ADVERTISEMENT

Fighting Creans move to 7-0

The argument is worthless.

College coaches for the most part are very close.
A lot of them are friends.

Indiana has damaged their reputation with college coaches the last 20 years.
Don't care how much of a reach you think you have

The complaints are about the administration, fanbase, boosters and press.

Not the easy place to win like some of you want to think.
I am gonna "dumb this down" for you.....My "reach" has naada to do with coaches liking Indiana, or the job...None. Nadda. You were gonna tell me how bad Indiana was----and I just let ya know---You had better come with the facts......Because of the "reach" I have.

Understand now?

I know how college coaches are---I worked side by side many of them for over 10 years...I can tell you RIGHT NOW, what guys , big name guys, think of the job at Indiana. Guys like Rick Pitino, who wanted the job----Calipari who was very interested, but Indiana was pushed aback by his past, and the fact that the pwers to be wanted to make a MINORITY hire, i.e. Kelvin Sampson...IU passed on Belien.

These are facts...Facts I can show.

So Like I said---be careful....If not, I will embarrass your ass.

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
You are going out of your way to go after Tom Crean as a coach....

Do you really think coaches want to go through that

When Georgia has as much money, probably more talent but doesn't have every dumbass in the state looking over their shoulder...
Oh, I see....So what you really mean is----You wanna make comments about coaches, but unless others agree, you'd just assume they not post?

I mean I find it ironic you are chastising me about "going after Crean", yet, well I mean, didn't you do the same with Mark Few?

I think this board is to "big boy" for you...Maybe you should go post on a Readers Digest forum...

Oh, I see....So what you really mean is----You wanna make comments about coaches, but unless others agree, you'd just assume they not post?

I mean I find it ironic you are chastising me about "going after Crean", yet, well I mean, didn't you do the same with Mark Few?

I think this board is to "big boy" for you...Maybe you should go post on a Readers Digest forum...
I bet you were excited when Indiana hired him.

tenor.gif

How the **** did I miss this????

Tom Crean-----HOF?

JFC, dude...
Pretty sure this is the same potato that insisted that Shaka is a better coach than Beard.

You are going out of your way to go after Tom Crean as a coach....

Do you really think coaches want to go through that

When Georgia has as much money, probably more talent but doesn't have every dumbass in the state looking over their shoulder...
Yeah, except for football.......Oh, you forget that? Dude baseball coaches in the SEC catch more shit than basketball coaches---sans UK.

Tom Crean will do at UGA what he did at Marq and Indiana. And that is fine----For marquette and Georgia.

I bet you were excited when Indiana hired him.
Who? Tom Crean? Not at all. I thought it was a "damage control hire". There were far more issues at Indiana than just KS text meassages and phone calls----FAR MORE. Crean was the "safe hire". And at the time, the only coach really wanting to take over the program for the state that it was in...Why do you think there was such a mass exodus when Crean was hired?

I am thankful for what Crean done. He worked his ass off. He just wasn't the guy---Plain and simple. His practices, his game planning, preparation, was unreal....I mean his practices were as detailed, well ran as I have ever seen...But after 9 seasons of being good, average, then bad---then good, it was evident it was time for a change.

No, I was not happy with his hiring. Not many that I know were.

Pretty sure this is the same potato that insisted that Shaka is a better coach than Beard.
Vulv my man.....I am convinced he is a troll....Has to be. And its sad---I fall for his shit everytime.

Who? Tom Crean? Not at all. I thought it was a "damage control hire". There were far more issues at Indiana than just KS text meassages and phone calls----FAR MORE. Crean was the "safe hire". And at the time, the only coach really wanting to take over the program for the state that it was in...Why do you think there was such a mass exodus when Crean was hired?

I am thankful for what Crean done. He worked his ass off. He just wasn't the guy---Plain and simple. His practices, his game planning, preparation, was unreal....I mean his practices were as detailed, well ran as I have ever seen...But after 9 seasons of being good, average, then bad---then good, it was evident it was time for a change.

No, I was not happy with his hiring. Not many that I know were.

When he has success at Georgia you will admit to being wrong.

When he has success at Georgia you will admit to being wrong.
Being wrong about what? I fully expect him to have the same type of success at UGA, that he did at Marquette and Indiana. Ok......So? I mean, what----What will I need to admit to being wrong about?

They are 7-0 vs a HS schedule....Lets see how it pans out in the SEC. Look, last year they enterd the SEC 11-3....Same noise then, as now....They went 5-13 in league play----With the #1 Pick in the NBA draft.

So, I mean----what is it I will need to admit?

Coaches are only as good as their players.

Funny how in the NBA no one gives the coaches credit
But in college the coaches get all the credit
Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, Pop, etc, etc....say, hello...NBA coaches probably get more prop than college coaches, due to what they have to deal with, and the lack of control they have over their rosters...

Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, Pop, etc, etc....say, hello...NBA coaches probably get more prop than college coaches, due to what they have to deal with, and the lack of control they have over their rosters...

No they don't.

None of them were the face of their franchise.

Players receive all the credit.

In college the coaches receive all the credit.

But in reality the coach is only as good as the players on the court
The don't have buttons to control a player's actions

No they don't.

None of them were the face of their franchise.

Players receive all the credit.

In college the coaches receive all the credit.

But in reality the coach is only as good as the players on the court
The don't have buttons to control a player's actions
Blah, blah, blah....Go do a crossword puzzle or something...You suck at this,

Truth hurts...

Look at Calipari

Did he forget how to coach this year
Or Roy Williams last year

Coaches are only as good as their players.
Indiana is stuck in the middle. They have to win but they can't get the elite one and dones.
I tend to look at the other 20+ years, 700 wins, national titles, etc, etc....than one ,outlier of a season.

But hey, you do you...

Yes.
They have had a more stable program recently
Sure thing, boss....

Crean will do at UGA, what he did at MU and IU----Only difference is, at UGA that will get him a statue, instead of a pink slip. Crean will go to some NCAAT.....He might even get to a SW 16, or two----But that will be the gist...

I wasn't aware Tom Crean had 700+ wins, multiple FF's and won a title....or two....or three. Damn, how did I miss that?

Doesn't matter.
You are dwelling on his down seasons.

You want to construct the narrative in a way that highlights his failures.

You can do that with any coach.
Sometimes you get players once in awhile who won't listen.
You can scream and yell all you want but when they are on the court they make the decisions and not you.

Sure thing, boss....

Crean will do at UGA, what he did at MU and IU----Only difference is, at UGA that will get him a statue, instead of a pink slip. Crean will go to some NCAAT.....He might even get to a SW 16, or two----But that will be the gist...

So you are admitting that Indiana's expectations are their worst enemy

We have been through this before.
Two different types of names.
Ones like UCLA and Indiana that work against you.
Ones like Duke, UNC and Kentucky that help you

Man, I mean---wow. My opinion of Crean has nadda to do with emotions---It has to do with what I saw, and what he produced----Not only at IU, but at Marquette.

I can tell you this....We could take a poll asking if Tom Crean is a GREAT coach, and I assure you, YOU will be the only one to say "Yes". I have been wrong many of times----There will be more times.

This isn't one of them.

Georgia is 7-0.....They are also 86th in KenPom...Their SOS is 279th...They have beaten Florida A&M(288th), Jacksonville(301), Montana(150th), Northeastern(177th), Samford(274th) AND, North Georgia----a D2 school. THeir best win is over a 2-5 CIncy team...

Yeah, lets go ahead and crown him COY.....

JFC...

That was a mean left hook, right cross and upper cut. Somebody give Sheriff a standing 8.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
They are going to put the guy in the College HoF

I don't see why you are even questioning his coaching abilities
I dunno why I do this....I really don't. First off, I truly hope you are trolling---Sitting back, laughing---saying---"Watch this----Borden's gonna lose his mind, here..." I mean for the sake of humanity---I hope this sooooooooooo, much. Because the alternative is scary....Its scary to think that there is someone who feels that a coach....

Who to date is, 390-268(59%), with ONE Final Four.....9 NCAAT appearances....In 21 seasons....

Is headed to the HOF...

If you truly believe this---its worrisome to think of what else you believe....

I dunno why I do this....I really don't. First off, I truly hope you are trolling---Sitting back, laughing---saying---"Watch this----Borden's gonna lose his mind, here..." I mean for the sake of humanity---I hope this sooooooooooo, much. Because the alternative is scary....Its scary to think that there is someone who feels that a coach....

Who to date is, 390-268(59%), with ONE Final Four.....9 NCAAT appearances....In 21 seasons....

Is headed to the HOF...

If you truly believe this---its worrisome to think of what else you believe....

There are coaches with zero Final 4 appearances

Tom Crean is the best coach Indiana has had since Bobby Knight
Best coach Marquette had since Al Mcguire
Maybe the best coach Georgia has ever had

Doesn't matter.
You are dwelling on his down seasons.

You want to construct the narrative in a way that highlights his failures.

You can do that with any coach.
Sometimes you get players once in awhile who won't listen.
You can scream and yell all you want but when they are on the court they make the decisions and not you.
"dwelling on his down seasons"? Maybe because he has had more DOWN seasons,than GOOD? He has been a coach for 21 years.....12 times he has missed the NCAAT. So should I just ignore that when evaluating him as a coach? Should I just concentrate on the GOOD? Sorry, bud---that's not how shit works.

I agree----sometimers you get players who won't listen...Yadda, yadda, yadda..That certainly happens. Seems like maybe that has happened a lot with Crean, being he has missed the NCAAT 12 times in 21 seasons....So I am guessing the 9 times he did get the tourney---those were times where his kids listened? Damn...Poor guy. My bad. here I was thinking he had those down season b/c he was just a decent/good coach.

Turns out----it was b/c kids wouldn't listen to him...WHo knew.

He rebuilt Marquette

Marquette was struggling until he took over. Since Crean left they have continued their success

He took over Indiana in the gutter

He took over Georgia in the gutter

You take over bad programs you aren't going to win every year
Don't care who the coach is.

You continue to dwell on a record that doesn't matter
The fact that he has and will turn the corner at all these programs is something to celebrate

There are coaches with zero Final 4 appearances

Tom Crean is the best coach Indiana has had since Bobby Knight
Best coach Marquette had since Al Mcguire
Maybe the best coach Georgia has ever had

I understand there are coaches with zero FF's...Not sure what that has to do with anything? Kevin Ollie won a national title----Is he too headed to the HOF?

1. Fail. Best coach IU has had since Knight, was Kelvin Sampson.
2. Fail...I think Rick Majerus was/is better than Tom Crean.
3. Could be the best coach UGA has had...But its not like he's battling the "whos,who" of CBB for that title....I mean Hugh Durham wasn't bad...Or Harrick....Or Fox.

He rebuilt Marquette

Marquette was struggling until he took over. Since Crean left they have continued their success
Why do you lie? Do you think you are talking with some chump,that doesn't know CBB? He didn't rebuild Marquette....They were not struggling. They had ONE bad season under Deane..

MIke Deane:
1st year....21-12
2nd year...23-8
3rd year...22-9
4th year....20-11
5th year.....14-15.

He took over a program that in the previous 5 years, went 100-55. MOF, when you include Kevin O'neils last two season,Marquette had won 20+ games, for 6 straight seasons....With a trip to the SW 16...

If you are gonna step in the ring with me brother----ya had better bring the facts. If not---I will embarrass you.

I understand there are coaches with zero FF's...Not sure what that has to do with anything? Kevin Ollie won a national title----Is he too headed to the HOF?

1. Fail. Best coach IU has had since Knight, was Kelvin Sampson.
2. Fail...I think Rick Majerus was/is better than Tom Crean.
3. Could be the best coach UGA has had...But its not like he's battling the "whos,who" of CBB for that title....I mean Hugh Durham wasn't bad...Or Harrick....Or Fox.

There are coaches in the HoF with zero

The average fan thinks much differently than coaches do.

Why do you lie? Do you think you are talking with some chump,that doesn't know CBB? He didn't rebuild Marquette....They were not struggling. They had ONE bad season under Deane..

MIke Deane:
1st year....21-12
2nd year...23-8
3rd year...22-9
4th year....20-11
5th year.....14-15.

He took over a program that in the previous 5 years, went 100-55. MOF, when you include Kevin O'neils last two season,Marquette had won 20+ games, for 6 straight seasons....With a trip to the SW 16...

If you are gonna step in the ring with me brother----ya had better bring the facts. If not---I will embarrass you.

They went to the tournament 4 times from 1983-1999
That is struggling for a program like Marquette

In his short time there he went to more than 4 NCAA Tournaments and handed off a program to Buzz Williams.

They went to the tournament 4 times from 1983-1999
That is struggling for a program like Marquette

In his short time there he went to more than 4 NCAA Tournaments and handed off a program to Buzz Williams.
They were struggling PRIOR to O'neil and Deane-----But not when Crean got there. From 1990-1999, they went to 4 NCAAT....won 20 games 6 times. A SW 16, with 3 NIT bids. He took over for Deane,who in 5 years went 100-55.

His short time there? He was there 9 seasons... Went to 5 NCAAT. So great---He went to ONE more NCAAT than the previous staff of the past 10 years....Good for him.

To sayhe took over a struggling program is asinine. Mike Deane done a solid job while there. Unless of course you don't think winning 20+ games in 4 of your five seasons is solid???

You are trying to hard, kiddo...

They were struggling PRIOR to O'neil and Deane-----But not when Crean got there. From 1990-1999, they went to 4 NCAAT....won 20 games 6 times. A SW 16, with 3 NIT bids. He took over for Deane,who in 5 years went 100-55.

His short time there? He was there 9 seasons... Went to 5 NCAAT. So great---He went to ONE more NCAAT than the previous staff of the past 10 years....Good for him.

To sayhe took over a struggling program is asinine. Mike Deane done a solid job while there. Unless of course you don't think winning 20+ games in 4 of your five seasons is solid???

How is still going? Crean is a slightly above average coach, hence mediocre as sht. I wanted him to stay at IU forever LOL.

Deane went to Lamar .

So according to CBB basketball he didn't do a great job there

Once again you are attempting to control the narrative so Crean doesn't deserve credit

Crean brought Marquette basketball back into the spotlight and helped them get into the Big East.

There are coaches in the HoF with zero

The average fan thinks much differently than coaches do.
Yeah....but not with 59% winning percentages....Or missing 12 NCAAT's in 21 seasons...

Coaches get in the HOF for many reasons----See Naismith for example.. I mean who else you wanna compare him with....

Diddel at WKU? He had no FF's....Hell just a handful of NCAAT/NITs...But he did happen to win 32 conference titles...ANd is consider a pioneer of fast break basketball.....

What compare him with Ralph Miller? No FF's either....

Maybe Pete Carril at Princeton? No FF's either....

Thids shit is comical with you...

ADVERTISEMENT