ADVERTISEMENT

Duke @ Louisville game thread.

I quit watching enough to chug a bottle of water and take a piss. Then I decided to punish myself by putting the game back on. It was down to a 16 point lead. Said, why not..... glad I did.

I would’ve retreated to YouTube videos on evolutionary biology with occasional check of ESPN by that point.

It was harmless banter. But you were saying?
giphy.gif

It’s like watching your grandmother on the edge of getting raped some how hoping she’ll find a gun and shoot the attacker in the head. I’ll tune in when she gets the gun. If not, I’m watching videos on the Cambrian Explosion. The anomalocaurus was an amazing beast.
I'm going to tell you. The Ted Bundy series on Netflix is good TV

I don’t think I can handle going to these big games anymore.

UNC x2 - Blowouts
UK - Whooped/Unprepared
UVA - Unfathomable
Duke - Absolute the worst thing I’ve ever witnessed in my life.

I’m so glad that I apparently bring thing all the bad luck to these games.

Needless to say, my sports passion has not been enjoyable for the past 2 years that I’ve attended UofL.

This loss mentally breaks me...I can’t imagine what it does to the players on the court. I’ve sat in my car for 20 mins thinking about what the heck I just saw.

I had some late conference calls today and wasn't going to be able to watch the game. I was frequently checking the score and got so upset when we went down by 20, I ended the call to watch the game.

What a freaking come back. I'm not sure if I want to go back and watch the first half, but I'm a little curious how we could have been playing that bad.

After going back and reading through this thread, there's some definite gems in there. Here are two of my favorites:

I don't want to say I called this game, but I called this game.:)

ESPN slobberfest wants us to believe Duke is still in it. They must have gotten their marching orders, "Pump this game up".
Jimmy said, with 2 3's, and 6 free throws, Duke is back in this game.

I’m checking out from this board for a bit (prolly til morning lol)....got an hour and a half drive home that idk if I can do.

Congrats on the win, Duke fans. Nobody gave us a chance. Almost wish it went the way everyone expected. The false hope feels like a dagger piercing in the chest.

I had some late conference calls today and wasn't going to be able to watch the game. I was frequently checking the score and got so upset when we went down by 20, I ended the call to watch the game.

What a freaking come back. I'm not sure if I want to go back and watch the first half, but I'm a little curious how we could have been playing that bad.

After going back and reading through this thread, there's some definite gems in there. Here are two of my favorites:
The sad thing about y'all's come back is that UL started playing really awful, almost like they were trying to lose. My prediction was that UL would shock the nation and they did.

The sad thing about y'all's come back is that UL started playing really awful, almost like they were trying to lose. My prediction was that UL would shock the nation and they did.

They didn’t shock the nation in a good way Della! Lol

Reactions: della
It can always be worse man. You could lose by 20 to a 16-seed. Yet I’m still here talking shit.
You definitely hold the "poster who gives the fewest shits" title, which I respect about you. You typically stay ahead of your adversaries and take more than you give out. All of this while seeming douchey at the surface. It is a hell of a talent and I envy that.

Feel @HRTheCard pain. ****.
Mack has you guys ahead of where anyone expected and you guys are bringing in a top class next season. Not sure who all will be back next season, but your program is going in the right direction. Didn’t think UL would still be competitive just one season after getting rid of Pitino and the AD.

Mack has you guys ahead of where anyone expected and you guys are bringing in a top class next season. Not sure who all will be back next season, but your program is going in the right direction. Didn’t think UL would still be competitive just one season after getting rid of Pitino and the AD.
Thanks bud.

Reactions: Quavarius
After the hour and a half drive home by myself...I still feel like weeping silently in a corner.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quavarius
After the hour and a half drive home by myself...I still feel like crying.

Imagine a college kid driving hour and a half by myself because others couldn’t make it, witness getting up by 23 against a team that is easily the overwhelming favorite to win it all, nationally spoken we didn’t have a shot because of the athleticism mismatch, all to just watch it fade away. Then, on top of that, having to drive by home.

And McDonald’s was closed so I couldn’t stress eat so I had to stop at a gas station, which means I had to talk to someone.

What. A. Night.
Just take solace in knowing regular season games don't matter. Only National Championship games. You can still win.

Imagine being @rockycard right now.
Not at all, if this were football I’d have a much tougher time with it. Our team can definitely play with anyone, but Mack doesn’t have the guards to win much in the tournament this year. In a couple of years, this won’t happen. Thanks for worrying about me though.

At one point ESPN on their Win Probability calculator gave Louisville a 99.9% chance to win. Wow. That’s a collapse of epic proportions.

At one point ESPN on their Win Probability calculator gave Louisville a 99.9% chance to win. Wow. That’s a collapse of epic proportions.

See my screenshot in the Can Louisville beat Duke thread.

Edit: I'll just post it here. That graph in the last five minutes is awesome.

Screenshot_20190212-215801.png

Reactions: Random UK Fan
ADVERTISEMENT