ADVERTISEMENT

Is this Evansville loss worse than losing as a 1 seed to a 16 seed?

Most 1-seeds don’t lose a top 4 draft pick right before the tourney either. Not saying we should have lost regardless but look what we did the following year when fully healthy.

To think I was embarrassed to have used Embiid’s injury as an excuse for losing to a power 5 team in the 2nd round....

I think it might be.

This might be the most humiliating loss not only in the history of college basketball, but in the history of sport.

Like all sports. From the beginning of time.

Evansville is a bottom tier team in a mid major conference.

Kentucky was an unbeatable juggernaut.

Am I right here or am I right?

No way. UMBC is an all time legend. It’s November and 18 year olds are unpredictable.

To think I was embarrassed to have used Embiid’s injury as an excuse for losing to a power 5 team in the 2nd round....

Not using it as an excuse. Fully embrace the loss. In fact, it doesn't even bother me now that we won it all. Others can laugh at me about it all they want. Hell, I took it pretty well even before we won it all.

LOL no. High ranked teams lose to teams they shouldn't all the time. How many 1 seeds have lost to a 16 seed?

Not using it as an excuse. Fully embrace the loss. In fact, it doesn't even bother me now that we won it all. Others can laugh at me about it all they want. Hell, I took it pretty well even before we won it all.
You really were a good sport both times. Showed up after the loss, and didn't gloat too much after winning. It's like you been there before on both occasions.

I think it might be.

This might be the most humiliating loss not only in the history of college basketball, but in the history of sport.

Like all sports. From the beginning of time.

Evansville is a bottom tier team in a mid major conference.

Kentucky was an unbeatable juggernaut.

Am I right here or am I right?
Truthfully, I, like any rational person knew that UK is not #1 ranking worthy. Too young a team, not sure what the voters even have to justify such a lofty ranking except for YouTube player videos from high school.

I really can't point to a clear favorite this year. The top ranking at this time of year is meaningless. I stated this immediately after we beat MSU the other night. It didn't make MSU bad, nor UK good. It comes down to who can play less sloppy the second half. I'm unaffected by the loss. It's a long season, and nobody ends the season even similar to how they start it.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Hmmm....a November game or a March Madness game. Tough one. o_O

So many jokes to be made at UK's expense and you choose to start a thread with this.

You're making me feel better.

It's a tough loss for UK and a big upset early on this season. That said, it's a November basketball game that has little to do with what happens in late February & early March. UK has to regroup and focus on the next practice and next game. Don't get me wrong, it's an ugly loss and I think most UK fans think the same, but there's nothing season defining here.

You really were a good sport both times. Showed up after the loss, and didn't gloat too much after winning. It's like you been there before on both occasions.

Thanks man. If I'm being honest, the UMBC loss was like 13 days after my dad died. Was kinda easy to put things into perspective. I'll get my gloating in about the championship but it was just a joyful experience. I don't believe in supernatural shit but the way we won made me think my Dad was pulling some strings.

Thanks man. If I'm being honest, the UMBC loss was like 13 days after my dad died. Was kinda easy to put things into perspective. I'll get my gloating in about the championship but it was just a joyful experience. I don't believe in supernatural shit but the way we won made me think my Dad was pulling some strings.

First, I'm terribly sorry for your loss.

Second,

giphy.gif

Reactions: jhmossy
Many 1 seeds have lost to 16 seeds or worse. Just not during the NCAA tournament.

Exactly. NCAAT games are far more meaningful than games on November 12th.

If Kentucky goes on a deep NCAAT run, nobody will remember this loss except Evansville fans and Louisville fans. If our season falls apart, this will just be the first loss of many. An NCAAT upset? Everyone will remember that forever.

I like Kentucky. I hope they can recover from this loss.

If they go undefeated from here on out tho, this loss should prevent them from having a one seed.

Not going to pile on because it’s way early in the season but had this been the lost that ended UK’s season it’ll be game on. I did go to RR to see how those clowns were taking it and they didn’t disappoint. There are quite a few posters there that need to take a step back and that’s being nice.

Not going to pile on because it’s way early in the season but had this been the lost that ended UK’s season it’ll be game on. I did go to RR to see how those clowns were taking it and they didn’t disappoint. There are quite a few posters there that need to take a step back and that’s being nice.
...or maybe a step forward off the ledge?

I love it. Kentucky fans kept bringing up Michigan losing a scrimmage to Mega Bemax on a Spain trip last year as if it meant anything. I’d take a scrimmage loss to Mega Bemax over a regular season loss to Evansville 100 times out of 100.

Reactions: Monorojo
Nah this won’t even be close. In 3-5 years no one will remember this game unless you are diehard UK fans or haters. But everyone interested in college basketball will remember that UMBC game for life. Also the next generation of college basketball fans will not hear about this Evansville game, but all will be told the same legend of 16 over 1 upset.

I like Kentucky. I hope they can recover from this loss.

If they go undefeated from here on out tho, this loss should prevent them from having a one seed.

I thought you was cool.
Well i like Michigan football.

And uofk will easily get a # 1 seed.
They play in the SEC.

Reactions: Monorojo
I thought you was cool.
Well i like Michigan football.

And uofk will easily get a # 1 seed.
They play in the SEC.
Everyone knows Michigan will be OSU's bitch again. ....and then OSU will choke.

Not to bring a football topic to a basketball school, I couldn't care less about the OSU vs UK game until now.

I'll avatar bet the OP one year on both boards on what happens in Vegas. We all know he's too big of a puss to accept.

@Monorojo what's up. Are you a c#nt, or do you have balls? Here's a chance for you to decide.

edit to put # in ****.

NO WAY this dildo accepts this bet.

There you go OP, you want to talk shit or do you want to hide behind Evansville?

zero point zero you actually have balls to be castrated, My balls are on the table.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT