ADVERTISEMENT

Dick Vitale Tweet

You never once, until now, mentioned this; Hard work by the kid. The whole time you were pumping Cal, and getting SGA drafted.

Oh, and in case you missed it---I found two more:

Zach Lavine and Tyrus Thomas...Winking
I thought the hard work part was pretty obvious.

I agree with you there. Mitchell is incredible.
The SGA stuff went much farther than I intended it to go. I didn't expect such a fight on it. I brought it up and have had to defend it ever since.

I think the reason it got out of hand is because of past discussions, which probably had nothing to do with you. There have been times when some UK fans have flat out stated a kid who chooses to go elsewhere is dumb because they won't get developed as well. They will trash his decision or whatever, which never made sense to me because UK fans should be the most secure about recruiting. So people fight any positive regarding Cal at times though.

Cal is a great coach and puts his guys in great position for success. For every SGA there are other guys to point to who came in big time recruits and didn't 'develop' as well. However, for every guy who maybe didn't go where he wanted there are other guys to point to in Cal's favor as well that he did 'develop'. In truth, I think a coach does little other than put players in position. The rest is up to them. Cal is great at putting his guys in position for sure.

Umm,it took a total of 20 minutes...If that. Google is your friend, my friend.
I'm usually posting between emails. I took over a business a year ago that was in red figures and it's been an uphill battle since day 1. My days usually start at 7am and don't end until after 10. The wireless industry is pretty intense right now.
But again, I'm done with the conversation, I never intended for it to totally engulf the thread, but you keep throwing gas on it.

I think the reason it got out of hand is because of past discussions, which probably had nothing to do with you. There have been times when some UK fans have flat out stated a kid who chooses to go elsewhere is dumb because they won't get developed as well. They will trash his decision or whatever, which never made sense to me because UK fans should be the most secure about recruiting. So people fight any positive regarding Cal at times though.

Cal is a great coach and puts his guys in great position for success. For every SGA there are other guys to point to who came in big time recruits and didn't 'develop' as well. However, for every guy who maybe didn't go where he wanted there are other guys to point to in Cal's favor as well that he did 'develop'. In truth, I think a coach does little other than put players in position. The rest is up to them. Cal is great at putting his guys in position for sure.
Oh I can't disagree with you there. Some UK fans are wound way too tight, it's UK or no way in their eyes and they go nuts just at the thought of UK losing a game or a recruit. I see this with other fanbases too, but not as wide spread.
I also wasn't a part of previous debates on here about this topic. It makes sense as to why the SGA thing got blown out of proportion.

7 pages in and we're at the topic I didn't quite expect but not surprised.

I'm usually posting between emails. I took over a business a year ago that was in red figures and it's been an uphill battle since day 1. My days usually start at 7am and don't end until after 10. The wireless industry is pretty intense right now.
But again, I'm done with the conversation, I never intended for it to totally engulf the thread, but you keep throwing gas on it.
Best of luck. Know all about that.

What else should one expect from a slow, short, unathletic PG?Laughing
Not sure what you're getting at. None of those mean he can't be a very good player. Point was that those aren't exactly the attributes the NBA is targeting.

tenor.gif
Glad you enjoyed it.

Not sure what you're getting at. None of those mean he can't be a very good player. Point was that those aren't exactly the attributes the NBA is targeting.
Ahh, you know what I'm getting at...Coy you are...Very coy.Winking

I don't though. :eek:
Oh...Meh, no biggie. Just find it odd Cal would recruit a slow, unathletic, short PG. He sells the NBA. Green was a Top 15-20 kid. 5*. I'm sure the NBA is a thought----right? Just curious as to what Cal sold him, since the NBA apparently seems out of reach.

Oh...Meh, no biggie. Just find it odd Cal would recruit a slow, unathletic, short PG. He sells the NBA. Green was a Top 15-20 kid. 5*. I'm sure the NBA is a thought----right? Just curious as to what Cal sold him, since the NBA apparently seems out of reach.
Like I said, Cal is going to try to get the best available players when he is trying to fill out a roster. That doesn't mean every single recruit is going to be your prototypical NBA-potential level player. You can't dictate who is in a recruiting class, you have to work with what's there. Green is one of those guys. Yeah, given his limitations it is unlikely that he'll make an NBA roster but if you were him and that was your aspiration don't you think Kentucky would be one of your top choices to at least give you a chance to get there?

Like I said, Cal is going to try to get the best available players when he is trying to fill out a roster. That doesn't mean every single recruit is going to be your prototypical NBA-potential level player. You can't dictate who is in a recruiting class, you have to work with what's there. Green is one of those guys. Yeah, given his limitations it is unlikely that he'll make an NBA roster but if you were him and that was your aspiration don't you think Kentucky would be one of your top choices to at least give you a chance to get there?
Fair...

Literally says, under testimony, they concealed payments from schools and the NCAA. Coaches aren't oblivious to what goes on, but there isn't any concrete evidence, other than Louisville, that any school/coaches knew beyond a reasonable doubt. LOL, this whole thing is crazy yet unsurprising. How this plays out will be very interesting.

As of now. Long way to go. The defense will be doing whatever they can to disprove that. Better hope they don’t have any evidence (texts, emails, phone calls) saved showing that anyone connected to Kansas knew.

Code, Dawkins and Gatto were offered a plea bargain and turned it down btw.

Literally says, under testimony, they concealed payments from schools and the NCAA. Coaches aren't oblivious to what goes on, but there isn't any concrete evidence, other than Louisville, that any school/coaches knew beyond a reasonable doubt. LOL, this whole thing is crazy yet unsurprising. How this plays out will be very interesting.
Too Much Smoke at Kansas. Every year Self has NCAA issues with player eligibility plus he seems to have a lot of rogue players getting into trouble. He has to know something is going on. Otherwise you would have to label him stupid. Now he has the Lawson brothers. They may give him the middle finger like they did Tubby when they left Memphis. Classless individuals.

Too Much Smoke at Kansas. Every year Self has NCAA issues with player eligibility plus he seems to have a lot of rogue players getting into trouble. He has to know something is going on. Otherwise you would have to label him stupid. Now he has the Lawson brothers. They may give him the middle finger like they did Tubby when they left Memphis. Classless individuals.

You're adorable...generalizing an entire fanbase/school. Admittedly, there have been some bad apples, not denying that. But, it's typical of narrow minded people, such as yourself possibly, to lump everyone in on the actions of a few. Give yourself a pat on the back for an excellent take.

Last edited:
You're adorable...generalizing an entire fanbase/school. Admittedly, there have been some bad apples, not denying that. But, it's typical of narrow minded people, such as yourself possibly, to lump everyone in on the actions of a few. Give yourself a pat on the back for an excellent take.

...Are you seriously downplaying the "Too much smoke" statement about Kansas? There has been.... as far back as Josh Selby, which was before all the shoe company scandals (or was it...?). There's been quite a few RECENT issues at KU. Not sure how you can be offended by that...it's not an opinion.

...Are you seriously downplaying the "Too much smoke" statement about Kansas? There has been.... as far back as Josh Selby, which was before all the shoe company scandals (or was it...?). There's been quite a few RECENT issues at KU. Not sure how you can be offended by that...it's not an opinion.

Did you not read my second sentence? "Admittedly, there have been some bad apples, not denying that."

I am not downplaying anything at all. My response to him was not directed about the crap going on with Adidas, clearly there is a problem. I am not some KU homer that thinks we are just a bunch of Angels....this is a very serious situation and many teams/schools should feel a bit anxious right now, including Kansas.

I was just calling out his line that Kansas people are "classless individuals".

Did you not read my second sentence? "Admittedly, there have been some bad apples, not denying that."

I am not downplaying anything at all. My response to him was not directed about the crap going on with Adidas, clearly there is a problem. I am not some KU homer that thinks we are just a bunch of Angels....this is a very serious situation and many teams/schools should feel a bit anxious right now, including Kansas.

I was just calling out his line that Kansas people are "classless individuals".
I think he was specifically talking about just the Lawson brothers.

After last year Cal adjusted his recruiting somewhat. He wants to recruit some players that will be around more than 1 year. Quade is one that fits that bill. He's a good leader, solid player and probably a 4 year guy. He's good enough to get playing time at the 1 and 2 and compete against some very good players in practice. He's going to be a coach on the floor and help bring the freshman along quicker. Its a good get for both parties. He may get some playing time over seas and then probably go into coaching.

Teague and SGA both were recruited for more than 1 year, but sometimes those players are better than thought. Teague had a great tournament run, and SGA just took over mid season.

This year Quickly will be a multi year player. Herro was recruited as a multi year player but if he plays like he did at the Bahamas, he's gone early.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
You're a ridiculous poster. I've tried to be nice and post respectfully to you, but you don't know how to post with respect. No wonder you get a bunch of sh*t from UK fans where you live. You're the common denominator.

giphy.gif

Just to be clear, this is about uncfan in ky (who, in fairness, has a great avatar).

Meeting with an AAU representative/sponsor is very common especially to go over recruits the schools are interested in.

Not at UNC. Didn't you hear? Roy has never even heard of shoes!

These guys are going all in, they know jail time is waiting for someone.
Defense attys hammered Bowen Sr, kinda funny in a way. Feel bad for the kid though.

ADVERTISEMENT