ADVERTISEMENT

Can we take a minute and LOL at DeMarcus Cousins?

We paid the price. i mean hell we have you bringing it back up 30 years later. So its only fair UL pays a price for 30 years for this stuff right?
Hey, it still happened. You throw around vitriol like programs being “crooked”, yet your program wasn’t exactly squeaky clean in two different decades.

Dude... he turned that deal down before he hit free agency. Once he hit free agency, the Pels didn’t call him back. That’s what created such bad blood there.

That’s his fault. How much more could he want than $40 million with an injury barely anyone recovers from! How could he have expected much more?

$40 mil to $5 mil. Ring chased. He had to have known that he wasn’t getting any better than $40 million as a F/A fresh off an Achille’s injury. No ring. Value now way down. Etc.

Hey, it still happened. You throw around vitriol like programs being “crooked”, yet your program wasn’t exactly squeaky clean in two different decades.

our program never gave prostitutes to children ... We also didnt steal millions from the state by manipulating an arena deal to be completely 1 sided. 2 things that are far far worse than offering players money in the 80's or shaving pts in the 50's

Reactions: kyjeff1

Damn, he might get paid and a ring after all. Who knows the future in absolutes? Laughing

Warriors odds had to shoot up since this morning because Lakers were 4-1 this AM. Prolly because of KT news about definitely resigning. Durant will prolly sign his 1 year player option of what, $30 million? They don’t have to give KT a supermax now though.

That’s his fault. How much more could he want than $40 million with an injury barely anyone recovers from! How could he have expected much more?

$40 mil to $5 mil. Ring chased. He had to have known that he wasn’t getting any better than $40 million as a F/A fresh off an Achille’s injury. No ring. Value now way down. Etc.

Cousins ruptured his Achilles playing 40 minutes in a game for a team he helped lead to a great playoff spot. He was in line for the super max that year, and the team basically offered him a 2 year extension on his current contract at the time. Basically, asking him to take a ~30% haircut on what he would have gotten otherwise.

In hindsight, it may have been foolish to turn that down. But at the time, I don’t think it was that outlandish to want to entertain other offers.

Regardless, it’s not accurate to say that he turned down the 40M in lieu of 5M from GS to “ring chase”. When he took the GS offer, his options were severely limited, and that’s part of the reason he only got $5M. If that $40M was still on the table, he might have taken it.

Just b/c there's a few UL fans ITT and I don't want to start a thread.

He said he'll never return to Kentucky right before he came back to watch one of his horses, but now it's his infamous, "I'll never, Best ever", quotes he's known for. Just a guess, I think UL fans dislike Pitino more than UK fans since he's no longer coaching UL.

EDIT: wait, I wonder if Pitino knows he's about to get slammed from his co-author Forde and he's getting out ahead of it? hmmm. "never returning to college coaching". It's probably just a coincidence and UL has nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
our program never gave prostitutes to children ... We also didnt steal millions from the state by manipulating an arena deal to be completely 1 sided. 2 things that are far far worse than offering players money in the 80's or shaving pts in the 50's
Lol children. Also, you can cry about the Yum all you want but if Kentucky as a whole didn’t suck off the teet of Louisville’s GDP, it would be a nothing burger. Lastly, cheating is cheating. Having some strippers in a dorm didn’t make any of our players better. Virtue signal all you want, but our program isn’t some crime organization. We complied with the ncaa, cleared house and they’re still being ****s. So **** them. The Brian Bowen thing was dogshit too, seeing as how there was no proof of the 100.000$ being paid to him or his family. Just a 1300$ reciept for the galt house. You need to quit being so naive, if you think most high level teams aren’t cheating.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Lol children. Also, you can cry about the Yum all you want but if Kentucky as a whole didn’t suck off the teet of Louisville’s GDP, it would be a nothing burger. Lastly, cheating is cheating. Having some strippers in a dorm didn’t make any of our players better. Virtue signal all you want, but our program isn’t some crime organization. We complied with the ncaa, cleared house and they’re still being *****. So **** them. The Brian Bowen thing was dogshit too, seeing as how there was no proof of the 100.000$ being paid to him or his family. Just a 1300$ reciept for the galt house. You need to quit being so naive, if you think most high level teams aren’t cheating.

Wasn't there some fbi recording? Was that about Bowen or something else? I've honestly been lost in all the details. "If it's not UK..." amirite?

Reactions: UL_1986

b8d.gif

I'm so bored at work right now. I wish I was on eastern time so I would get off an hour earlier. I just really need my wife back,and less impacted bowels.

dude had it made (twice) in the state of Kentucky.I'm glad he loves their fans for making him feel special.
All love for Rick here. Dude is a hell of a coach who just kept making stupid mistakes that ultimately costed our program big time. However, I don’t dislike the guy, I just think his choices were misguided. Oh well. He’s still a legend.

i find strange that some on here hating the OAD would say a player should take the money for one year over a legit shot at a championship

All love for Rick here. Dude is a hell of a coach who just kept making stupid mistakes that ultimately costed our program big time. However, I don’t dislike the guy, I just think his choices were misguided. Oh well. He’s still a legend.
Hall of Famer.

He has 4 banners in Rupp. (4th one is his own).

254zkad.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: UL_1986
Cousins ruptured his Achilles playing 40 minutes in a game for a team he helped lead to a great playoff spot. He was in line for the super max that year, and the team basically offered him a 2 year extension on his current contract at the time. Basically, asking him to take a ~30% haircut on what he would have gotten otherwise.

In hindsight, it may have been foolish to turn that down. But at the time, I don’t think it was that outlandish to want to entertain other offers.

Regardless, it’s not accurate to say that he turned down the 40M in lieu of 5M from GS to “ring chase”. When he took the GS offer, his options were severely limited, and that’s part of the reason he only got $5M. If that $40M was still on the table, he might have taken it.

Idk how one can expect to tear an achilles and think they are getting a supermax. $40 million was more than fair. Would he have taken $5 million from any other team besides the Warriors? Heck no.

Wasn't there some fbi recording? Was that about Bowen or something else? I've honestly been lost in all the details. "If it's not UK..." amirite?

Jordan Fair was deemed entrapped in his entire situation, so I believe that was thrown out. If they can’t use the wiretaps talking about Zion and KU since those were thrown out as well, don’t think they (NCAA) can use Fair’s. No transaction either way.

Bowen’s dad on day 1 and 2 said no one at UofL gave him any money or knew about anything. Then, after his long time thinking over the weekend, LOL, it turned into a “maybe” Kenny Johnson gave him $1300. KJ has denied it and LaSalle and whomever vetted him, so he’s currently coaching there still.

Dawkins, the main guy, said at trial that no one at UofL knew about anything.

Wait, so we're trashing players now for turning down big money in the hopes of winning a title???

So, we're no longer trashing guys that care more about money than success???

I'm not saying that's what Cuz was doing, but this is an odd thing to make fun of someone for.

Louisville fans gonna Louisville fan I guess.

Wait, so we're trashing players now for turning down big money in the hopes of winning a title???

So, we're no longer trashing guys that care more about money than success???

I'm not saying that's what Cuz was doing, but this is an odd thing to make fun of someone for.

Louisville fans gonna Louisville fan I guess.
Are we going to have to reaffirm every post made ITT, Jeff? My lord. The guy turned down a 40 million dollar contract to take an 1/8th of it to ultimately not win a ring on a team hoping to three peat with 5 other superstars. It’s funny, end of story. Not that difficult to grasp, yet I know you Kentucky guys will defend it tooth and nail. Look at any Instagram or twitter post regarding the championship. Most of everyone is low key making fun of his decision. It is what it is. Learn to laugh.

Reactions: HRTheCard
hopefully when a kid decides to come back to college for a chance to win a championship we can all depend on most of you to make fun of him for turning down the money for a chance to win a championship

i find it very hypocritical considering most players would be commended for self sacrifice for the sole purpose of winning a championship

i guess being unselfish is a reason to LOL

Lol you guys seem to be taking this too much to heart. It’ll be okay.

Lol you guys seem to be taking this too much to heart. It’ll be okay.

not really taking it to heart
i just do not understand why some take a hypocritical view of someone sacrificing millions in hopes of winning a championship
most players would be commended for doing that

did you LOL when Nwora decided to come back to school instead of moving on and taking the money?
do you think any fan LOL's when a player says no to the money and comes back

Are we going to have to reaffirm every post made ITT, Jeff? My lord. The guy turned down a 40 million dollar contract to take an 1/8th of it to ultimately not win a ring on a team hoping to three peat with 5 other superstars. It’s funny, end of story. Not that difficult to grasp, yet I know you Kentucky guys will defend it tooth and nail. Look at any Instagram or twitter post regarding the championship. Most of everyone is low key making fun of his decision. It is what it is. Learn to laugh.

This thread had nothing to do with Kentucky and everything to do with Demarcus Cousins, until, to no surprise, Kentucky fans tied the 2 together.

Taking all of the bias out, most NBA fans on twitter, here, etc all see what he did and how cheap it was.

not really taking it to heart
i just do not understand why some take a hypocritical view of someone sacrificing millions in hopes of winning a championship
most players would be commended for doing that

did you LOL when Nwora decided to come back to school instead of moving on and taking the money?
do you think any fan LOL's when a player says no to the money and comes back
Man, it’s tough for you guys to laugh. Nwora wasn’t a superstar with a 40 million dollar contract, he’s a college kid wondering if he was going in 1st or second round. Weird comparison. DC made a dumb decision and didn’t get a ring on one of the greatest teams of all time. He’s punching the air rn, but he will be okay. I think he goes to Lakers.

This thread had nothing to do with Kentucky and everything to do with Demarcus Cousins, until, to no surprise, Kentucky fans tied the 2 together.

Taking all of the bias out, most NBA fans on twitter, here, etc all see what he did and how cheap it was.
They can’t help themselves.

Man, it’s tough for you guys to laugh. Nwora wasn’t a superstar with a 40 million dollar contract, he’s a college kid wondering if he was going in 1st or second round. Weird comparison. DC made a dumb decision and didn’t get a ring on one of the greatest teams of all time. He’s punching the air rn, but he will be okay. I think he goes to Lakers.

look i get it
it is Cousins and the Warriors, neither are widely loved
but to LOL at someone that wants a championship so bad that he left tens of millions on the table in hopes of that championship is very hypocritical

does Nwora come from a family wealthy enough that a million a year or so means nothing?
if not then you should be LOLing him

look i get it
it is Cousins and the Warriors, neither are widely loved
but to LOL at someone that wants a championship so bad that he left tens of millions on the table in hopes of that championship is very hypocritical

does Nwora come from a family wealthy enough that a million a year or so means nothing?
if not then you should be LOLing him
Why do you keep bringing up Nwora lol? So arbitrary.

Why do you keep bringing up Nwora lol? So arbitrary.

Comparing a college kid (Nwora) to Demarcus Cousins situation. RollLaugh I think I’ve seen it all now. What a joke that ‘argument’ is.

EJ Montgomery would’ve gotten drafted. Guess he and Demarcus Cousins did the same thing.

Good one.JFC. Keep going and explain your hate boner more. I don't think UK fans understand the perception you're trying to repeat over and over. o_O

You're biased, we get it.

I get having an opinion but repeating it doesn't make it fact. It's still just an opinion. I like your dedication to the topic and will like all your posts.Thanks bud.

Last edited:
just one example of a player that turned down the money that you and others should be LOLing
In some opinions, Cousins can do nothing right. The bitterness is sweet. They have a warped perception to which they're willing to go to bat over. Just look.

Just curious,I really don't know.Did any UL players have anything meaningful happen this postseason? I've been so caught up talking about Cousins I've must have missed it. TIA

I know Pitino won his first title since 1996.

I almost hate picking low hanging fruit.

ADVERTISEMENT