ADVERTISEMENT

Fighting Creans move to 7-0

Deane went to Lamar .

So according to CBB basketball he didn't do a great job there

Once again you are attempting to control the narrative so Crean doesn't deserve credit

Crean brought Marquette basketball back into the spotlight and helped them get into the Big East.
Great----Deane went to Lamar....OK? DOes it change the fact that he went 100-55 in his 5 years at Marquette?

You are rather dumb as ****---or a fantastic troll...

I am going with both.

How is still going? Crean is a slightly above average coach, hence mediocre as sht. I wanted him to stay at IU forever LOL.
At this point, he has to be a troll....No one can be this fukin ignorant...

Yeah....but not with 59% winning percentages....Or missing 12 NCAAT's in 21 seasons...

Coaches get in the HOF for many reasons----See Naismith for example.. I mean who else you wanna compare him with....

Diddel at WKU? He had no FF's....Hell just a handful of NCAAT/NITs...But he did happen to win 32 conference titles...ANd is consider a pioneer of fast break basketball.....

What compare him with Ralph Miller? No FF's either....

Maybe Pete Carril at Princeton? No FF's either....

Thids shit is comical with you...

Just insanity...

Don't you think taking jobs at schools who aren't winning caused his winning percentage to go down more than anything.

Fact is he turned the corner at 2 of the universities and good chance he will at a third.
Will most likely be coach of the Year in the conference at all 3 schools.

Just insanity...

Don't you think taking jobs at schools who aren't winning caused his winning percentage to go down more than anything.

Fact is he turned the corner at 2 of the universities and good chance he will at a third.
Will most likely be coach of the Year in the conference at all 3 schools.
LMAO....

Marquette WAS winning.....They were 100-55 prior to his arrival you ass clown.

You wanna get down to it----Hell Indiana under Mike Davis went to 4 NCAAT in 6 seasons---including playing for a Ntional title...Winning one Big 10 title...

Kelvin Sampson was 43-15 in two seasons...Two NCAAT's.

Crean took over a mess, sure....He gutted the program. Which was needed. But I mean, if ya wanna go this route, we can....In the previous 8 seasons prior to Crean arriving, Indiana weht to 6 NCAAT, FF, title game...In his 9 seasons---IU went 5 NCAAT's. No FF's.

Creans issue is his teams are inconsistent....He will win 26 games----then 19----Then 27----then 17. Go to the NCAAT twice----miss it twice....Rinse and repeat...

He is a decent/average coach...Calling him anything more is stupid....And probably means you are a fanboy, or having some type of emotional breakdown.

LMAO....

Marquette WAS winning.....They were 100-55 prior to his arrival you ass clown.

You wanna get down to it----Hell Indiana under Mike Davis went to 4 NCAAT in 6 seasons---including playing for a Ntional title...Winning one Big 10 title...

Kelvin Sampson was 43-15 in two seasons...Two NCAAT's.

Crean took over a mess, sure....He gutted the program. Which was needed. But I mean, if ya wanna go this route, we can....In the previous 8 seasons prior to Crean arriving, Indiana weht to 6 NCAAT, FF, title game...In his 9 seasons---IU went 5 NCAAT's. No FF's.

Creans issue is his teams are inconsistent....He will win 26 games----then 19----Then 27----then 17. Go to the NCAAT twice----miss it twice....Rinse and repeat...

He is a decent/average coach...Calling him anything more is stupid....And probably means you are a fanboy, or having some type of emotional breakdown.

Once again facts be dammed. You only care about your narrow minded agenda because Tom Crean didn't win enough at Indiana.

Marquette was heading downhill. Every year prior to Crean taking over their conference record was getting worse.

So you can brag about overall record all you want but we have no idea what teams were played.
You are saying 7-0 doesn't mean anything

Conference records mean a lot because they are pretty much the same teams every year.

Do you get it...
Tom Crean turned around the Marquette program.
You can even give him credit for Buzz Williams. He brought Buzz in

When Buzz was recruiting Jimmy Butler before Crean left he was selling Tom Crean as a coach.
I am very familiar with Jimmy Butler. Know his HS coach very well. He was involved in the recruitment even though Jimmy went to a JUCO

All the success for Marquette Basketball the last 20 years is due to hiring Tom Crean

Once you comprehend that you move on...

They were struggling.
Look at conference record.

Reason why he when down to the Southland Conference.
Went from Marquette to a mid major
Oh,so now its "look at their conference records"....JFC, you move the goal post more than politicians do...But hey, for you...

1st year: 7-5(3rd)
2nd year: 10-4(2nd)
3rd year: 9-5 (2nd)
4th year: 8-8(4th)
5th year: 6-10 (6th)

40-38 overall....

So Crean took over a program that in the previous 5 years, had ONE losing season in conference...WOn 20+ games 4 times in 5 years....

Yeah he sure took over a mess, huh.....

Once again facts be dammed. You only care about your narrow minded agenda because Tom Crean didn't win enough at Indiana.

Marquette was heading downhill. Every year prior to Crean taking over their conference record was getting worse.

So you can brag about overall record all you want but we have no idea what teams were played.
You are saying 7-0 doesn't mean anything

Conference records mean a lot because they are pretty much the same teams every year.

Do you get it...
Tom Crean turned around the Marquette program.
You can even give him credit for Buzz Williams. He brought Buzz in

When Buzz was recruiting Jimmy Butler before Crean left he was selling Tom Crean as a coach.
I am very familiar with Jimmy Butler. Know his HS coach very well. He was involved in the recruitment even though Jimmy went to a JUCO

All the success for Marquette Basketball the last 20 years is due to hiring Tom Crean

Once you comprehend that you move on...
I get it....You have a crush on Tom Crean....You think he is a GREAT coach...Fine. Let me ask....

If the jobs at....

UNC,Duke, UK, Kansas, MSU, Nova, etc, etc....came open---You think one single AD is calling Tom Crean? Seems to me a GREAT coach, as you said he is, would get a call from those type of programs...

Oh,so now its "look at their conference records"....JFC, you move the goal post more than politicians do...But hey, for you...

1st year: 7-5(3rd)
2nd year: 10-4(2nd)
3rd year: 9-5 (2nd)
4th year: 8-8(4th)
5th year: 6-10 (6th)

40-38 overall....

So Crean took over a program that in the previous 5 years, had ONE losing season in conference...WOn 20+ games 4 times in 5 years....

Yeah he sure took over a mess, huh.....

Program heading downhill....

I get it....You have a crush on Tom Crean....You think he is a GREAT coach...Fine. Let me ask....

If the jobs at....

UNC,Duke, UK, Kansas, MSU, Nova, etc, etc....came open---You think one single AD is calling Tom Crean? Seems to me a GREAT coach, as you said he is, would get a call from those type of programs...

I am telling you right now...

Your narrative isn't going to work. You can continue this if you want but Tom Crean could win at Georgia and possibly win big.

Just letting you know....

Conference records mean a lot because they are pretty much the same teams every year
Why do lie? Why make false claims just to bolster your stupid ass take of Crean being a great coach?

Kevin O'Neil conference records:

1st year: 9-5
2nd year: 7-7
3rd year:: 5-5
4th year: 6-4-----Better than 3rd year.
5th year: 10-2----Better than the 4th year..

New coach Mike Deane:

1st year: 7-5
2nd year: 10-4---Better than his first year..
3rd year: 9-5

4th year: 8-8
5th year: 6-10

In five of the 9 seasons, they were as good, if not better.

Why make such dumb ass claims?

Crean is an ok coach. He’s not close to being great and he’s not going to be in the HOF. He’s a nice fit for Georgia.

Why do lie? Why make false claims just to bolster your stupid ass take of Crean being a great coach?

Kevin O'Neil conference records:

1st year: 9-5
2nd year: 7-7
3rd year:: 5-5
4th year: 6-4-----Better than 3rd year.
5th year: 10-2----Better than the 4th year..

New coach Mike Deane:

1st year: 7-5
2nd year: 10-4---Better than his first year..
3rd year: 9-5

4th year: 8-8
5th year: 6-10

In five of the 9 seasons, they were as good, if not better.

Why make such dumb ass claims?

You do know they moved conferences.

The program was going downhill when Crean took over

You can attempt to try to give credit to others but the truth is Tom Crean recreated the Marquette basketball program

Crean is an ok coach. He’s not close to being great and he’s not going to be in the HOF. He’s a nice fit for Georgia.
Exactly this.....Not so sure why Buford thinks Crean is some great coach, who is gonna be in the HOF. I think he is trolling to be honest.

You do know they moved conferences.

The program was going downhill when Crean took over

You can attempt to try to give credit to others but the truth is Tom Crean recreated the Marquette basketball program
I am aware of the conference change.....Any other goal post you would like to move? In four of Deane's 5 seasons, MU was in CUSA. The other was the Great MidWest.

Its an absolute stretch to say Crean took over a struggling program. Especially when that program was coming off 4, 20+ win seasons in 5 years, with 2 NCAAT. Deane had ONE losing season---His last.

But hey, do what you need to do to convince yourself Crean is a GREAT coach.

I am aware of the conference change.....Any other goal post you would like to move? In four of Deane's 5 seasons, MU was in CUSA. The other was the Great MidWest.

Its an absolute stretch to say Crean took over a struggling program. Especially when that program was coming off 4, 20+ win seasons in 5 years, with 2 NCAAT. Deane had ONE losing season---His last.

But hey, do what you need to do to convince yourself Crean is a GREAT coach.

When a program is heading downhill it is struggling....

Wasn't the first struggling program that Crean helped with.
As an IU fan you should know Crean's connections to Tom Izzo and Michigan State

Because if he wins at Georgia that will be the final piece to the puzzle

His resume is already halfway written
No chance you believe this.....You think if we wins 55-60% of his games at UGA....Goes to the NCAAT 45-50% of the time--par for his career---that he is headed to the HOF?

Are you on fukin dope?

When a program is heading downhill it is struggling....

Wasn't the first struggling program that Crean helped with.
As an IU fan you should know Crean's connections to Tom Izzo and Michigan State
WTF does this have to do with anything?

So one losing season, overall and in conference play, in 5 seasons---constitutes struggling?

Got it...

Because if he wins at Georgia that will be the final piece to the puzzle

His resume is already halfway written
Answer the question.....Well two.

1. You think Crean is a GREAT coach? Yes/No

2. If Kansas, UK, Duke, UNC,MSU, Nova, Gonzaga jobs came open---do you think ANY of them contact Tom Crean?

Every program he has went to for an extended period has improved

Michigan State
Marquette
Indiana
And now Georgia

Crean was a main part of those early Tom Izzo teams. He left the year before they won the NC but Izzo hasn't won one since

Michigan State
Marquette
Indiana
And now Georgia

Crean was a main part of those early Tom Izzo teams. He left the year before they won the NC but Izzo hasn't won one since
Whoa, whoa---Crean played a role in MSU....

Dude just fukin quit....

Michigan State
Marquette
Indiana
And now Georgia

Answer the questions...

1. Do you think Tom Crean is a great coach?

2. If jobs opened at UK, KU, Duke, UNC,Nova, Gonzaga, etc, etc....Are they contacting Tom Crean?

Answer the questions...

1. Do you think Tom Crean is a great coach?

2. If jobs opened at UK, KU, Duke, UNC,Nova, Gonzaga, etc, etc....Are they contacting Tom Crean?

He is a great coach because he has been successful everywhere he has been.
Including Indiana

Like I said. His time at IU reinforced my belief that Crean is a great coach.

Yes Tom Crean was a huge part of Michigan State's early success.

This is the reason why he will end up in the College HoF
Tom Izzo is in his corner

Including Indiana

You forgot question "2".

Huge part of MSU early success---Sure. Many assistant are. This isn't some type of breaking news, brother. Unfortunate that MSU hasn't been able to sutain the sucess they did during the 4 years Crean was there, huh? Maybe Izzo should bring him back?

His time at IU reinforced your belief he is a GREAT coach?

Gotcha....

A guy with a 59% career winning percentage----9 NCAAT's in 21 seasons---is writing the final chapter of his HOF career?

Yeah...

You forgot question "2".

Huge part of MSU early success---Sure. Many assistant are. This isn't some type of breaking news, brother. Unfortunate that MSU has been able to sutain the sucess they did during the 4 years Crean was there, huh? Maybe Izzo should bring him back?

His time at IU reinforced your belief he is a GREAT coach?

Gotcha....

A guy with a 59% career winning percentage----9 NCAAT's in 21 seasons---is writing the final chapter of his HOF career?

Yeah...

But they haven't won another NC.

Impact on the game.

Where was Oladipo ranked when Tom Crean recruited him

But they haven't won another NC.

Impact on the game.

Where was Oladipo ranked when Tom Crean recruited him
You didnt answer question 2....

They won the NC the year after Crean left....2000. He left in 1999.

Yaaay----He found a diamond in the rough. Nice job by him. Tell me, what did he do with the #2 and #4 Pick.....Along with a 5*PG in Yogi Ferrell? How'd that SW 16 game turn out?

If Crean is great---as you say---then why so many up and down seasons? Why couldn't he ever sustained consistency? Why would a great coach win 27 games, 29 games, then 18 and 17? Then win 27.....then 19 and 18? How does a great coach do this in his last 4 years at Indiana:

17-15, 7-11 (8th)
20-14, 9-9 (7th)
27-8, 15-3
18-16, 7-11(10th)

Great coaches do that^^^^^?

Including Indiana

So to be clear---you are putting Crean in the same tier as Izzo, K, Self, Williams,Wright, Few etc, etc....

Also, lots of coaches have been successful wherever they have been. Doesn't make them great---makes them successful....Not sure if you realize that being successful, doesn't mean you are great.

Shaka Smart has been successful at VCU and Texas....Is he too a great coach, that is bound for the HOF?

You didnt answer question 2....

They won the NC the year after Crean left....2000. He left in 1999.

Yaaay----He found a diamond in the rough. Nice job by him. Tell me, what did he do with the #2 and #4 Pick.....Along with a 5*PG in Yogi Ferrell? How'd that SW 16 game turn out?

If Crean is great---as you say---then why so many up and down seasons? Why couldn't he ever sustained consistency? Why would a great coach win 27 games, 29 games, then 18 and 17? Then win 27.....then 19 and 18? How does a great coach do this in his last 4 years at Indiana:

17-15, 7-11 (8th)
20-14, 9-9 (7th)
27-8, 15-3
18-16, 7-11(10th)

Great coaches do that^^^^^?

Indiana is stuck in a rut

Where they can't get the blue chip one and done recruits
They have change coaches so frequently that it has been hard to create a program

So you go through an up and down period.
At least until you have enough ups where you can start getting those one and dones

Going to continue to happen until Indiana has a consistent coach.
Consistency doesn't come until you have a consistent coach.

The gap between Kansas, Kentucky, UNC and Duke and everyone else is huge.

Even Kentucky was at that point until they brought in Calipari.
Calipari attached the one and dones

Problem with IU is that those coaches aren't all over.

The rest of the coaches aren't good enough.

So to be clear---you are putting Crean in the same tier as Izzo, K, Self, Williams,Wright, Few etc, etc....

Also, lots of coaches have been successful wherever they have been. Doesn't make them great---makes them successful....Not sure if you realize that being successful, doesn't mean you are great.

Shaka Smart has been successful at VCU and Texas....Is he too a great coach, that is bound for the HOF?

No...

Shaka took over a program at VCU whose previous two coaches were hired by major programs.

He rode the success that was established before him.

He took over a program at Texas that was heading downhill.
Hasn't fully reestablish anything yet.
But there is a belief that he can if given the time.
We will see the rest of the year and next year.

Two different circumstances.

Starting to think we will be a tough out.
I mean, we are allowed to be excited about our 7-0 start considering we usually don’t have that even with a cupcake schedule, right? It’s weird the snidey remarks ITT from IU fans because one person said they think he’s a great coach. One even going as far as to brag about how connected they are with the IU program in a thread where a UGA fan said they’re happy with their start. How insecure does one have to be to brag about their connections with a program when an historically bad program is happy being 7-0. Weird takes.

IU fans can continue this for years.

Truthfully doesn't matter to me. Trying to look out for y'all.

Because there is a good chance Crean has success at Georgia. Really good chance that they will be satisfied with the success.
Sad how entitled and delusional Indiana basketball has become. Only hurting yourself.

They never were a program that had a bunch of one and dones.
The era they won in when players stayed 3-4 years and you had the chance to built a complete program with elite talent isn't there anymore.
That elite talent is in the NBA by year 3.

I mean, we are allowed to be excited about our 7-0 start considering we usually don’t have that even with a cupcake schedule, right? It’s weird the snidey remarks ITT from IU fans because one person said they think he’s a great coach. One even going as far as to brag about how connected they are with the IU program in a thread where a UGA fan said they’re happy with their start. How insecure does one have to be to brag about their connections with a program when an historically bad program is happy being 7-0. Weird takes.

To be fair it's been 1 IU fan not "fans" but, Borden is mostly correct.

Looking at the schedules of some of the SEC teams and their records are misleading. UT, Arkansas and Georgia have started padding their win total prior to SEC play.
Y'all tried that too, it just didn't work out the same.

The teams UK have played have gotten a huge bump for beating them. The other 3 teams opponents took Ls
Their BPI SOS is around the same as well, but yeah, I'm sure that makes all the difference when comparing 240+ to sub 25.

• Haha
Reactions: Lefty8
ADVERTISEMENT