ADVERTISEMENT

Fighting Creans move to 7-0

haha. Life as a UGA basketball fan is brutal. 7-0 regardless of who we have played is a miracle for me.
Who are the conference teams that usually beat your ass? Go out and handle them....that will tell you if you are for real or not.

Have been told he isn't a great coach by a certain poster

I disagree.

Good thing is he is flying under the radar at Georgia.
Looking at the schedules of some of the SEC teams and their records are misleading. UT, Arkansas and Georgia have started padding their win total prior to SEC play.

Reactions: olsonab
Looking at the schedules of some of the SEC teams and their records are misleading. UT, Arkansas and Georgia have started padding their win total prior to SEC play.
Georgia starting 7-0 doesn't change my opinion of Tom Crean

Tom Crean is a great coach. Being at a football school without the 365 days of the year attention will allow him to win there.
Gives him the chance to fly under the radar and have down years until he gets the program up and running

Check back in 5-7 years
Could have a 2-3 Sweet 16s by then

Reactions: CKJohnson

Tom Crean is a great coach. Being at a football school without the 365 days of the year attention will allow him to win there.
Gives him the chance to fly under the radar and have down years until he gets the program up and running

Check back in 5-7 years
I think you are abusing the term ‘great’.

I think you are abusing the term ‘great’.

Not going to get into the hurt feelings by IU fans.
His time there reinforced the idea that he was a great coach instead of diminished it.

Great chance Georgia will be the third school he takes to a Sweet 16.

When he took the job it was just the matter of time before they started to make noise.
Don't know if this will be the season but could have them as a NCAA bubble team

Not going to get into the hurt feelings by IU fans.
His time there reinforced the idea that he was a great coach instead of diminished it.

Great chance Georgia will be the third school he takes to a Sweet 16.

When he took the job it was just the matter of time before they started to make noise.
Don't know if this will be the season but could have them as a NCAA bubble team
I agree. He inherited a mess in Athens. He is slowly turning things around. Not sure if we are an NCAA team but I do think he will have us competitive year in and year out.

Reactions: toonces11
Starting to think we will be a tough out.

I was saying all last year that UGA is gonna have a good team in the next couple years. They had a loaded freshman class last year, but only Ant Edwards got noticed for obvious reasons. The rest of that class is loaded with solid 4 year guys. They could be a good team for the next few years.

Check back in 5-7 years
Laughing

Who knew....2-3 SW 16's in 7 years= Great coach.

Are we still on this shit

Crean took over a program in the gutter and had them contending for Final 4s at Indiana.

Indiana thought they were better and moved on.

What happened there reinforced the idea that Crean is a great coach instead of removed it.

Now we are seeing the same thing at UGA.
Going to have them contending in the SEC. Luckily he isn't under the same pressure

Are we still on this shit

Crean took over a program in the gutter and had them contending for Final 4s at Indiana.
Sure there, buddy.....He had ONE possible FF team at Indiana----2013. And got fukin embarrassed by Boeheim and Syracuse. I mean you couldn't have hand picked a better team to destroy a zone----and he was fukin lost. His last 4 years, dude lost 14, 15 and 17 games----missing the NCAAT twice.

Take this fukin garbage somewhere else...

Reactions: Lefty8
Sure there, buddy.....He had ONE possible FF team at Indiana----2013. And got fukin embarrassed by Boeheim and Syracuse. I mean you couldn't have hand picked a better team to destroy a zone----and he was fukin lost. His last 4 years, dude lost 14, 15 and 17 games----missing the NCAAT twice.

Take this fukin garbage somewhere else...

Maybe Indiana isn't what you think it is.

Maybe Indiana isn't what you think it is.
No, Indiana is what I think it is....But I can assure you, Tom Crean isn't what you think he is...

If you wanna call a guy great that has mssed the NCAAT in 12 of his 20 seasons of coaching---by all means, have at it. Call a coach great that has been past the SW 16 one time.....Sure. Call a coach great that has a career winning percentage of 59%----Sure. That is your right. Stupid as ****---but certainly your right.

No, Indiana is what I think it is....But I can assure you, Tom Crean isn't what you think he is...

If you wanna call a guy great that has mssed the NCAAT in 12 of his 20 seasons of coaching---by all means, have at it. Call a coach great that has been past the SW 16 one time.....Sure. Call a coach great that has a career winning percentage of 59%----Sure. That is your right. Stupid as ****---but certainly your right.

Well inheriting three programs in the shitter is going to hurt your winning percentage
Marquette was down when he took over as well.

IU thought they were too good for Kelvin Sampson as well.
Sooner or Later you are going to realize the program isn't the coaches it is IU

Well inheriting three programs in the shitter is going to hurt your winning percentage
Marquette was down when he took over as well.

Sooner or Later you are going to realize the program isn't the coaches it is IU
Marquette wasn't down when he took over. Mike Deane had four 20 win seasons in his five years there. Crean took over a 14-14 team, and went 15-14....Do some damn research dude...

Tom Crean is a flash in the pan type of coach....Look at his records at Maquette and Indiana. He is terrible at managing a roster, running a program. His records show just that:

He won 26 and 27 games with MU----with a great class. Went to a FF/lost in 2nd round.

The next three seasons he won 19,19 and 20----missing the NCAAT 2 of those 3 years...

Rinse and repeat...

At IU---i will give him a pass in Years one and two....But year three was the tell he wasn't gonna get it done.

Year 4-----Won 27 games.....SW 16
Year 5-----Won 29 games....SW 16..

Did so on the heels of Zeller, Oladipo,Hulls and Watford----A really good class. They leave, and....

He wins 17, 20, 27 and 18----Missing the NCAAT twice.

Rinse and repeat....

He will do the same at UGA....

LMAO at calling a coach with a 59% winning percentage, missing 12 NCAAT in 20 years, a great coach...

Yeah, you're a troll---Or just stupid. Probably both. I have been on this board for over 11 years....You are easily in the Top 10 of worst, shit takes of a poster I have ever encountered.

But certainly a Top 4 troll....You have to be. No way you can believe 90% of the shit you post.

I mean what was IU thinking firing a guy who was already on probation, for committing those same violations while the coach at Indiana...

JFC...

Marquette wasn't down when he took over. Mike Deane had four 20 win seasons in his five years there. Crean took over a 14-14 team, and went 15-14....Do some damn research dude...

Tom Crean is a flash in the pan type of coach....Look at his records at Maquette and Indiana. He is terrible at managing a roster, running a program. His records show just that:

He won 26 and 27 games with MU----with a great class. Went to a FF/lost in 2nd round.

The next three seasons he won 19,19 and 20----missing the NCAAT 2 of those 3 years...

Rinse and repeat...

At IU---i will give him a pass in Years one and two....But year three was the tell he wasn't gonna get it done.

Year 4-----Won 27 games.....SW 16
Year 5-----Won 29 games....SW 16..

Did so on the heels of Zeller, Oladipo,Hulls and Watford----A really good class. They leave, and....

He wins 17, 20, 27 and 18----Missing the NCAAT twice.

Rinse and repeat....

He will do the same at UGA....

LMAO at calling a coach with a 59% winning percentage, missing 12 NCAAT in 20 years, a great coach...

You don't care about you being wrong or not
You only care about your emotional opinion that Crean can't coach because in your mind he failed at Indiana.

Have fun hoping that he fails at Georgia
When this guy is winning at Georgia you are going to look like an idiot

Because it seems like he has already turned the corner.
Something that is hard to do there

Yeah, you're a troll---Or just stupid. Probably both. I have been on this board for over 11 years....You are easily in the Top 10 of worst, shit takes of a poster I have ever encountered.

But certainly a Top 4 troll....You have to be. No way you can believe 90% of the shit you post.

I mean what was IU thinking firing a guy who was already on probation, for committing those same violations while the coach at Indiana...

JFC...

Sampson Family tell a far different story of their time at Indiana...

If you are interested I can tell you how bad your university is. That places needs to be cleaned out and I don't think even Roy Williams could win there the way you think he should.

You don't care about you being wrong or not
You only care about your emotional opinion that Crean can't coach because in your mind he failed at Indiana.

Have fun hoping that he fails at Georgia
When this guy is winning at Georgia you are going to look like an idiot

Because it seems like he has already turned the corner.
Something that is hard to do there
Man, I mean---wow. My opinion of Crean has nadda to do with emotions---It has to do with what I saw, and what he produced----Not only at IU, but at Marquette.

I can tell you this....We could take a poll asking if Tom Crean is a GREAT coach, and I assure you, YOU will be the only one to say "Yes". I have been wrong many of times----There will be more times.

This isn't one of them.

Georgia is 7-0.....They are also 86th in KenPom...Their SOS is 279th...They have beaten Florida A&M(288th), Jacksonville(301), Montana(150th), Northeastern(177th), Samford(274th) AND, North Georgia----a D2 school. THeir best win is over a 2-5 CIncy team...

Yeah, lets go ahead and crown him COY.....

JFC...

Sampson Family tell a far different story of their time at Indiana...

If you are interested I can tell you how bad your university is. That places needs to be cleaned out and I don't think even Roy Williams could win there the way you think he should.
Is it the same story of their time at Oklahoma?

Sure, let me know how bad Indiana Unversity is, BUT...

I bet my reach within the program at Indiana far outweighs yours----Care to travel that road?

Man, I mean---wow. My opinion of Crean has nadda to do with emotions---It has to do with what I saw, and what he produced----Not only at IU, but at Marquette.

I can tell you this....We could take a poll asking if Tom Crean is a GREAT coach, and I assure you, YOU will be the only one to say "Yes". I have been wrong many of times----There will be more times.

This isn't one of them.

Georgia is 7-0.....They are also 86th in KenPom...Their SOS is 279th...They have beaten Florida A&M(288th), Jacksonville(301), Montana(150th), Northeastern(177th), Samford(274th) AND, North Georgia----a D2 school. THeir best win is over a 2-5 CIncy team...

Yeah, lets go ahead and crown him COY.....

JFC...

This argument isn't going anywhere.

Getting to the NCAA Tournament is a rarity at UGA
When Crean has them there you are going to look like a bitter fan.

Just have a little class. Say that Crean is a good coach but he wasn't what IU wanted.

In the end he will end up a HoF coach. He has that much respect

Coincides with a lot of things that came from Mike Davis as well who was also in Houston for awhile.
Ahhh, don't be shy Mr. Texas....Just say it. Don't be a pussy. BTW, Mike loved his time at Indiana. Very fond of the University. Great guy, wonderful human being...

Just say it, bro....But be careful. My reach can make you look awful fukin stupid. Be careful what you type.

Ahhh, don't be shy Mr. Texas....Just say it. Don't be a pussy. BTW, Mike loved his time at Indiana. Very fond of the University. Great guy, wonderful human being...

Just say it, bro....But be careful. My reach can make you look awful fukin stupid. Be careful what you type.

Your reach doesn't mean anything because coaches don't want the job.

Especially if you don't give Archie a fair shake.

This argument isn't going anywhere.

Getting to the NCAA Tournament is a rarity at UGA
When Crean has them there you are going to look like a bitter fan.

Just have a little class. Say that Crean is a good coach but he wasn't what IU wanted.

So, wait---I am gonna look bitter when Crean gets UGA to the NCAAT? Ummm, why? He has been there before---Why the **** would I be bitter?

Class? Where have I not shown class? You called him GREAT----I disagree. But now you want me to show some class, and call him, "GOOD"? Well, which is it Texas? Is he GREAT----Or GOOD?

Tom Crean is a decent, good basketball coach. His record shows that.

However----he is not great as you implied/said.

Your reach doesn't mean anything because coaches don't want the job.

Especially if you don't give Archie a fair shake.
Meh, I wll give you a 5 on the spin....My remarks have nadda to do with coaches wanting or mot wanting the job....

If you are insinuating coaches, Crean, were not given a "fair shake" then you are either dumber than I thought---Or related to Crean.

Here's what I thnk....

I think you wised up, and realized the road you were about to take wasn't the best of choices.

Kudo's to you.

So, wait---I am gonna look bitter when Crean gets UGA to the NCAAT? Ummm, why? He has been there before---Why the **** would I be bitter?

Class? Where have I not shown class? You called him GREAT----I disagree. But now you want me to show some class, and call him, "GOOD"? Well, which is it Texas? Is he GREAT----Or GOOD?

Tom Crean is a decent, good basketball coach. His record shows that.

However----he is not great as you implied/said.

You didn't have to even post...

Doesn't it get tiring to have to run coaches through the mud

Meh, I wll give you a 5 on the spin....My remarks have nadda to do with coaches wanting or mot wanting the job....

If you are insinuating coaches, Crean, were not given a "fair shake" then you are either dumber than I thought---Or related to Crean.

Here's what I thnk....

I think you wised up, and realized the road you were about to take wasn't the best of choices.

Kudo's to you.

The argument is worthless.

College coaches for the most part are very close.
A lot of them are friends.

Indiana has damaged their reputation with college coaches the last 20 years.
Don't care how much of a reach you think you have

The complaints are about the administration, fanbase, boosters and press.

Not the easy place to win like some of you want to think.

tenor.gif

How the **** did I miss this????

Tom Crean-----HOF?

JFC, dude...

You didn't have to even post...

Doesn't it get tiring to have to run coaches through the mud
WHo has ran anyone through the mud? I mean I cannot help it you are to soft and sensitive and see it as running someone through the mud b/c I don't think he was a GREAT coach. I never personally attacked Crean. I just disagreed with you calling him great...

You then made an ignorant statement about IU thinking they were too good for Sampson...IU hadno choice but to part ways with KS. He broke the same rules at IU, that he did at Oklahoma. Not to mention other issues that came to light within the program...

I spoke quite highly of Mike Davis...He is one of the better human beings I have ever met'known.

Now, show me where I ran any of these three coaches, "thru the mud".

AMybe this board is just to , ummmm, "big boy" for you?

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
You are going out of your way to go after Tom Crean as a coach....

Do you really think coaches want to go through that

When Georgia has as much money, probably more talent but doesn't have every dumbass in the state looking over their shoulder...

ADVERTISEMENT