ADVERTISEMENT

Dick Vitale Tweet

Yup---Ive considered that. But Ive also heard the NCAA knew about this whole thing and thats why it took extra time to clear him in the first place. Really, there is nothing Kansas can do but follow what the ncaa tells them to do. I think its a joke if a school can be punished for something they know nothing about-----if it comes out kansas knew---then vacate it.
DeSousa's guardian took money and that is an NCAA violation regardless of whether Kansas knew or not. DeSousa will play this year but not at Kansas. He will most likely play in Europe.

Are uofl fans still going with the "rogue assistant" theory they used last time?

Escobar jurich has bodies buried somewhere...theres no way everything with that school will be uncovered

tenor.gif

People would have to be ignorant to think Self doesn't have an idea. They would also have to be ignorant to think this crap doesn't happen at all the other top college basketball teams. The coaches have an idea. It's all "wink wink nudge nudge" and they keep their plausible deniability.

This just keeps looking worsefor Self and ku. Yikes.

This just keeps looking worsefor Self and ku. Yikes.

Meh this is the first thing that has looked bad for KU and Self. And really didn't provide any substance to the call. It's already been shown that ADIDAS helps with recruiting outside of payments and It's a well known Under Armour and NIKE help their schools as well. Just not a good look saying thank you shortly after a commitment.

Now I fully expect when Gatto and his compatriots take the stand we will hear all about how all the coaches and universities knew about the payments and requested them. It will then be about who do you believe.

"Gassnola responded with a text that said, “In my mind, it’s KU, Bill Self. Everyone else fall into line. Too (expletive) bad. That’s what’s right for Adidas basketball. And I know I’m right. The more you have lottery picks and you happy. That’s how it should work in my mind.” Self replied by text, “That’s how ur (sic) works. At UNC and Duke.” Gassnola answered by saying Kentucky as well. “I promise you I got this. I have never let you down. Except (Deandre). Lol. We will get it right.”

What's going on here?

Reactions: HRTheCard
"Gassnola responded with a text that said, “In my mind, it’s KU, Bill Self. Everyone else fall into line. Too (expletive) bad. That’s what’s right for Adidas basketball. And I know I’m right. The more you have lottery picks and you happy. That’s how it should work in my mind.” Self replied by text, “That’s how ur (sic) works. At UNC and Duke.” Gassnola answered by saying Kentucky as well. “I promise you I got this. I have never let you down. Except (Deandre). Lol. We will get it right.”

What's going on here?

I believe that’s referred to as hearsay in the legal world. Assuming someone wanted that struck off the record it likely would have been unless he has direct evidence, text messages voice recordings etc.

I’m no attorney though. @Mark Gastineau would know better than I.

Last edited:
Eh. It’s just another “KU looks shady” quote that’s come from all of this. I won’t really be concerned until there’s some sort of smoking gun evidence.
I wouldn't worry until the NCAA said or did something directly @ KU. Same for all the schools mentioned.

This is a trial of individuals. Who cares if someone goes to jail, as long as it doesn't affect my favorite team.

Eh. It’s just another “KU looks shady” quote that’s come from all of this. I won’t really be concerned until there’s some sort of smoking gun evidence.

C'mon man.. As a KU fan i get that you dont' want to think that your coach is dirty.. But level with me, do you honestly think that Self is clean here? That he's some kind of babe in the woods (Goodfellas reference).?

It's super obvious that Self had actual knowledge of Adidas buying players for him and was vaguely communicating via text about paying recruits. I'm not judging KU and Self because I think this is happening at most programs.. But there is some serious denial here if you aren't concerned by what's happening.

Reactions: kl40504
C'mon man.. As a KU fan i get that you dont' want to think that your coach is dirty.. But level with me, do you honestly think that Self is clean here? That he's some kind of babe in the woods (Goodfellas reference).?

It's super obvious that Self had actual knowledge of Adidas buying players for him and was vaguely communicating via text about paying recruits. I'm not judging KU and Self because I think this is happening at most programs.. But there is some serious denial here if you aren't concerned by what's happening.
https://forums.rivals.com/threads/does-your-school-cheat.119448/

I started this thread many years ago and was the first one to respond with "yes" in the poll. So yes, I've always assumed there was cheating going on with Self and crew.

And yeah, I'm not really too concerned. I mean I don't like it but I only follow it when others post stuff on the matter. I've kind of gotten to the point as a fan where no matter what happens, I know that Kansas will always be good at basketball and nobody can take away their past accomplishments from my memories. But again, I don't like them being caught up in this at all but there's nothing I can do about it. At the end of my life, worst case scenario when looking back is KU gets in trouble around 2020 and misses out on some tournaments while losing some wins/postseason accolades. Actually worst case scenario is they turn into Indiana but my point above remains.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

I started this thread many years ago and was the first one to respond with "yes" in the poll. So yes, I've always assumed there was cheating going on with Self and crew.

And yeah, I'm not really too concerned. I mean I don't like it but I only follow it when others post stuff on the matter. I've kind of gotten to the point as a fan where no matter what happens, I know that Kansas will always be good at basketball and nobody can take away their past accomplishments from my memories. But again, I don't like them being caught up in this at all but there's nothing I can do about it. At the end of my life, worst case scenario when looking back is KU gets in trouble around 2020 and misses out on some tournaments while losing some wins/postseason accolades. Actually worst case scenario is they turn into Indiana but my point above remains.

Makes sense. I get it.. I follow this because care about college bball and i'm fascinated by this whole investigation. We've all known for a long time that this stuff was going on, but it's out in the open now and I'd like to see, a much as possible, how it all works and how widespread it is. I kind of want to see the world burn and hoping this spreads to the Nike schools too. I would hope the end result would be the NCAA having to do something drastic to change things other that some half ass committee changing rules that will have no affect on any of this stuff.. but i doubt that's going to happen.

Regardless, this sheet is fun to follow.

Reactions: schoonerwest
^
Head back to the main board or your hb little dude. You’re not cut out for this, clearly.

Does it bother you that UL is not involved?
Our face is constantly on the dartboard, so no haha. The only thing left to **** us over completely is the death penalty, which we might get because the NCAA clearly hates us with a passion. I say **** it, don’t comply with these foolios.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Our face is constantly on the dartboard, so no haha. The only thing left to **** us over completely is the death penalty, which we might get because the NCAA clearly hates us with a passion. I say **** it, don’t comply with these foolios.

I think the NCAA hated Porcini, not Louisville. I probably would too

Makes you wonder about guys like Josh Selby who’d only consider Adidas schools.

Makes you wonder about guys like Josh Selby who’d only consider Adidas schools.

Plenty of guys that narrowed their list to only Nike and only Adidas that I know off the top of my head

“I’m NIKE bound” the day that he canceled his Louisville visit and cut his list to four.

Yup and one of those included Oregon.

Edit: We might not be talking about the same person.

Last edited:

Be careful assuming this...I'm seriously not trying to be an asshole here. But, I distinctly remember a conversation I had with my dad in 93 after IU had lost to KU in the elite 8. I was a 14 yr old kid that was sad that I had just seen the last game that Calbert cheaney and his class would ever play for IU and my dad looked at me and said...."don't let it get you down, in the next 10 or 15 years Knight will have won a couple more championships and you'll forget about all of this". I remember going to bed being okay because I knew.....IU was always going to be this good.

I've spent the last 25 years waiting for even a couple final 4s....let alone championships lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT