ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana v Kansas

Why were Indiana fans booing at the end?
Meh, probably upset with some tough calls....Is what it is. Foul trouble hurt IU today. That and two really bad possessions when they were up 10: Mgbako a bad shot, and Wlaker an even worse shot. KU comes down, cuts the lead to 5, and its game on---Score on one or both, and now theres a lot more pressure.

Seemed Self wanted to key on Malik, and KU did a very nice job defending him; although he did miss a few easy ones.

Ware has the softest hands ever.

A call, or lack of no call, at the end, was really the only call that really bothered me. KU misses FT, and the ball goes off Ware. Which, it dd. Did it hit the line? I dunno----close. But what led to that I had a problem with. Ware has inside position, and HD reaches through Ware. There is contact, and it knocks Ware off his spot. IMO, that had to be a foul, OR, you just holf your whistle on a very close OOB call. That play gets my ass at this level. Let the play process...have a paitient whistle there. Had HD gone above Ware---I have no issue. But he reached over him, through his space, i.e. cylinder. There is contact, it displaces Ware from his spot, he fumbles the ball....So on and so on. Huge no call.

All in all, that game was hard to call. Physical. KU got some calls....IU got some. But at the end of the day, just to many turnovers for IU(16) and missed freebies----plus the two possessions I mentioned above.

Tough loss. Lead for 35 minutes---and squander it at the end. But even in a loss, I like the IU I saw today.

Congrats on a gutty win...

Meh, probably upset with some tough calls....Is what it is. Foul trouble hurt IU today. That and two really bad possessions when they were up 10: Mgbako a bad shot, and Wlaker an even worse shot. KU comes down, cuts the lead to 5, and its game on---Score on one or both, and now theres a lot more pressure.

Seemed Self wanted to key on Malik, and KU did a very nice job defending him; although he did miss a few easy ones.

A call, or lack of no call, at the end, was really the only call that really bothered me. KU misses FT, and the ball goes off Ware. Which, it dd. Did it hit the line? I dunno----close. But what led to that I had a problem with. Ware has inside position, and HD reaches through Ware. There is contact, and it knocks Ware off his spot. IMO, that had to be a foul, OR, you just holf your whistle on a very close OOB call. That play gets my ass at this level. Let the play process...have a paitient whistle there. Had HD gone above Ware---I have no issue. But he reached over him, through his space, i.e. cylinder. There is contact, it displaces Ware from his spot, he fumbles the ball....So on and so on. Huge no call.

All in all, that game was hard to call. Physical. KU got some calls....IU got some. But at the end of the day, just to many turnovers for IU(16) and missed freebies----plus the two possessions I mentioned above.

Tough loss. Lead for 35 minutes---and squander it at the end. But even in a loss, I like the IU I saw today.

I didn't think the ball hit the line initially. On replay it looked closer, but still not sure.

I think people have sold Indiana short. There are definitely talented pieces on the roster. Reneau is tough to guard. Mgbako’s starting to turn it on and has a ton of potential. Ware’s a good talent. But Galloway….wtf was that? Dude looked like Kirk Hinrich on roids today. Has he ever had a game like that before?

Granted, KU’s defense wasn’t great at times. Definitely not McCullar’s strongest effort, but a lot of that was because he was in foul trouble the whole game.

Reactions: KisteK
I think people have sold Indiana short. There are definitely talented pieces on the roster. Reneau is tough to guard. Mgbako’s starting to turn it on and has a ton of potential. Ware’s a good talent. But Galloway….wtf was that? Dude looked like Kirk Hinrich on roids today. Has he ever had a game like that before?

Granted, KU’s defense wasn’t great at times. Definitely not McCullar’s strongest effort, but a lot of that was because he was in foul trouble the whole game.
E_l4TOLWYAAWQIY.jpg

Galloways career high prior to today was 20. He was aggressive today, and didn't settle for jump shots. Which is exactly how the kid should play; hes hard to handle off the bounce---not crazy athletic, but can be very crafty---and he's strong as ****. Never thought I'd say---"KU couldn't guard him off the dribble". IU just needs a consistent Galloway.

FOul trouble really hurt IU, today. Lack of depth reared its head. The real hurt was Mgbako. KU just had no answer for him(today). When IU went with PNR, Galo/Ware, and used Mgbako as a trailer---Kansas could not defend that---IU either got a layup, a short jumoer, or was fouled---Just no answer for that set. So when he went out with four...…….Man that was tough.

Disappointing loss for sure. If IU takes better care of the ball, they probably win. But like I said, liked what they showed today. YOu dudes are really good....I know it was at home, but still. This game worried the shit out me---As in getting blown the fuk out on our own floor.

I didn't think the ball hit the line initially. On replay it looked closer, but still not sure.
It was hard to tell. Didn't show the best of angles. Again my thing there, as an official---the contact by HD was illegal, caused Ware to lose the ball. You either call the foul, or play on. No way IU should lose the ball there.

The ref had a better angle on the baseline ball call than either camera angle (they were inconclusive) so I assume it touched the line.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
It was hard to tell. Didn't show the best of angles. Again my thing there, as an official---the contact by HD was illegal, caused Ware to lose the ball. You either call the foul, or play on. No way IU should lose the ball there.
I do agree there. Should have been a foul but oh well...they generally let them play today.

Just saw where KU scored on 14 of their last 18 possessions. Absolutely owned the last 5 minutes.

I like that Woodson doesn’t bitch about every call or throw tantrums.

ADVERTISEMENT