ADVERTISEMENT

Do you hold the door open for strangers?

It won’t pass, so probably not. I’d rather see Louisville secede from Kentucky to be honest, that way all their “precious” tax dollars won’t go to be big bad Louisville. We’ll see how their economic growth goes, as well as their GDP. Also, Matt Bevins a complete moron. As far as California, idrc enough. Sure, I live here, but Calexit won’t happen. If it did, it would certainly hurt the US economy seeing as how large of a market California is.

I feel like Cali would be hurt more by leaving the U.S. than the U.S. would be hurt by losing Cali.

Kudos on the work put into to this post. I appreciate time spent.

I'm sorry for not reading, or caring, but appreciate the time spent.

Good stuff.

Appreciate it. Wasn’t for you:)

The real question is would any of you guys wait to open a door for a
  • Agender (genderless)
  • Androgyne.
  • Bigender.
  • Genderqueer / non-binary.
  • Gender bender.
  • Hijra.
  • Pangender.
  • Third gender. Akava'ine. Bakla. Bissu. Calabai. Fa'afafine. Fakaleiti. Hijra. Kathoey. Khanith. Koekchuch. Māhū Maknyah. Mukhannathun. Muxe. Sworn virgin. Takatāpui. Travesti. Two-Spirit. Winkte

Jesus. Is that all real? I am hoping it isn’t.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
Delusions of grandeur
Can't see your pics Hail.

But to answer your last question, sure, don't see why not seeing as how Mexico owned California at one point.

As for California's market, and having literally the highest GDP of any other state within the Continental US, how exactly would California be hurt if it finally decided to secede?

Reactions: KisteK
After reading that, no, I don't see much name calling (man that was tough to type in a convo with grown men lol). So pertaining to this thread---there isn't much/any truth to saying the dude is calling people names.
So that makes bert a liar in your book, right?

Can't see your pics Hail.

But to answer your last question, sure, don't see why not seeing as how Mexico owned California at one point.

As for California's market, and having literally the highest GDP of any other state within the Continental US, how exactly would California be hurt if it finally decided to secede?

That pic you can't see is my signature.

And good, take all the illegals off our hands. Thanks bub. Surely no problems could arise for you guys there.

I'm not just talking about the market, btw. If you don't see any problems California would face by seceding then you aren't looking at this with open eyes.

That pic you can't see is my signature.

And good, take all the illegals off our hands. Thanks bub. Surely no problems could arise for you guys there.

I'm not just talking about the market, btw. If you don't see any problems California would face by seceding then you aren't looking at this with open eyes.
My eyes are a little closed, I smoked a joint earlier. Yes, all Mexicans are illegal..o_O

I'd rather have a hard working Mexican here than some fat,white mouthbreather, Trumper, collecting welfare checks. That's just me though.

My eyes are a little closed, I smoked a joint earlier. Yes, all Mexicans are illegal..o_O

I'd rather have a hard working Mexican here than some fat,white mouthbreather, Trumper, collecting welfare checks. That's just me though.

I'd rather have a hard working U.S. citizen than an illegal immigrant or a fat, white, mouthing breathing Trumper.

Well. Seems like a lot of Californians are rustled to be part of the US. We'r laughing.
I’m not, I’ve said prior to this idrc. I know a lot of people like to lump a lot of Californians together and create odd hypothesis’ that simply aren’t true. As your boy said, “there’s a lot of wrong on many, many sides

I’m not, I’ve said prior to this idrc. I know a lot of people like to lump a lot of Californians together and create odd hypothesis’ that simply aren’t true. As your boy said, “there’s a lot of wrong on many, many sides
I was just posting a video of a calexit supporter. For comedy reasons. Was lumping all Californians together.

Quoting my Google search:

• Most of California’s biggest businesses are either publicly traded or owned by large holding corporations. All publicly traded companies are listed at NYSE or NASDAQ, both in NYC, thus are owned via NY. Also, most major financial corporations that own Silicon Valley companies are somehow based on TriState (NY-NJ-Connecticut) area.
  • Many corporations are Delaware corporations
  • California’s tech industry and entertainment industry heavily depend on US patent and copyright laws and international treaties that extend their protection throughout the world.
  • California doesn’t have a great defense force of its own
  • California’s industries function on the assumption that they have direct and immediate access to a vast market of 325 million consumers. If California secedes, all business between Cal and rest of USA would be international trade.
  • Many of California’s tech industry has their data centers, factories and resources distributed throughout the US

The cons are so overwhelming for California that I’m going to focus on those. In fact, the cons are so numerous that it would take a book to cover each one, so let me hit on the big ones.

1. California would have to take on its portion of the U.S. national debt, which would be about 12.3% of $20 trillion, or about $2.5 trillion. So California, from day 1, would be $2.5 trillion in debt.
    2. If California were to become independent, it would need to either use the U.S. dollar or it would need its own currency. If it remained on the U.S. dollar it would utilize a currency which would be controlled by a foreign government’s central bank (The U.S. Federal Reserve), which would not consider the state of California’s economy when determining interest rate increases/decreases; this would leave California unable to control its own economic destiny. If California created its own currency then it would have to exercise fiscal discipline. Presently, nearly all U.S. states choose to balance their budgets because they don’t have central banks that can create eternal lines of credit to cover operating deficits as the U.S. federal government can do. As an independent country with its own central bank, at least in the short run, California would no longer be bound by fiscal discipline. If this were to spiral out of control (as it has in many countries, such as Venezuela) due to government over-spending, California’s lack of national credit history might cause drastic devaluation of its currency (a la Venezuela) and hyper-inflation and/or fiscal/economic collapse.
    3. West Virginia was once part of Virginia. When Virginia seceded in 1861 West Virginians, loyal to the union, seceded from Virginia. On an aerial map, California is considerably “red” politically, especially in its agricultural regions. California is presently an agricultural powerhouse (which would give an independent California a strong bargaining chip); however, an independent California would likely not include its “red” rural/agricultural areas as these areas would likely remain with the United States. In fact, an independent California would likely look a lot like present day Chile—long North/South, pressed against the coast line.
    4. Los Angeles’ survival/existence is predicated upon obtaining its water from resources that do not originate in California and that are, in many cases, artificially deployed toward California. One might think a scorned United States would not be too generous with giving its resources to a politically hostile California.
    And the list goes on and on. But the above four items are critical—national debt, currency/fiscal discipline, water resources, and likely loss of agricultural territory. I think an independent California would turn into a banana republic similar to Greece, Venezuela or the U.S. territory of Puerto Rico.

Autonomy is nice. But true independence is difficult. Sure, we have the world’s sixth largest economy. We also have one-third of the nation’s welfare recipients and a gargantuan public debt. Our public schools continue to graduate functional illiterates. The interior of the state is rich with farmland, and yet its poverty rivals that of Mississippi.

And then there’s the question of all that federal property. You don’t think the U.S. government is just going to hand over all of that lovely beachfront property at Camp Pendleton, do you? Or Yosemite National Park?

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Quoting my Google search:

• Most of California’s biggest businesses are either publicly traded or owned by large holding corporations. All publicly traded companies are listed at NYSE or NASDAQ, both in NYC, thus are owned via NY. Also, most major financial corporations that own Silicon Valley companies are somehow based on TriState (NY-NJ-Connecticut) area.
  • Many corporations are Delaware corporations
  • California’s tech industry and entertainment industry heavily depend on US patent and copyright laws and international treaties that extend their protection throughout the world.
  • California doesn’t have a great defense force of its own
  • California’s industries function on the assumption that they have direct and immediate access to a vast market of 325 million consumers. If California secedes, all business between Cal and rest of USA would be international trade.
  • Many of California’s tech industry has their data centers, factories and resources distributed throughout the US

The cons are so overwhelming for California that I’m going to focus on those. In fact, the cons are so numerous that it would take a book to cover each one, so let me hit on the big ones.

1. California would have to take on its portion of the U.S. national debt, which would be about 12.3% of $20 trillion, or about $2.5 trillion. So California, from day 1, would be $2.5 trillion in debt.
    2. If California were to become independent, it would need to either use the U.S. dollar or it would need its own currency. If it remained on the U.S. dollar it would utilize a currency which would be controlled by a foreign government’s central bank (The U.S. Federal Reserve), which would not consider the state of California’s economy when determining interest rate increases/decreases; this would leave California unable to control its own economic destiny. If California created its own currency then it would have to exercise fiscal discipline. Presently, nearly all U.S. states choose to balance their budgets because they don’t have central banks that can create eternal lines of credit to cover operating deficits as the U.S. federal government can do. As an independent country with its own central bank, at least in the short run, California would no longer be bound by fiscal discipline. If this were to spiral out of control (as it has in many countries, such as Venezuela) due to government over-spending, California’s lack of national credit history might cause drastic devaluation of its currency (a la Venezuela) and hyper-inflation and/or fiscal/economic collapse.
    3. West Virginia was once part of Virginia. When Virginia seceded in 1861 West Virginians, loyal to the union, seceded from Virginia. On an aerial map, California is considerably “red” politically, especially in its agricultural regions. California is presently an agricultural powerhouse (which would give an independent California a strong bargaining chip); however, an independent California would likely not include its “red” rural/agricultural areas as these areas would likely remain with the United States. In fact, an independent California would likely look a lot like present day Chile—long North/South, pressed against the coast line.
    4. Los Angeles’ survival/existence is predicated upon obtaining its water from resources that do not originate in California and that are, in many cases, artificially deployed toward California. One might think a scorned United States would not be too generous with giving its resources to a politically hostile California.
    And the list goes on and on. But the above four items are critical—national debt, currency/fiscal discipline, water resources, and likely loss of agricultural territory. I think an independent California would turn into a banana republic similar to Greece, Venezuela or the U.S. territory of Puerto Rico.

Autonomy is nice. But true independence is difficult. Sure, we have the world’s sixth largest economy. We also have one-third of the nation’s welfare recipients and a gargantuan public debt. Our public schools continue to graduate functional illiterates. The interior of the state is rich with farmland, and yet its poverty rivals that of Mississippi.

And then there’s the question of all that federal property. You don’t think the U.S. government is just going to hand over all of that lovely beachfront property at Camp Pendleton, do you? Or Yosemite National Park?

Good post, where’s this from?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT