ADVERTISEMENT

Do you hold the door open for strangers?

Have you ever been on Twitter? People get death threats, called racial slurs, etc. all the time. Doesn't matter if they're black/white, republican/democrat, male/female. Twitter is an absolute shithole and breeding ground for disgusting stuff like this.
Yes, it happens, but it's very disproportionate.

Not related to the discussion, I just thought it was funny.

31290723_823160064556697_5974265068557958008_n.jpg

There are a couple panties that have gotten into a wad here suddenly.

We folks who voted for Trump are a bunch of dumbasses, dipwads, a basket of deplorables, you name it and we are it.
I haven't seen anyone call you that in this thread. We've all been pretty good about discussing issues, not calling people names. (Better than usual, at least.)

Yes, it happens, but it's very disproportionate.
It's really not. I'm not going to prove it to you as you can do it yourself. Just go look through Twitter at anyone in politics. They all get called awful things. Doesn't matter race, religion, color or creed.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
What followed on from that was three weeks where every single day, every hour, every minute, my Twitter mentions were filled with a stream of anonymous threats. Threats of gang rape. Of mutilation. Of being pistol-whipped and set on fire. Of being raped to death with a metal pole. Some threats included an address and phone number they'd dug up. One man tweeted about a gun he'd bought, wondering how much death it would buy him.
Smh. You can’t even flirt anymore in this post #MeToo world without it hitting CNN

It's really not. I'm not going to prove it to you as you can do it yourself. Just go look through Twitter at anyone in politics. They all get called awful things. Doesn't matter race, religion, color or creed.
If by "prove" you mean "look up statistics," I have, and they generally support what I've said: girls, non-white, non-Christian, LGBTQ get it worse.

Apparently you have The Dude1 on ignore.

Wait... what? I called you "a bunch of dumbasses, dipwads, a basket of deplorables" in this thread? Uh... I think you are lying.

Bert, the thing is... you are either a massive snowflake, or a massive hypocrite and liar, and I cannot figure out which it is.

From this exact thread, in order...

Let's look at my crazy personal attacks:

Frankly, I think some conservatives have this radical vision of what a feminist is... some hairy legged, pussy-hat wearing angry lesbian... and have created this bizarre boogeyman that is as much a lefty minority as a neo-nazi is a righty minority.

Whoa. Did I just acknowledge that both sides have boogeymen? That seems fair.

So it might just be that women who see "policeman" and think 'Well, why? Why isn't it police officer, since women put their lives on the line every day in that job?" and they might see it a bit differently than you and I, two younger white males.

Whoops; here I am admitting that I may have the same take as a conservative poster.

Yes, the extreme people have changed our labels. Extreme lefties have made extreme righties all upset about a pretty innocuous term.

Hm... did I just acknowledge extreme lefties?

I don't know, man. Feels like taking a stand for the sake of taking a stand.

Hm. I think I just actually said "I don't know." That's a pretty modest take.

I think the thing is... I likely will use (certain terms) interchangeably too.

Huh. Just acknowledged that I might use the same terms as some conservatives.

Uh... dude, that is completely unreasonable.

And yes, "extreme feminism" is ABSOLUTELY a right wing boogeyman, in the same way that neo nazi militias are a left wing boogeyman; they exist, but their influence is miniscule compared to their influence. I am not sure how you dispute that.

Oh man... I called someone UNREASONABLE. Them's is fighting words!

And then, once again, I acknowledged a left wing boogieman.

Now now, was posting it as a joke, since we happened to be discussing this and I just read this bit. Let’s make sure everyone knows that before anyone goes off the rails. Here, I’ll add a winky face to make sure it’s totally obvious.

And again, me trying to make sure that nobody took something I posted as anything more than a joke.

There are also ways I am not the "stereotype" of a liberal. I enjoy guns and shooting. I think our borders should be militarized. I support Gitmo and that sort of thing (which is a weird one, because conservatives should HATE something that circumvents our legal system, but exactly what is liberal and what is conservative seems to have been warped.) And I hate to admit it, but it's hard for me to call a transgender person the new gender in general discussions.

Of course, most people hopefully realize the difference between a stereotype and the real thing, even if we occasionally struggle with it when we are faced with what appears to be the stereotype. I've struggled with that on occasion.

Hm. Giving some conservative positions I take, and then, on top of it, admitting I struggle with stereotypes, same as anyone else.

So yeah. Pretty vitriolic stuff, right Bert?

Now; let's see your contributions:

The Dude1 has already drank the kool aid.

So, your first shot at me.

The Dude1 regurgitates the liberal talking points without thinking. He then insults folks who disagree with him because he can't posit a reasonable argument.

Your second shot at me.

What a crock of shit.

Nice. You aren't one to call anyone names.

We folks who voted for Trump are a bunch of dumbasses, dipwads, a basket of deplorables, you name it and we are it. We realize that quite well because only a fool would vote for Trump.

But we are the folks who open doors for ladies. We are the folks who work and pay our taxes. Some of us do quite well even with our lower intellect.

I take great pride in being a Trump dumbass. I became a well-paid middle manager in a large corporation. I retired at 53 years old. I am so damned dumb that I bet I still make more money than a whole bunch of smart people on this thread. How in hell can you smart folks live with the fact that an old dumbass like Bert has been successful when he is so fvcking dumb?

Holy shit! I am one dumb dude.SmokinSmileEyerollWinking

Woof. Then this self-congratulatory nonsense... you are the first and only person to call yourself a bunch of dumbasses, dipwads, a basket of deplorables. Only you open doors for people? I literally in this very thread said that I do it, you liar. You pay taxes? We all pay taxes. Surely you know that? Then you call yourself dumb a lot.

Oh. But yeah, when you insulted me a bunch I went all CRAZY and called you a...

...goofy old man.

But yeah... I was slinging around insults and not putting together actual points or arguments because I can't posit a reasonable argument.

So, @Bert Higginbotha...

Are you a knowing liar?

Are you a WAY-too-easy-to-offend little snowflake?

Are you going to coward out and complain about having to read too much?

Or are you MAYBE enough of a gentleman to admit that I didn't actually go after you at all in this thread beyond "goofy" after you went after me, and that you got YOUR panties all in a wad (your words) and started attacking?

Last edited:
Reactions: KisteK
Wait... what? I called you "a bunch of dumbasses, dipwads, a basket of deplorables" in this thread? Uh... I think you are lying.

Bert, the thing is... you are either a massive snowflake, or a massive hypocrite and liar, and I cannot figure out which it is.

Whoops; here I am admitting that I may have the same take as a conservative poster.

And again, me trying to make sure that nobody took something I posted as anything more than a joke.

Hm. Giving some conservative positions I take, and then, on top of it, admitting I struggle with stereotypes, same as anyone else.

Your second shot at me.

Woof. Then this self-congratulatory nonsense... you are the first and only person to call yourself a bunch of dumbasses, dipwads, a basket of deplorables. Only you open doors for people? I literally in this very thread said that I do it, you liar. You pay taxes? We all pay taxes. Surely you know that? Then you call yourself dumb a lot.

But yeah... I was slinging around insults and not putting together actual points or arguments because I can't posit a reasonable argument.

So, @Bert Higginbotha...

Are you a knowing liar?

Are you WAY-too-easy-to-offend little snowflake?

Or are you MAYBE enough of a man to admit that I didn't actually go after you at all in this thread, and that you got YOUR panties all in a wad and started attacking everyone you could?
Wow. Someone is triggered. Poor little bitch boy.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
bert.
Liar?
LOL, Bert has his opinions and usually sticks to them. I'm not sure what this one is all about honestly.......If that means I would have to read all these posts than I'll have to sit it out. Not like my opinion would sway anyones around here.

LOL, Bert has his opinions and usually sticks to them. I'm not sure what this one is all about honestly.......If that means I would have to read all these posts than I'll have to sit it out. Not like my opinion would sway anyones around here.
Reading that one looooooong post from TheDude1 I replied to should do it.

There are a couple panties that have gotten into a wad here suddenly.

We folks who voted for Trump are a bunch of dumbasses, dipwads, a basket of deplorables, you name it and we are it. We realize that quite well because only a fool would vote for Trump.

But we are the folks who open doors for ladies. We are the folks who work and pay our taxes. Some of us do quite well even with our lower intellect.

All smart folks voted for Hillary or Berney, the commie. So, this last election just proves that 30 of the 50 states have more dumbasses living and voting in them than smart folks on the two coasts.

But I do get confused because I just don’t understand how we dumbasses go to college and graduate. Some of us get graduate degrees. Some of us have intellectual property which is supposed to be the province of the left-wing liberals. Some of us start companies. Some of us even can be labeled liberal on most issues. Some of us get promoted into big jobs that pay well. Some of us get to retire early and still live well off past earnings.

I take great pride in being a Trump dumbass. I became a well-paid middle manager in a large corporation. I retired at 53 years old. I am so damned dumb that I bet I still make more money than a whole bunch of smart people on this thread. How in hell can you smart folks live with the fact that an old dumbass like Bert has been successful when he is so fvcking dumb?

How did I figure out life and commerce; then be stupid enough to move and live in fly-over country? I should have stayed on the coast with the smart folks. How did I get so dumb as to vote for Trump, McConnell and Paul?

Holy shit! I am one dumb dude.SmokinSmileEyerollWinking
Agreed.

Reactions: KisteK and bkingUK

Your second shot at me.

So, @Bert Higginbotha...

Are you a knowing liar?

Are you WAY-too-easy-to-offend little snowflake?

Are you going to coward out and complain about having to read too much?

Or are you MAYBE enough of a gentleman to admit that I didn't actually go after you at all in this thread beyond "goofy" after you went after me, and that you got YOUR panties all in a wad (your words) and started attacking?

Kudos on the work put into to this post. I appreciate time spent.

I'm sorry for not reading, or caring, but appreciate the time spent.

Good stuff.

Reading that one looooooong post from TheDude1 I replied to should do it.
After reading that, no, I don't see much name calling (man that was tough to type in a convo with grown men lol). So pertaining to this thread---there isn't much/any truth to saying the dude is calling people names.

The real question is would any of you guys wait to open a door for a
  • Agender (genderless)
  • Androgyne.
  • Bigender.
  • Genderqueer / non-binary.
  • Gender bender.
  • Hijra.
  • Pangender.
  • Third gender. Akava'ine. Bakla. Bissu. Calabai. Fa'afafine. Fakaleiti. Hijra. Kathoey. Khanith. Koekchuch. Māhū Maknyah. Mukhannathun. Muxe. Sworn virgin. Takatāpui. Travesti. Two-Spirit. Winkte

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
  • Agender (genderless)
  • Androgyne.
  • Bigender.
  • Gender bender.
  • Hijra.
  • Pangender.
  • Third gender. Akava'ine. Bakla. Bissu. Calabai. Fa'afafine. Fakaleiti. Hijra. Kathoey. Khanith. Koekchuch. Māhū Maknyah. Mukhannathun. Muxe. Sworn virgin. Takatāpui. Travesti. Two-Spirit. Winkte
I'm pretty sure I couldn't identify them by sight.

• Agender (genderless)
  • Androgyne.
  • Bigender.
  • Gender bender.
  • Hijra.
  • Pangender.
You would have to be wearing a suicide vest or look like you are about to shoot the place up for me not to hold the door open for you. I already said that I even hold the door open for unc fans. How much lower can you take yourself than that.

Are you voting for Calexit?
It won’t pass, so probably not. I’d rather see Louisville secede from Kentucky to be honest, that way all their “precious” tax dollars won’t go to be big bad Louisville. We’ll see how their economic growth goes, as well as their GDP. Also, Matt Bevins a complete moron. As far as California, idrc enough. Sure, I live here, but Calexit won’t happen. If it did, it would certainly hurt the US economy seeing as how large of a market California is.

ADVERTISEMENT