ADVERTISEMENT

Dick Vitale Tweet

Bad look for Kansas and self.

Unlikely all of this was all happening without Self knowing anything.

Bad look for Kansas and self.

Unlikely all of this was all happening without Self knowing anything.

I doubt Self was oblivious to this going on as well. But the trial do far comes out saying the staff had no knowledge of any payments. Adamant in the fact. Self had to have had an idea but everything said and what KU did last year with Preston makes KU look good at the moment.

Reactions: KisteK
I doubt Self was oblivious to this going on as well. But the trial do far comes out saying the staff had no knowledge of any payments. Adamant in the fact. Self had to have had an idea but everything said and what KU did last year with Preston makes KU look good at the moment.

I think that goes a long way.

You're adorable...generalizing an entire fanbase/school. Admittedly, there have been some bad apples, not denying that. But, it's typical of narrow minded people, such as yourself possibly, to lump everyone in on the actions of a few. Give yourself a pat on the back for an excellent take.
You seem to have some problems every year. Time to recognize something is going on.

You seem to have some problems every year. Time to recognize something is going on.
Something going on like........signing higher risk kids and providing them with a stable environment to mature in? Sometimes it works---sometimes its bumpy....sometimes it fails.

Reactions: 5thGenJayhawk

agree about Preston but the de Sousa thing kind of dilutes that good faith a bit, imo.. I think the Final Four is vacated after the NCAA is allowed to jump on this stuff and i don’t see any way de Sousa plays this year unless KU just says f*ck it which wouldn’t make sense. Then if the NCAA applies their Jedi logic and assumes Self is guilty based on info given in statements under oath, he could be gone.

KU fans, if De Sousa can't play, how will that affect your squad? It looks like depth might be an issue.

agree about Preston but the de Sousa thing kind of dilutes that good faith a bit, imo.. I think the Final Four is vacated after the NCAA is allowed to jump on this stuff and i don’t see any way de Sousa plays this year unless KU just says f*ck it which wouldn’t make sense. Then if the NCAA applies their Jedi logic and assumes Self is guilty based on info given in statements under oath, he could be gone.
The last sentence isn't even viable in a Mizzou fans head.

DeSousa's eligibility was 100% dictated by the NCAA and Kansas followed their lead on what to do. Kansas will play DeSousa if the NCAA says its okay to---and they will sit him if told so. Simple as that. The FBI testimony actually bolsters Kansas's position of doing nothing wrong---even if guardians were running amuck. Not sure what a school is supposed to do.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
KU fans, if De Sousa can't play, how will that affect your squad? It looks like depth might be an issue.

Next man up...Lightfoot/McCormack. I am pretty excited about what I hear with McCormack. He's in great shape now, has better bounce and a pretty soft touch within 3-4 feet. Always been a nice rebounder. K. Lawson will play a bunch too.

We can always go small ball as we have the last couple years as well.

That said, it's a prepare for the worst and hope for the best when it comes to DeSousa and all this mess.

Reactions: kyjeff1
The last sentence isn't even viable in a Mizzou fans head.

DeSousa's eligibility was 100% dictated by the NCAA and Kansas followed their lead on what to do. Kansas will play DeSousa if the NCAA says its okay to---and they will sit him if told so. Simple as that. The FBI testimony actually bolsters Kansas's position of doing nothing wrong---even if guardians were running amuck. Not sure what a school is supposed to do.

Mandatory post. NCAA told Memphis, twice, it was ok to play Derrick Rose.

Yup---Ive considered that. But Ive also heard the NCAA knew about this whole thing and thats why it took extra time to clear him in the first place. Really, there is nothing Kansas can do but follow what the ncaa tells them to do. I think its a joke if a school can be punished for something they know nothing about-----if it comes out kansas knew---then vacate it.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Yup---Ive considered that. But Ive also heard the NCAA knew about this whole thing and thats why it took extra time to clear him in the first place. Really, there is nothing Kansas can do but follow what the ncaa tells them to do. I think its a joke if a school can be punished for something they know nothing about-----if it comes out kansas knew---then vacate it.

Strict compliance, except when not. The NCAA way. Should just replace their logo with a shrug emoji.

You're adorable...generalizing an entire fanbase/school. Admittedly, there have been some bad apples, not denying that. But, it's typical of narrow minded people, such as yourself possibly, to lump everyone in on the actions of a few. Give yourself a pat on the back for an excellent take.
Well if KS basketball goes down it doesn't look like there will be a 6th Generation jhawk. Well I guess there is always football.

So no one at UofL knew about the 100K payment. Other tweet said only people that did were Merl, Gatto, Dawkins, and Gassnola.

So far only thing UofL is on the hook for is the $1300 rent payment by KJ allegation.

I imagine KJ will deny because it’s his word vs Bowen Sr. word unless there is some proof to be shown in the future.

1 year ago today the narrative was that Pitino was the main orchestrator for the payments.

Strict compliance, except when not. The NCAA way. Should just replace their logo with a shrug emoji.
Its def a common occurence that stuff like this goes on--but guys like Self, Cal, K Roy---while they know it exists---they would never involve themselves in this---nor would their assistants dare bring it up to them. These guys are making 5-10 million a year and literally have 9000 things to do. If they somehow want to take away the F4 and some wins---so be it. If it ever came out that kansas actually knew and had payments made---hammer us, b/c thats not what cbb should be.

It's far more complicated than that with Rose. Memphis was informed shortly after Rose enrolled that his SAT scores and grades along with other teammates at Simeon High school were under investigation. Memphis did their own investigation that involved a questioning of Rose and determined Rose was good to go. Memphis did not inform the NCAA of this issue. Shortly after the 2008 season the NCAA informed Memphis that his SAT scores were thrown out by the Education Testing Services and he was retroactively ineligible pending investigation. Memphis originally lied to the NCAA about knowing about Rose's questionable test scores. Then later let the NCAA know that they knew that Rose's SAT scores were under investigation before the season began. Rose also did not cooperate with the NCAA in their investigation. All of this led to Rose being ruled ineligible and Memphis losing their banner.

I actually think its huge---particularly when you find out the amount of back/forth communication that happened bt kansas and the ncaa. Ku covered its ass and went with exactly what the ncaa said to do.
What did the NCAA say to do?

Something going on like........signing higher risk kids and providing them with a stable environment to mature in? Sometimes it works---sometimes its bumpy....sometimes it fails.
And sometimes you cheat to get them.

If the NCAA knew de Sousa’s guardian got money and they okay’d him to play anyways...just wow. Lot of programs gonna be pissed. The favoritism wouldn’t exactly be shocking given their history though.

Not at all. He would be coming of the bench. We are turbo deep at the 4/5. You never want to lose a guy with his talent and potential, but we are stacked at his position.

Yeah I was gonna say the same thing. Depth isn't a huge issue this year but DeSousa will still be a huge factor if he is allowed to play.

If the NCAA knew de Sousa’s guardian got money and they okay’d him to play anyways...just wow. Lot of programs gonna be pissed. The favoritism wouldn’t exactly be shocking given their history though.
I don't believe that for one sec, as of 2012, the new rule states..

Under NCAA Bylaw 12, the rule now states that:

" ... an agent is any individual who, directly or indirectly, represents or attempts to represent an individual for the purpose of marketing his or her athletics ability or reputation for financial gain ..."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT