ADVERTISEMENT

Did UNC Basketball Get away with a Loophole?

Did they?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Good point. I've really never had any issues with UNC fans in real life. Granted I've only talked with a few of them more than once living where I do, but they are generally smart basketball fans. Plus, all the ones I've talked to really don't have any issues with UK. Very complimentary, actually.
I just looked but couldn't find it, but there was a UNC fan that visited Rupp to watch a game, he ended up going out to dinner with the fans he met at the game, then going to their home to drink a lot of ky bourbon.

It was published on some sites.

The story is out there about this one UNC fan's trip to Lexington, but I can't find it. sigh.

Reactions: JC43 and JimboBBN
I also live so close to Kentucky that I just know so many UK fans. Most of them are great. There are a number of them I talk basketball with frequently.

I also had a great experience with a bunch of Louisville fans at an NCAAT game once so there is that, haha.

I also live so close to Kentucky that I just know so many UK fans. Most of them are great. There are a number of them I talk basketball with frequently.
I feel like fans of blue bloods are generally going to have more basketball knowledge than your average CBB fan. If that makes me sound like an ass, I don't care

Reactions: LTDukeFan
Found it. But it's since been deleted. He wrote it a while ago.

Just an excerpt.

"If you read no other piece today, make sure it's Danny Nowell's diary of his trip to Lexington for the Kentucky-North Carolina game on hoopspeak.com. From the city's hospitality, to the genuineness of the fans to the atmosphere inside Rupp Arena, Nowell captures what makes Lexington, Kentucky basketball and Rupp Arena so unique. The best part? Nowell is a North Carolina fan. You can read the full story here, but here's an excerpt that is both beautifully written and truly revealing.

"The inside of Rupp is the raddest. It is just the illest possible combination of slick modernism and tradition. We walked by the UK band playing on the concourse, and a mob of people had formed a circle around them, filming and dancing. Nobody said a word to us about our apparel save one person, who called to us as we walked to our seats, “Gonna be a long day for you boys.” We took our seats—literally in the highest row—next to a few gentlemen who had lucked into their tickets that very morning when an uncle of theirs had been called in to perform an emergency dental surgery. They talked to us about the proposed renovations to Rupp, about their favorite UK teams (Rupp’s Runts for the elder, ’98 for the younger) and were generally awesome to us. As the game started, the atmosphere in the building became as electric as any I’ve seen. We in Chapel Hill are as passionate about our Heels, but we carve opponents’ psyches with our condescending dignity; Kentucky concusses you with blunt-force excitement. In Chapel Hill, what concessions there have been made to the modern stadium experience (like the pre-game “Jump Around”) temporarily cut through an excited restraint; Kentucky has honest-to-God fireworks shooting from the rafters. It is awesome, but reserved and tasteful it isn’t. During the game itself, whose particulars I will not comment on except to say that it was an exhausting and elating stretch where every minute movement on the court seemed to draw a thrilled agony from the crowd, I noticed that the Kentucky fans are some of the smartest basketball watchers I have seen. They gasp when Anthony Davis gets missed rolling to the hoop, and they cheer pre-emptively when Doron Lamb curls around a second screen on the baseline. And although I was not exactly a shrinking violet in my support of Carolina, the only time anybody even thought about heckling us was when a 14-year-old in front of us made “three goggles” at me with the peculiar sort of turdishness which is the true domain of 14-year-old boys. After the final buzzer, after John Henson’s shot was blocked and the final five seconds elapsed with the players obviously as stunned and gassed as the crowd, the dentist’s cousins immediately offered their hands and said good game. Ditto three-goggles-turd-boy. And every Kentucky fan within twenty seats. Listen, I am not taking the frustrating fan’s high road when I say that it was impossible for me to be upset as I walked out of that arena. But like I said, the mood was much more celebratory than competitive. The feeling among every person I talked to, Cats fan or Tar Heel, was that the game we’d just sat through precluded any ill will. I think I must’ve heard “We’ll see y’all in March” at least two hundred times. "

Last edited:
I feel like fans of blue bloods are generally going to have more basketball knowledge than your average CBB fan. If that makes me sound like an ass, I don't care

That's probably accurate. I mean, a fan of a big time program has probably followed it pretty obsessively over the years. I am way more invested in college basketball than any other sport. Some random Ole Miss fan probably hasn't been all in on college basketball his whole life.

In general, cbb fans are way more tolerable in person than you will see on an online message board. Quick jabs followed by friendly conversations. I will say fvck Carolina here, where I am much less crude in person. The thing that is really annoying about online fans is the ones that try to interchange rivals. UK fans that hate Duke or UNC more than any other team. Duke fans who would root for UNC over Kentucky. UNC that would root for Duke over Kentucky and so on.

Yeah, I used to live with this dude who was a Duke fan who also kind of liked UNC. I finally badgered him enough about it that he doesn't anymore. He is also a writer though and those are different people.

You're simply not smart enough to make anyone your bitch on here unless maybe you wanted to try to turn AWillie into your own private Gilligan. But he would be the only one you could possibly do that with.

As far as your reasoning for creating a fake wife, it was clearly another lie. You think you can pull the wool over the eyes of everyone on here, but we can all see right through your bullshit lies.

Simply put, you created a fake wife to impress people on this board. It had nothing at all to do with someone getting close to figuring out who you truly were. If that was the case, you would have just had a regular ole avatar instead of keeping a picture of Miss Germany up there. You also didn't HAVE to claim her as your wife either. Hell, why even post anything about your significant other at all?

You did it to gain acceptance.

Stop digging the hole deeper, we can all see through your bullshit.

I’m my own man. No one dictates anything to me. Just because we rolled you in the thread he created doesn’t mean I’ll co sign for anything he does and say.

I’m my own man. No one dictates anything to me. Just because we rolled you in the thread he created doesn’t mean I’ll co sign for anything he does and say.

Yeah, not sure why this is so complicated. Agreeing with someone on something is just that. This guy wants to try desperately to 'get' someone for some sort of personal internet award in his head or something.

I just looked but couldn't find it, but there was a UNC fan that visited Rupp to watch a game, he ended up going out to dinner with the fans he met at the game, then going to their home to drink a lot of ky bourbon.

It was published on some sites.

The story is out there about this one UNC fan's trip to Lexington, but I can't find it. sigh.

Partied about a year ago for a weekend in Lexington (on Midnight Madness coincidentally) and went to Heels game at Louisville last year. Both fanbases were a great time and couldn’t have been more hospitable. Keeneland was sick.

Partied about a year ago for a weekend in Lexington (on Midnight Madness coincidentally) and went to Heels game at Louisville last year. Both fanbases were a great time and couldn’t have been more hospitable. Keeneland was sick.
you better strap on your party boots when visiting Kentucky events...amirte?

I miss home. :oops:

Reactions: JC43 and 829305
It's probably crazy to say, but I'm still getting likes pouring in, and re-reading some of the stuff I posted ITT, kind of makes me cringe.

Moving on and I apologize @uncfan in ky. I feel bad for making fun of you.

There you go again mentioning integrity and honor. If you were a Wake Forest fan I can see it. A UK fan saying those words with the history you have is laughable.

how did you vote in this poll?

BTW most UK fans admit the wrongdoing UK did 30 years ago
why do you lack the honor and integrity to do the same when it concerns UNC?

Reactions: kyjeff1
Oh ya, since Scotty is so damn stupid & cant post a pic. Here’s the pic he’s DYING for you all to see.
3FCBFA56-6C49-4D68-9E85-965FBADA00A6.jpeg

Why would I want to.put you on ignore? I love seeing you flail away in the deep end of the pool knowing you are drowning.

Look out, he’s used the “Caps Lock” button!Laughing

Reactions: kyjeff1
I’ve said it over and over I don’t hate/dislike UNC. I give them hell because of Sugar Tits Te’o and I even told Cory and Archer that when all this scandal stuff came out. One of my best friends is a UNC fan and he’s the one that dared me to do the fake UNC account. Hell he even posted with it a couple times. I’ve stated many times that the only team I “hate” is UL and that’s because I grew up hating them so to speak but I can honestly say the older I get the “hate” just ain’t what it use to be. I just like college basketball and trash talking in a friendly manner. It’s all in good fun to me.

Don’t get mad but I’ve got to go pick up some shoes. I’ll be gone a few hours but I’ll be back soon to help you with your daily fix.
I was gone for a while because my wife arranged for a professional massage for me.

What did your wife do for you today?

Yeah, not sure why this is so complicated. Agreeing with someone on something is just that. This guy wants to try desperately to 'get' someone for some sort of personal internet award in his head or something.
AWillie went beyond just agreeing with UNCfan, he was his Gilligan. It was kind of gross actually.
Heck, you agreed with everything Manti Teo said too, but you don't see me calling you Gilligan do you?

Reactions: Scotty00
Let’s get one thing straight, I’m not going to ask for forgiveness & I never will. I said a few pages back why I did it, if that’s not go good enough for any of you, tough shit. Every person on here is straight random as hell & I honestly don’t care if you like me.
Scotty has straight up been my bitch for years. You can go to RR & search “uncheatinky” & see how many different times he’s talked about me & Accused Other posters of being me. I’ve been in his redneck head for YEARS.
For him to say that nobody gets to him, he has talked about me a lot over the years.
I’m not looking for & wont take an “out”.... why???? Because I don’t care. I’m going to apologize to bunch of random ass “men” on the internet because they got their feeling hurt.

Now, keep talking about The king of trolls, I like the attention!!!!!!!!

Everyone knows who the bitch is Te’o! I’ve been eating you alive long enough and my work here is done. Your own fan base has seen you for what you are and has turned on you. Your attempt at trying to save face has failed and everyone is laughing st you because everyone gave you an out and you just kept on. You need to know that nobody is obsessed with you, you’re like the fat nasty women on the beach in a bikini. You just can’t help looking! Now, today is Saturday and there is a lot of college basketball games on today. Sit back and enjoy the UK game, we all know you’re watching!

We can agree that he is a troll. But you don't really believe that he was simply trolling when he created his wife, do you?

From what I can tell from reading this thread, didn’t he just have a picture of some internet chick as his avatar and then someone axed him if she was his wife and he said yes. Do I have that right?

uncfan comes across as delusional
AWilli comes across as poor
coryfly is an odd person but overall okay.
UNC is normal but can be a bit of a snob
820 is cool

From what I can tell from reading this thread, didn’t he just have a picture of some internet chick as his avatar and then someone axed him if she was his wife and he said yes. Do I have that right?

Are you testing your reading comprehension?

Reactions: PHXDukie
uncfan comes across as delusional
AWilli comes across as poor
coryfly is an odd person but overall okay.
UNC is normal but can be a bit of a snob
820 is cool

I’m only a snob here because that’s what everyone thinks of UNC fans so I play the part.

There is nothing inherently special about UNC, Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, Arizona, etc. They are basketball factories that do what they need to do in order to get kids to their schools. Lesser basketball powers like Florida, Ohio State, Michigan State, etc are no different. It is what it is. Am I supposed to believe, for example, that none of these Duke guys are getting paid somehow? Am I supposed to believe that Marvin Bagley's family wasn't paid by Nike and sent to Duke? And Duke is just an example.

Reactions: dirtyrock15
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT