu, Hawai'i 1965 9,000 Sharks 1992
University of Hawai'i at Hilo Hilo, Hawai'i 1947 3,600 Vulcans 1992
Holy Names University Oakland, California 1868 1,331 Hawks 2012
Notre Dame de Namur University Belmont, California 1851 1,967 Argonauts 2005
Point Loma Nazarene University San Diego, California 1902 3,487 Sea Lions 2012

I think it might be.

This might be the most humiliating loss not only in the history of college basketball, but in the history of sport.

Like all sports. From the beginning of time.

Evansville is a bottom tier team in a mid major conference.

Kentucky was an unbeatable juggernaut.

Am I right here or am I right?
I'm sure people will remember that Evansville beat Kentucky in the regular season 5 years from now.

Reactions: Monorojo
ADVERTISEMENT