ADVERTISEMENT

Dick Vitale Tweet

Be careful assuming this...I'm seriously not trying to be an asshole here. But, I distinctly remember a conversation I had with my dad in 93 after IU had lost to KU in the elite 8. I was a 14 yr old kid that was sad that I had just seen the last game that Calbert cheaney and his class would ever play for IU and my dad looked at me and said...."don't let it get you down, in the next 10 or 15 years Knight will have won a couple more championships and you'll forget about all of this". I remember going to bed being okay because I knew.....IU was always going to be this good.

I've spent the last 25 years waiting for even a couple final 4s....let alone championships lol
See my last line. Becoming Indiana would be worst case scenario. God that would suck. No offense.

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
Be careful assuming this...I'm seriously not trying to be an asshole here. But, I distinctly remember a conversation I had with my dad in 93 after IU had lost to KU in the elite 8. I was a 14 yr old kid that was sad that I had just seen the last game that Calbert cheaney and his class would ever play for IU and my dad looked at me and said...."don't let it get you down, in the next 10 or 15 years Knight will have won a couple more championships and you'll forget about all of this". I remember going to bed being okay because I knew.....IU was always going to be this good.

I've spent the last 25 years waiting for even a couple final 4s....let alone championships lol

I guess the thing working in Kansas’ favor is that they’ve only had 8-9 head coaches and maybe only 2-3 sucked. History is on KU’s side regarding this topic. They usually get it right when it comes to hiring a decent coach.

See my last line. Becoming Indiana would be worst case scenario. God that would suck. No offense.
1952 to 1988---36 years
1988-2008----20 years(counting)
2008---?????

Pat 65 years---2 titles.

I mean, you kinda of already are.Laughing

Lets see about that in a few months.......Winking
No matter what happens in a few months, it will still be better to be a fan of Kansas than it will to be a fan of Indiana.

Congrats on your upcoming 23-10 season with a Round of 32 exit. I know that’s pretty big for you guys.

I guess the thing working in Kansas’ favor is that they’ve only had 8-9 head coaches and maybe only 2-3 sucked. History is on KU’s side regarding this topic. They usually get it right when it comes to hiring a decent coach.
Some how this tagged me

2j33dde.png

I'm hammered, but still speak truths.

Sucks ass @LetsGoDuke301 quit posting.

Everyone knows the ****ers that run him off is shit. they add nothing to the board.
@ me fa@@ots.​

Last edited:

Dude, trust me.....its miserable most times!

Up until the day Knight was fired....IU had been pretty damn good with finding basketball coaches! However, when the president wants to make sure that that athletic program moving forward, is always a very distant 2nd to academics....you get Mike Davis and Tom Crean!

What's crazy, is the coach who was hired between those 2 clowns was actually a phenomenal coach! I have zero doubt that we would have been back to multiple final 4s if he didn't know how to use a phone. Granted, Kelvin Sampson was a sleazy cheater who didn't care if all the players failed. Apparently, as we're finding out, it doesn't matter if your program cheats...so, I guess IU was just being snobbish to think something as silly as grades and phone calls are a fireable offense.

Although, I have absolutely zero doubt that if KS was still the coach, as a Adidas school, IU would have been front and center right now in a certain court room.

I'm hammered, but still speak truths.

Sucks ass @LetsGoDuke301 quit posting.

Everyone knows the ****ers that run him off is shit. they add nothing to the board.
@ me fa@@ots.​

I've been away for a few days, so I didn't realize he had quit posting. But, since all the fun stuff has been banned, its dead around here. Theres only so much basketball you can talk about during the offseason! Another forum ruined

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I've been away for a few days, so I didn't realize he had quit posting. But, since all the fun stuff has been banned, its dead around here. Theres only so much basketball you can talk about during the offseason! Another forum ruined
It's getting weird. so much obsession on certain posters. f*ck teams, lets talk about posters.

Reactions: jace46555
I have no doubt that every top 25 player is pre bought by shoe companies. The question is , did Nike make Davis go to UK at the request of Cal or did Davis have options.

I’ve always been told that players are paid by shoe companies but Nike has too many schools to please to demand a player goes to a certain school so they tell recruits that it has to be a Nike school and let’s them choose

Reactions: AZWLDCATFAN
I have no doubt that every top 25 player is pre bought by shoe companies. The question is , did Nike make Davis go to UK at the request of Cal or did Davis have options.

I’ve always been told that players are paid by shoe companies but Nike has too many schools to please to demand a player goes to a certain school so they tell recruits that it has to be a Nike school and let’s them choose
This is how it goes—I mean....they want flagship schools to have a stocked cupboard, but any one of their sponsored schools is ideal.

Hell ya. That dude loves me.
I read that sh!t once a week, I love it. It's like 90% of the forum hates Zipp, and he keeps rinse,wash,repeating. Steelers let that board go to sh!t, but ul_1986 gives them hell on a regular basis it seems.
BP GHOST is a female?

Still don't see it, but Ghost is hoe. Almost as dumb as Zipp. I love rustling both of them, but I seem to get to BPGhost moreso than Zipp. Zipp just ignores my posts for the most part.

BPGhost has reached @zipp levels of toolish.
IDK man, @zipp is in a league of his own. They broke the mold when they created that guy.
If there is more than one zipp, we're all screwed. I just hope he has never reproduced.
Could you imagine him raising kids and releasing them out into the world? Yikes.
Old ladies would be getting shoved into pools all over the world.

Reactions: JC for 3
ADVERTISEMENT