ADVERTISEMENT

GOT

I didn’t say I didn’t like the season. I’m saying the ending is bitter as in Westeros in shambles right now. Nothing sweet about it if it ends as is. I’m hoping we get some sweet to go along with the bitterness of hundreds of thousands being burned alive.

I got ya......sorry for misunderstanding .... I thought the sweet part of it is going to be Jon taking the throne... or Sansa....

Arya’s hose was white/pale-ish and looked kinda deathly.

Could symbolize the last horse of the apocalypse and Arya is going to kill Dany, which sort of breaks up the “empire”. Nobody sits on the Iron throne. Jon goes north to be free with Tormund and Ghost, Sansa rules the North and they are their own free kingdom.

Dany kills Sansa
Dany kills Tyrian
Jon kills Dany
Jon makes someone else King.
Arya takes off mask. Reveals she’s been Ned Stark all along

Reactions: SNU0821
I read spoilers before the season and thought there was no way they were correct (I won't ruin episode 6). Turns out they were 100% accurate... FML.

I don't have a problem with how the story is ending (Mad Queen...etc), I was wholly prepared for the "bittersweet ending" GRMM promised. It is how we ended up there that bothers me. D&D basically shit on the character development of several characters, and turned others into blithering idiots.

I read spoilers before the season and thought there was no way they were correct (I won't ruin episode 6). Turns out they were 100% accurate... FML.

I don't have a problem with how the story is ending (Mad Queen...etc), I was wholly prepared for the "bittersweet ending" GRMM promised. It is how we ended up there that bothers me. D&D basically shit on the character development of several characters, and turned others into blithering idiots.

who's character development? the only character they went away from was Jamie boinking Brienne which was the 1 time they went for pure fan service and I thought it was betraying how he loved his twincest ..

who's character development? the only character they went away from was Jamie boinking Brienne which was the 1 time they went for pure fan service and I thought it was betraying how he loved his twincest ..

I don’t think it was fan service. I think it was going to happen. It showed how his character grew and he did fall in love somewhat with Brienne, but his one big character flaw of being loyal to a fault for Cersei came back up and he couldn’t run from it and ended up getting him killed.

I am not so sure as we did not see them getting crushed.

They don't have enough time to even introduce that possibility, IMO.

Last episode is 1h 20m. They're gonna spend the time with Jon Snow + Davos + Tyrion on what to do with Dany, still have to get back to Winterfell to see what Sansa and Bran are doing, etc.

Reactions: Toast. and bMORE607
I'm with most people. The episode was good, it just felt way rushed and didnt seem to fit. Everyone reverted back to their flaws at the snap of a finger (or ring of a bell). There was no real lead up. I feel like they needed more time and episodes, but still could've done better than what we got. The first 2 episodes should've been combined. Battle of Winterfell is the 2nd episode, then they had 4 left to finish out all the human arcs and relationships.

Cersei dying to a building was complete shit. She's been the main villain. They basically said screw the first 7 seasons, we're turning Cersei and the Night King into filler villains and the "big twist" is Dany was the villain all along.

It's almost like a great movie that was ruined by the writers ending trying to shock viewers. Just didn't fit IMO with what we got before.

Amazing show, but from the moment Euron shot the dragon, it's been a pretty disappointing 100 minutes.

I'm with most people. The episode was good, it just felt way rushed and didnt seem to fit. Everyone reverted back to their flaws at the snap of a finger (or ring of a bell). There was no real lead up. I feel like they needed more time and episodes, but still could've done better than what we got. The first 2 episodes should've been combined. Battle of Winterfell is the 2nd episode, then they had 4 left to finish out all the human arcs and relationships.

Cersei dying to a building was complete shit. She's been the main villain. They basically said screw the first 7 seasons, we're turning Cersei and the Night King into filler villains and the "big twist" is Dany was the villain all along.

It's almost like a great movie that was ruined by the writers ending trying to shock viewers. Just didn't fit IMO with what we got before.

Amazing show, but from the moment Euron shot the dragon, it's been a pretty disappointing 100 minutes.

220px-M._Night_Shyamalan_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

If they cut a half hour, total, from episodes 1 and 2 and made them into one episode, they could've freed up a lot of room for actual story development.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
So... turns out... the minorities led by the strong woman...they were the bad guys. Who saw that coming?

Reactions: Dattier
So... turns out... the minorities led by the strong woman...they were the bad guys. Who saw that coming?

why do you try to make everything political
there is much more to life then constantly trying to troll politics
it would really suck being you

Uhhmmm...

First off, it was a joke.

Second, it was also true, in case you didn’t notice;)

Don’t always take everything so seriously:)

Oh, and yes, they are dead. The whole damn Keep collapsed on them.

If Davos survives this whole thing, A) I will be happy, and B) I will be oddly not surprised. The Onion Knight is a survivor.

Uhhmmm...

First off, it was a joke.

Second, it was also true, in case you didn’t notice;)

Don’t always take everything so seriously:)

i had no doubt you would try to play the "joke" card
everyone knew that as soon as the season ended you would start your political garbage again
i put you on ignore the whole off season, i guess i need to do it again

have a nice summer

How much does it suck chomping on that hook when you know it was trolling?

everyone knew that as soon as the season ended you would start your political garbage again

have a nice summer
Now you're making up cards to cover up how badly he triggered you.
RollLaugh

Funny because it's true.
The writers are rushing, so they do what men have always done throughout history: scapegoat women.

have a nice summer

THIS is the thanks I get for completely avoiding that mess of a UVa thread and for not getting into politics this off season!:)

But you did bust me; I was CLEARLY serious, and tried to cover it up as a joke.

Hope you have a great summer too.

22y76q.jpg

I think this is gonna happen. Jon kills Dany and doesn’t want the throne.

Jon better sack the **** up and take that throne.

Tyrion better have a moment of win here in the last damn episode. He f'ing better.

BTW, everyone agrees, Bran wargs into Drogon? I mean, the Three Eyed Raven DID say Bran would never walk, but he WOULD fly, and he didn't just mean as a dumb raven, right?

Oh, and I LOVED the way Headey delivered Cerseis last lines. They were maybe her first and only sentences in the entire show that weren't defensive or angry or bitter... I've never heard her sound genuine and open before like that. I thought it was maybe the best part of the episode.

Oh, and wtf happens with Bronn now? Could he POSSIBLY end up back in a happy place with Tyrion? I dearly hope so.

These ****ers better, in the end, give us some sort of happy-ish ending. I'm a little sick of "OMG REALITY ISN'T HAPPY SO THIS WON'T BE ARGH THE WORLD IS SO BAD!!!" Just gimme Tyrion, Davos, Bronn, Arya, and Pod drinking in a pub as the last scene and I'll be happy.

Who was Varys writing those letters to? Sansa?

I did like that the tactics with Drogon were a bit more real... come straight down out of the sun like a dive bomber, and then, while all the ballistas swing up, go low and attack from sea level. Oh, and that dragon carnage... ****balls.

I still hate Sansa. I really don't want her being in charge of anything.

Oh, and DO we eventually get what was intended in episode one... a Baratheon and a Stark ruling the land? I am guessing yes.

I couldn’t imagine going through life like @Dattier and @TheDude1
Must be absolutely miserable. You can reply to this idc. I’m not going to respond because unlike you two losers, I don't want to ruin the thread. You really should be banned for trying to politicize a tv show. Go back to reddit and complain with the rest of those freaks.

I couldn’t imagine going through life like @Dattier and @TheDude1
Must be absolutely miserable. You can reply to this idc. I’m not going to respond because unlike you two losers, I don't want to ruin the thread. You really should be banned for trying to politicize a tv show. Go back to reddit and complain with the rest of those freaks.

Oh good lord... you are really taking that seriously? Some of you really struggle with differentiating between the serious and the not. Personally, I'd rather go through life being able to sometimes joke about serious topics than go through life being a putz whose panties get all twisted when someone jokes about something.

BTW, I AM entertaining by complaining about politicizing a tv show that is literally about... politics. Or did you think that, when they say "Game of Thrones," they are referring to a Westerosi game show in which you answer difficult trivia questions about obscure monarchs?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT