ADVERTISEMENT

If we're being honest. It's Michigan and Gonzaga.... then everyone else.

Gonzaga and Baylor. I agree with others, the gap is pretty big.

The question then becomes, who is their biggest challenger? Idk. I think there's 5-6 teams that are reasonably close. I want to say Wisconsin. Their defense, shooting ability, and tempo can be tough to handle. There's probably a legitimate argument to be made for Michigan, Villanova, and Texas.

Reactions: Rp10va10
Michigan and Tennessee are basketball schools now and Kentucky opened up the season 1-6.

Burn in hell 2020!!

Reactions: Scotty00
Michigan and Tennessee are basketball schools now and Kentucky opened up the season 1-6.

Burn in hell 2020!!

well there’s really 5-6 schools that can consider themselves football schools (OSU, Alabama, Clemson, UGA, Oklahoma and LSU). Nobody else ever makes the playoffs and the scale is so far tipped as far as talent goes, other schools will have a hard time catching up.

Reactions: bama100
No one, but great comparison there.

The comparison is that Michigan fans are excited because we pass the eye test and the metrics love us.

A Kansas fan literally made a thread about crowning Kansas the 2020 national champ because of the metrics.

At least be consistent and call us both out.

The comparison is that Michigan fans are excited because we pass the eye test and the metrics love us.

A Kansas fan literally made a thread about crowning Kansas the 2020 national champ because of the metrics.

At least be consistent and call us both out.

I'm pretty sure the thread was about an AP #1 banner. But it's an absurd comparison regardless.

#1 after a full season vs winning 10 games and beating Minnesota and Northwestern? You're not even near Gonzaga or Baylor in Kenpom efficiency ratings. Wonderful comparison.

I said I wouldn't mind some sort of recognition, like an AP #1 banner, given the unprecedented circumstances. Little different than a championship trophy.

No Michigan fan said we wanted or should get a trophy.

You support hanging a banner for being the #1 ranked team but troll Michigan for being excited about being a top 4 to 7 team depending on which metric you use.

Is the OP being factitious? Of course. That doesn’t mean what we’ve done so far should be downplayed.

Reactions: RichardMassive
I'm pretty sure the thread was about an AP #1 banner. But it's an absurd comparison regardless.

#1 after a full season vs winning 10 games and beating Minnesota and Northwestern? You're not even near Gonzaga or Baylor in Kenpom efficiency ratings. Wonderful comparison.

I wouldn’t put us on their level. That was never my point.

My point is there’s need to act like beating Minnesota and Northwestern (both ranked by that AP poll you wanna hang a banner for) by a combined 44 points is child’s play.

This was my post.

Northwestern and Minnesota were both ranked by the AP. We we go by 33 last night when we cleared the bunch.

The question becomes are they pretenders or is Michigan really good.

The issue with both is that they haven't put together much to say they are contenders

Minnesota beat Iowa ...
If Iowa ends up winning the B1G it is a bad look for your conference IMO.

But Mccormack should have gotten the ball more.
Possibly 30-15

Reread the post.
Oklahoma State goes small you want your big to dominate.

He didn't dominate to the level that gave Kansas a win.
So it is David’s fault he didn’t get the ball more ok. Our issue is streaky 3 PT shooting

Reactions: KisteK
So it is David’s fault he didn’t get the ball more ok. Our issue is streaky 3 PT shooting

Bill Self had two choices

Stay big or go small

I would have went small. No reason KU shouldn't have the athletes that Oklahoma State has

But they don't this year. Oklahoma State is good.
When they have Cunningham and 4 guards they can run teams out of the gym.

Matters how you match up with them..

I like Kai Jones for Texas against them. In a game like that he takes over IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT