ADVERTISEMENT

If we're being honest. It's Michigan and Gonzaga.... then everyone else.

Metrics (rightfully so) sometimes count a close loss worth more than a bad win, otherwise teams would be way too rewarded for scheduling cupcakes.

Overtime 1 point road loss to Gonzaga vs 1 point home win over Troy. Which is more impressive?

I get your point and your not wrong but I’d rather win than lose regardless, point blank, period, regardless of opponent.

Unfortunatey the 18 pt loss@ minn doesn’t really apply to your logic though. Would u rather have the 18 pt road loss to Minnesota or the 5 pt home win vs iowa state? That’s much easier than your hypothetical question.

I get your point and your not wrong but I’d rather win than lose regardless, point blank, period, regardless of opponent.

Unfortunatey the 18 pt loss@ minn doesn’t really apply to your logic though. Would u rather have the 18 pt road loss to Minnesota or the 5 pt home win vs iowa state? That’s much easier than your hypothetical question.

I wasn’t talking about those two games in my reply. But the point is a lot more goes into judging how good a team is than win vs loss.

Minnesota is 13-2 at home. No, they aren’t a good team but they’ve beaten Iowa, Ohio State, and Iowa (all top 10 teams) at home.
And Michigan was playing without a starter.

I don’t think our road loss to Minnesota was any worse of a performance than our home win came Oakland. We looked like shit both games. Of course for resume the win is a better game for us but when trying to determine how good a team is then other stuff needs to be considered.

Nice to see that Kenpom, NET and Torvik have finally figured out what I've known for a while.

Baylor is still one of the 3 best teams. Kansas is actually improving and pretty good (but flawed). We are getting back to the point where we are one of the better teams but not quite in that top tier. We still haven’t shot the ball well but our defense and rebounding has been incredible. It is all effort for this team with the little things.

Michigan has a hell of a team this year.

What would the board consider to be their weakness?

Maybe guards a little undersized could get exploited there.

If we're being honest, it's Gonzaga and Baylor.... then a HUGE gap, then everyone else.
giphy.gif

We will! I'm not saying Michigan will win it all, but you're obviously not willing to admit how dumb your HUGE gap statement was. Sad.
For all I know the Big 10 could be way overrated, just like the ACC was in 2017 when 8 of the 9 teams got bounced in the first 2 rounds.

I must have missed when you admitted you might be wrong. When was this?
You're the other fool itt who is willing to hang on Baylor's nuts and pray. Lol

Baylor returned basically everyone from a team that was arguably the 2nd best in the country last year, is undefeated this year with incredible numbers, and has a much higher Kenpom rating than Michigan.

This adds up to Michigan not only being better than Baylor, but significantly better. RollLaugh

Hockey puck.

For all I know the Big 10 could be way overrated, just like the ACC was in 2017 when 8 of the 9 teams got bounced in the first 2 rounds.
Lol. I even gave you an out and you wouldn't even take it. Again.... Sad.

Did I miss something? Has Michigan somehow proven to the world that they’re vastly superior to Baylor?
Michigan is closer to Zaga in Kenpom now than Baylor is to Michigan. Now go back and read all the dumb shit you said itt. Better yet, you should probably just delete it. Laughing

Michigan is closer to Zaga in Kenpom now than Baylor is to Michigan. Now go back and read all the dumb shit you said itt. Better yet, you should probably just delete it. Laughing

Wait....it’s dumb to argue that Michigan isn’t on another level than Baylor?

And did the season just begin? What about the first 15 weeks of Kenpom data?

Wait....it’s dumb to argue that Michigan isn’t on another level than Baylor?

And did the season just begin? What about the first 15 weeks of Kenpom data?
Wait......Aren't you the guy who doesn't put any credence to ranking that WERE to make your points, instead only refers to the rankings that ARE?

i.e. You say Michigan lost to Minnesota who is 13-12, instead of the team that was 11-4 and #23 ranked when they lost to them. Laughing

Wait......Aren't you the guy who doesn't put any credence to ranking that WERE to make your points, instead only refers to the rankings that ARE?

i.e. You say Michigan lost to Minnesota who is 13-12, instead of the team that was 11-4 and #23 ranked when they lost to them. Laughing

Yeah...I prioritize current rankings over early season rankings that had teams like Minnesota, Kentucky, Duke and Michigan St ranked highly. Strange logic, I know. Has nothing to do with the point though.

But hey....it only took 15 weeks for the infallible Kenpom to finally, sort of, almost back up your claim. Laughing

12 points at the 7 min mark and 29% shooting. Definitely #1 stuff here.

But don’t worry...you’re in the Big 10. You’re only down 7:

Watching this after Baylor/WV is making my eyes bleed.

Who’s going to UMBC Michigan this year?

He didn't even start posting regularly on this board until Michigan started climbing the rankings. Imagine that. I guess when you aren't a football school anymore you gotta jump on that basketball bandwagon.

Who’s Santa Clara? Look at these teams in Gonzaga’s conference!

I mean...can’t they at least show enough courtesy to pretend not to be bandwagoners?

Reactions: Villian07
He didn't even start posting regularly on this board until Michigan started climbing the rankings. Imagine that. I guess when you aren't a football school anymore you gotta jump on that basketball bandwagon.
....and look at the permanent space I now occupy in your head. Lol

Why are you proud of that? We all come here and post because we love discussing college BBall. You just got here and started acting like an ass right away. So ya, we don’t like you.
The Irish play basketball?

ADVERTISEMENT