ADVERTISEMENT

GOT

I think this is gonna happen. Jon kills Dany and doesn’t want the throne.
Bran doesn't want it either tho. Sansa seems like the only one who wants the throne other than Dany. And it would be really strange to have her sit on the throne at the end of the show after she kills that many women and children.

Reactions: SNU0821
Bran doesn't want it either tho. Sansa seems like the only one who wants the throne other than Dany. And it would be really strange to have her sit on the throne at the end of the show after she kills that many women and children.

I'm not crazy, right? Sansa sucks, and this entire thing of "Oh, she is so smart!" is bullshit? It's not just me?

I'm not crazy, right? Sansa sucks, and this entire thing of "Oh, she is so smart!" is bullshit? It's not just me?
I think they have tried to portray her growing from a weak "little bird" early in the series to this master of the "Game of Thrones" but I just don't see it. She's grown for sure but not enough to even come close to ruling the seven kingdoms. Hell, I'm not sure she's grown enough to rule the North.

I think they have tried to portray her growing from a weak "little bird" early in the series to this master of the "Game of Thrones" but I just don't see it. She's grown for sure but not enough to even come close to ruling the seven kingdoms. Hell, I'm not sure she's grown enough to rule the North.

Yes! I hated the whole thing with Arya saying "Oh, she's the smartest person I know." No, she most assuredly is not, and the writers having you say it doesn't make it so.

BTW, it is crazy to me that, since season 1, we've been sort of waiting for dragons to burn Kings Landing.

Then it happened, and it was not good.

Dany, fulfilling her destiny and finishing the job her father wanted to do... down to the wildfire explosions throughout the city. Too bad there was no Kingslayer there to stop her.

Remember how, in the end, we were pulling for Cersei and NOT Dany? WTF?

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I couldn’t imagine going through life like @Dattier and @TheDude1
Must be absolutely miserable. You can reply to this idc. I’m not going to respond because unlike you two losers, I don't want to ruin the thread. You really should be banned for trying to politicize a tv show. Go back to reddit and complain with the rest of those freaks.
The life you've imagined for me to make yourself feel better sure does suck. Glad I'm not living it, and glad I'm not freaking out that someone politicized a show about political warfare.

BTW, it is crazy to me that, since season 1, we've been sort of waiting for dragons to burn Kings Landing.

Then it happened, and it was not good.

Dany, fulfilling her destiny and finishing the job her father wanted to do... down to the wildfire explosions throughout the city. Too bad there was no Kingslayer there to stop her.

Remember how, in the end, we were pulling for Cersei and NOT Dany? WTF?
I have a coworker who half sold me on Cersei several seasons ago. She pointed out how she is ruthless in the pursuit of power and has to operate outside some of the avenues available to men, and she's been relevant the whole time.

I think Sansa would be a much better leader than most anyone else left. She would rule less on emotion and more on reason. Even if she did use intuition hers has been right more than most. She has a good understanding of when people are with her or against her.

I have a coworker who half sold me on Cersei several seasons ago. She pointed out how she is ruthless in the pursuit of power and has to operate outside some of the avenues available to men, and she's been relevant the whole time.

Hmmmmpphhh... very hard to accept that, but at this point... Jon consistently does dumbass stuff, Dany is... well, pretty bad...

I think Sansa would be a much better leader than most anyone else left. She would rule less on emotion and more on reason. Even if she did use intuition hers has been right more than most. She has a good understanding of when people are with her or against her.

Talk about damning with faint praise;)

Davos for the Iron Throne!

So... turns out... the minorities led by the strong woman...they were the bad guys. Who saw that coming?

Actually, she became the bad guy, not the people following her. Cersei has consistently remained a villian. Tyrion has been a trainwreck as an advisor. Jon has been a weak leader. I'm not sure there is much of a political angle in a show like this. Everyone is somewhat good and bad for the most part.

Hmmmmpphhh... very hard to accept that, but at this point... Jon consistently does dumbass stuff, Dany is... well, pretty bad...

Talk about damning with faint praise;)

Davos for the Iron Throne!

I don't know what you mean tbh.

After the moment they had in the crypt when all hell was breaking loose (and her saying he was the best of her husbands), maybe Sansa remarries Tyrion and they rule together.

Obviously doubt that would occur but if she did end up on the throne, I'm almost positive he would be her Hand at least.

Reactions: TheDude1
Actually, she became the bad guy, not the people following her. Cersei has consistently remained a villian. Tyrion has been a trainwreck as an advisor. Jon has been a weak leader. I'm not sure there is much of a political angle in a show like this. Everyone is somewhat good and bad for the most part.

Obviously. It was meant as a somewhat tongue in cheek joke, and almost a jab at my own "side";)

On a serious note, it is VERY strange to see the Dothraki and UnSullied as "bad guys," slaughtering and pillaging. We've seen them as the forces of good for so long, despite their shortcomings... it was off putting to see them slaughtering folks in the streets of Kings Landing.

"Damning with faint praise" means that, by complimenting someone in a somewhat unflattering way, you are actually sort of saying something bad about them. Saying that Sansa would be a better leader than anyone else at this point isn't saying much, given who is left:)

After the moment they had in the crypt when all hell was breaking loose (and her saying he was the best of her husbands), maybe Sansa remarries Tyrion and they rule together.

Obviously doubt that would occur but if she did end up on the throne, I'm almost positive he would be her Hand at least.

REmarries? Did they ever... unmarry? Is there divorce in the Seven Kingdoms?

Obviously, it was meant as a somewhat tongue in cheek joke, and almost a jab at my own "side";)

"Damning with faint praise" means that, by complimenting someone in a somewhat unflattering way, you are actually sort of saying something bad about them. Saying that Sansa would be a better leader than anyone else at this point isn't saying much, given who is left:)

Lol, I know what the expression means. I didn’t feel that is what I was doing. I think she would be a really good leader. Being relative is all you can do there. I gotcha though.

Lol, I know what the expression means. I didn’t feel that is what I was doing. I think she would be a really good leader. Being relative is all you can do there. I gotcha though.

As I was writing that explanation, I thought maybe you got the phrase, but figured better safe than sorry:)

No no, I know that wasn't your intent... but at this point, being the best person left isn't saying much:)

Reactions: boilerzz
Hmm...well she married Ramsay after marrying Tyrion so they either have annulments or practice polygamy.

ah-thats-hot-made-with-the-power-of-the-lord-55658575.png

BTW, seriously... what does everything think happens with Bronn? Tell me he doesn't kill Tyrion. That would be dumb as ****.

who's character development? the only character they went away from was Jamie boinking Brienne which was the 1 time they went for pure fan service and I thought it was betraying how he loved his twincest ..
Jaime - His entire redemption story was ruined. They spent several seasons humanizing him, making him care about things other than just himself and Cersei. Then Cersei hires a hitman to kill both Tyrion and Jaime and Jaime decides to go to King's Landing and SAVE Cersei? GTFO with that terrible writing, who on this planet is going to go sacrifice their life for someone who just hired a hitman to kill you? You could say he was going to save his unborn child, but it has been made pretty clear that Jamie doesn't actually care about his offspring, just Cersei and himself.

Tyrion - His whole shtick was drinking things and knowing things. Except what exactly has he known in the last few seasons? He trusted his damn sister, and kept commenting on how she wasn't a monster... AFTER she hired Bronn to kill both he and his brother. Horrible writing again. He also advised Dany to not go straight to Kings landing, which she could have taken with minimal civilian casualties had she not gone north and lost her damn mind. He has made almost nothing but stupid decisions since arriving back on Westeros. Tyrion has turned into a guy that doesn't drink all that much and doesn't know shit.

Euron - His character development never even started. He's like a less drunk Jack Sparrow who is obsessed with sex. Book Euron is a waaaaay more interesting character.

Varys - The dude who had few equals when it came to spying and scheming betrays his Queen directly in front of her Hand by asking the dude she has been banging recently to betray her... what?

Dany - Her decent into madness was just poorly handled. Shes has been sold as sex slave by her brother, had her husband die, had her unborn child die, led her starving followers through the Dothraki sea, had two of her dragons killed (one of which was resurrected and fought against her) and been betrayed by people closer to her than Varys already. All of that happened, and she still wanted to free the oppressed and "break the wheel". But Missandei being killed, Varys' betrayal and Jon telling his damn family who his real parents are were all it took for her to snap and start burning the innocent alive? That is weak.

White walkers - Died to a freaking sneak attack. Ayra killing one would have been fine with me, but her just materializing behind the Night King and just "knowing" that she had to stab him directly where the Children of the Forest inserted the dragonglass into his chest was just poor story telling. HOW did Ayra sneak in there? HOW did she know she had to stab him in that specific spot (D&D said that she knew)? Way too much dues ex machina.

I'm sure there is more, but these are the main ones that pop out to me. Of course you can hand wave this stuff away, but all of these characters could have ended up meeting the same fate in a way that made more sense.

Jaime - His entire redemption story was ruined. They spent several seasons humanizing him, making him care about things other than just himself and Cersei. Then Cersei hires a hitman to kill both Tyrion and Jaime and Jaime decides to go to King's Landing and SAVE Cersei? GTFO with that terrible writing, who on this planet is going to go sacrifice their life for someone who just hired a hitman to kill you? You could say he was going to save his unborn child, but it has been made pretty clear that Jamie doesn't actually care about his offspring, just Cersei and himself.

Tyrion - His whole shtick was drinking things and knowing things. Except what exactly has he known in the last few seasons? He trusted his damn sister, and kept commenting on how she wasn't a monster... AFTER she hired Bronn to kill both he and his brother. Horrible writing again. He also advised Dany to not go straight to Kings landing, which she could have taken with minimal civilian casualties had she not gone north and lost her damn mind. He has made almost nothing but stupid decisions since arriving back on Westeros. Tyrion has turned into a guy that doesn't drink all that much and doesn't know shit.

Euron - His character development never even started. He's like a less drunk Jack Sparrow who is obsessed with sex. Book Euron is a waaaaay more interesting character.

Varys - The dude who had few equals when it came to spying and scheming betrays his Queen directly in front of her Hand by asking the dude she has been banging recently to betray her... what?

Dany - Her decent into madness was just poorly handled. Shes has been sold as sex slave by her brother, had her husband die, had her unborn child die, led her starving followers through the Dothraki sea, had two of her dragons killed (one of which was resurrected and fought against her) and been betrayed by people closer to her than Varys already. All of that happened, and she still wanted to free the oppressed and "break the wheel". But Missandei being killed, Varys' betrayal and Jon telling his damn family who his real parents are were all it took for her to snap and start burning the innocent alive? That is weak.

White walkers - Died to a freaking sneak attack. Ayra killing one would have been fine with me, but her just materializing behind the Night King and just "knowing" that she had to stab him directly where the Children of the Forest inserted the dragonglass into his chest was just poor story telling. HOW did Ayra sneak in there? HOW did she know she had to stab him in that specific spot (D&D said that she knew)? Way too much dues ex machina.

I'm sure there is more, but these are the main ones that pop out to me. Of course you can hand wave this stuff away, but all of these characters could have ended up meeting the same fate in a way that made more sense.

Can't say I disagree with most of this.

The only one I may disagree with is Dany... all of that bad stuff happened, as you said... and then MORE bad stuff happened. Maybe the progression through all of it is what did it? And has been saying, since the very beginning, that she would burn anyone who stood in her way. And hasn't she dealt with basically every problem (the wizards, the fleet, the Lannisters, the Tarleys, the undead, etc) with fire/dragon fire? So it might not be totally out of character.

BTW, I'm still mulling over Cleganebowl. I will say, the visuals were f'ing EPIC... and I loved that Cersei was all like "Okay, you guys deal with your thing, I'm out."

Reactions: Global Havok

The only one I may disagree with is Dany... all of that bad stuff happened, as you said... and then MORE bad stuff happened. Maybe the progression through all of it is what did it? And has been saying, since the very beginning, that she would burn anyone who stood in her way. And hasn't she dealt with basically every problem (the wizards, the fleet, the Lannisters, the Tarleys, the undead, etc) with fire/dragon fire? So it might not be totally out of character.

BTW, I'm still mulling over Cleganebowl. I will say, the visuals were f'ing EPIC... and I loved that Cersei was all like "Okay, you guys deal with your thing, I'm out."
The Dany one is the "least poorly executed" of the storylines, I agree. Her going mad doesn't bother me, its the fact that the switch was flipped almost instantly by three events that aren't all that bad at all compared to what she has been through. People say her madness had been foreshadowed, but I don't think it really was that well on the show. Every time she has burned someone alive up until Sunday it has been within the moral guidelines of the world she lives in (ie people betraying her or refusing the bend the knee). I think they could have handled it better is all, especially since HBO wanted them to do 10 episode seasons for the last two seasons and D&D said they didn't need it. They didnt HAVE to rush through the story's conclusion, they chose to.

Cleaganebowl was the best part of the episode. Very fitting that the brothers met their fate in fire. It also produced the best visual scene of the entire show IMO (Drogon spiting fire above the Clegane brothers meeting on stairs). The Hound is a top 3 character in the story to me.

It also produced the best visual scene of the entire show IMO (Drogon spiting fire above the Clegane brothers meeting on stairs).

Yeah, that was a crazy shot... I actually said to my wife at that moment "Well, they've got some CRAZY dramatic visuals in this damn thing."

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

The visuals of that fight were pretty f'n great. A few times, I'd say to my wife, "That's looks amazing."

I'm torn right now on the prequel news. I think I have all the books (audio books for commute to work), dating back to 1973, and I was going to start reading them and then rewatch GoT, but now I'm sure the prequel will be about the early stuff, but I don't want to wait until the prequel ends.

293u43p.png

Jon better sack the **** up and take that throne.

Tyrion better have a moment of win here in the last damn episode. He f'ing better.

BTW, everyone agrees, Bran wargs into Drogon? I mean, the Three Eyed Raven DID say Bran would never walk, but he WOULD fly, and he didn't just mean as a dumb raven, right?

Oh, and I LOVED the way Headey delivered Cerseis last lines. They were maybe her first and only sentences in the entire show that weren't defensive or angry or bitter... I've never heard her sound genuine and open before like that. I thought it was maybe the best part of the episode.
Man I hope Jon sacks up and takes the thrown, but I think he won’t. He’s been pretty adamant about not wanting it.

Reactions: tw3301
Man I hope Jon sacks up and takes the thrown, but I think he won’t. He’s been pretty adamant about not wanting it.

And he has been pretty adamant about being a puss when people need him NOT to be:(

BTW, for a hot second I thought Jon was going to behead Varys, Ned-Stark-Style.

Reactions: SNU0821
BTW, seriously... what does everything think happens with Bronn? Tell me he doesn't kill Tyrion. That would be dumb as ****.
On the show, I think Bronn is done. I'm pretty sure he wont end up with Highgarden on the show.

And he has been pretty adamant about being a puss when people need him NOT to be:(

BTW, for a hot second I thought Jon was going to behead Varys, Ned-Stark-Style.
The way he was holding Longclaw, I thought the same thing. Also, wasn't everyone standing pretty close to Varys for him to be burnt alive by a dragon? Laughing

I think they could have handled it better is all, especially since HBO wanted them to do 10 episode seasons for the last two seasons and D&D said they didn't need it. They didnt HAVE to rush through the story's conclusion, they chose to.

Watch the reddit video I posted on the last page.... seems the actors were pretty sarcastic about how "awesome" this last season was going to be. Especially Tyrion, who directly called out D&D.

What a monumental waste for them to rush it like they did.

Watch the reddit video I posted on the last page.... seems the actors were pretty sarcastic about how "awesome" this last season was going to be. Especially Tyrion, who directly called out D&D.

What a monumental waste for them to rush it like they did.
Even though this season was an episode shorter, it was only 8 minutes shorter than season 7 (440 min). They really could have made better use of those 872 mins.

I saw this earlier and laughed.

Curb, on the other hand, I think has jumped the shark, and badly. Used to be my favorite show ever. I couldn't even FINISH the last season:(
Not to GoT (get it), but since we're talking HBO shows, have you watched Chernobyl? I'm loving it.

Reactions: tw3301
Not to GoT (get it), but since we're talking HBO shows, have you watched Chernobyl? I'm loving it.

CANNOT WAIT!!!

No, I haven't started it yet, but I am REALLY super fascinated with the Chernobyl accident, and when I heard that it was being done as an HBO show (starring a Dukie, at that!) I was thrilled. It looks HEAVY. It's good so far?

CANNOT WAIT!!!

No, I haven't started it yet, but I am REALLY super fascinated with the Chernobyl accident, and when I heard that it was being done as an HBO show (starring a Dukie, at that!) I was thrilled. It looks HEAVY. It's good so far?
The intensity is enormous. It does a great job so far of portraying the heaviness of it all while it's happening. Some visuals are disturbing to say the least. I can't wait for the next episode.

Since it's only 5 episodes, you might be better off waiting to binge it.

The intensity is enormous. It does a great job so far of portraying the heaviness of it all while it's happening. Some visuals are disturbing to say the least. I can't wait for the next episode.

Since it's only 5 episodes, you might be better off waiting to binge it.

Yeah, that's a good thought. What with the kids and wife I don't get a ton of binge time, but at some point... Its what, two episodes in?

And yeah, the visuals... between the explosion, the light, the radiation poisoning, the helicopter crash, all of it... I expect it will be hard to take. I saw a trailer where they really emphasized the people dying from the radiation poisoning (I assume the firemen who responded first?) and their loved ones... looks intense as hell.

Yeah, that's a good thought. What with the kids and wife I don't get a ton of binge time, but at some point... Its what, two episodes in?

And yeah, the visuals... between the explosion, the light, the radiation poisoning, the helicopter crash, all of it... I expect it will be hard to take. I saw a trailer where they really emphasized the people dying from the radiation poisoning (I assume the firemen who responded first?) and their loved ones... looks intense as hell.
2nd episode aired last night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT