ADVERTISEMENT

Can we take a minute and LOL at DeMarcus Cousins?

Whew, tell me about it. It’s a daily occurrence with some of your brethren.
Right? Here I thought this whole thread was just a cheap troll, and some ppl really believe it. Crazy.

*note, don't look up huge asshole gifs on google

Reactions: UL_1986
Wow. It's hard to argue with that logic. smh.

good stuff. I hope that was satire.

The timelines don't even match up, but ok.

If you take out the Kentucky bias then you would see it from an NBA perspective and how much of a joke it was to do what he did. Worse than KD. This has nothing to do with college teams, period. Stop making it that way.

DC turned down 40 million after his injury to proceed to take 5 million from GS to get a ring. That’s a joke.

He absolutely killed his potential value by settling for 35 million less. He also showed how vulnerable he is after injury by coming back earlier.

Like it or not, that’s the timeline. All it takes is a simple search to find out that the Pelicans had an offer for him AFTER his injury, but he chose the easy ring path and $5 million.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quavarius
If you take out your stupid Kentucky bias then you would see it from an NBA perspective and how much of a joke it was to do what he did. Worse than KD. This has nothing to do with college teams, period. Stop making it that way.

DC turned down 40 million after his injury to proceed to take 5 million from GS to get a ring. That’s a joke.

He absolutely killed his potential value by settling for 35 million less. He also showed how vulnerable he is after injury by coming back earlier.

Like it or not, that’s the timeline. All it takes is a simple search to find out that the Pelicans had an offer for him AFTER his injury, but he chose the easy ring path and $5 million.
Hey man. I get you have an opinion. We'll agree to disagree.

Reactions: Hank_
Per Bleacher Report:

Four-time All-Star DeMarcus Cousinsapparently left a lot of money on the table before agreeing to a one-year contract with the Golden State Warriors.

The New York Times' Marc Stein reported Cousins turned down a two-year, $40 million deal from the New Orleans Pelicans. The offer came during the 2017-18 season after Cousins suffered a torn Achilles.

According to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, Cousins will sign a one-year, $5.3 million contract with the reigning NBA champions.

Cousins told The Undefeated's Marc J. Spears he didn't receive any "significant contract offers" before deciding on a move to Golden State.

When he declined New Orleans' two-year deal, Cousins likely felt confident he can play his way into an even bigger contract this time next summer, and he might be able to do just that with the Warriors.

Let’s not act like he didn’t have an offer. Dude would’ve made 40 million in 2 years, yet wanted to join a team of superstars like a snake, and ultimately failed to grab a ring. Spin it however you want, but it’s not like he was a G league candidate.

Reactions: HRTheCard
Per Bleacher Report:

Four-time All-Star DeMarcus Cousinsapparently left a lot of money on the table before agreeing to a one-year contract with the Golden State Warriors.

The New York Times' Marc Stein reported Cousins turned down a two-year, $40 million deal from the New Orleans Pelicans. The offer came during the 2017-18 season after Cousins suffered a torn Achilles.

According to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, Cousins will sign a one-year, $5.3 million contract with the reigning NBA champions.

Cousins told The Undefeated's Marc J. Spears he didn't receive any "significant contract offers" before deciding on a move to Golden State.

When he declined New Orleans' two-year deal, Cousins likely felt confident he can play his way into an even bigger contract this time next summer, and he might be able to do just that with the Warriors.

Let’s not act like he didn’t have an offer. Dude would’ve made 40 million in 2 years, yet wanted to join a team of superstars like a snake, and ultimately failed to grab a ring. Spin it however you want, but it’s not like he was a G league candidate.
Sorry, stopped reading at "per bleacher report". ;)

I get the angle. Lebron's Decision comes to mind. Except he didn't turn down a whole bunch of money like Cousins did. He was more direct and upfront about wanting to get a ring.

Like I said earlier, I'm surprised he was able to come back at all. I thought when he was injured a second time in the playoffs he'd be done for sure. Cousins has been used to hate and doubters his whole life, and due to Kentucky being a Cousin lovin' state, he was perfect for us.

Sorry, stopped reading at "per bleacher report". ;)

I get the angle. Lebron's Decision comes to mind. Except he didn't turn down a whole bunch of money like Cousins did. He was more direct and upfront about wanting to get a ring.

Like I said earlier, I'm surprised he was able to come back at all. I thought when he was injured a second time in the playoffs he'd be done for sure.
But you’ll eat up a documentary on Showtime lol. Look, I hope Boogie finds a team and ultimately recovers. He can still hold this L though joining a team of superstars, hoping to grab an easy ring.

The LeBron comparison is silly. He had Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade and a couple nice role players. GS had the splash brothers who already had built a dynasty with Draymond, along comes KD (probably second or third best player in league) then cousins joins once they’re trying to 3 peat. Huge apples to oranges comparison. Carry on though.. lol

But you’ll eat up a documentary on Showtime lol. Look, I hope Boogie finds a team and ultimately recovers. He can still hold this L though joining a team of superstars, hoping to grab an easy ring.
ehh...he's not the first to do so.

If you take out your stupid Kentucky bias then you would see it from an NBA perspective and how much of a joke it was to do what he did. Worse than KD. This has nothing to do with college teams, period. Stop making it that way.

Oh, FFS....

Do another “simple search” and find out if those two offers were on the table at the same time.

Oh, FFS....

Do another “simple search” and find out if those two offers were on the table at the same time.

Was he or was he not offered $40 mil to stay with the Pelicans AFTER his injury? Chose to turn it down and took a $5 million 1 year deal to ring chase.

“Four-time All-Star DeMarcus Cousinsapparently left a lot of money on the table before agreeing to a one-year contract with the Golden State Warriors.

The New York Times' Marc Stein reported Cousinsturned down a two-year, $40 million deal from the New Orleans Pelicans. The offer came during the 2017-18 season after Cousins suffered a torn Achilles. ”

Regardless of it being Bleacher Report, they are using sources to type the article. It’s not BR that’s the source. Anyways, this is my angle and has been my angle the whole time.

He turned down 40 million after his injury and took a 5 mil deal for GS. He killed his value by doing that, Ring chased, didn’t win a ring, and showed that he’s not ready to be the same player before his injury.

Reactions: UL_1986
Elaborate
Are you suggesting Cousins invented the idea of going to another team that gives him a shot a title?

Are you suggesting him taking less money is a bad thing for an athlete to do?

Again, I thought this whole thread was satire and you were just trolling.

Are you suggesting Cousins invented the idea of going to another team that gives him a shot a title?

Are you suggesting him taking less money is a bad thing for an athlete to do?

Again, I thought this whole thread was satire and you were just trolling.
No, but GS was already on their way to a 3 peat before Boogie even arrived in the Bay. How is that relevant to LeBron when he left the Cavs for Miami?

Was he or was he not offered $40 mil to stay with the Pelicans AFTER his injury? Chose to turn it down and took a $5 million 1 year deal to ring chase.

“Four-time All-Star DeMarcus Cousinsapparently left a lot of money on the table before agreeing to a one-year contract with the Golden State Warriors.

The New York Times' Marc Stein reported Cousinsturned down a two-year, $40 million deal from the New Orleans Pelicans. The offer came during the 2017-18 season after Cousins suffered a torn Achilles. ”

Regardless of it being Bleacher Report, they are using sources to type the article. It’s not BR that’s the source. Anyways, this is my angle and has been my angle the whole time.

He turned down 40 million after his injury and took a 5 mil deal for GS. He killed his value by doing that, Ring chased, didn’t win a ring, and showed that he’s not ready to be the same player before his injury.

Dude... he turned that deal down before he hit free agency. Once he hit free agency, the Pels didn’t call him back. That’s what created such bad blood there.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Is this where we say "you got him. He's messed up. No going back now?". It's official now right? :D

Perceptions are fun.

Swop deserved it....... the shoving and sh*t talking UL was doing all game to try and lure UK players into technicals was bush league. best part about it was having the refs in our back pocket to not call a T on the elbow shove to Swops head... Ref probably thought Swop deserved it is my guess.

Swop deserved it....... the shoving and sh*t talking UL was doing all game to try and lure UK players into technicals was bush league. best part about it was having the refs in our back pocket to not call a T on the elbow shove to Swops head... Ref probably thought Swop deserved it is my guess.
That’s part of the game, if you’ve ever played basketball things get chippy. However slamming your forearm over someone once they’re already down on the grown trying to get the ball is Bush league. Not surprised though seeing how Boogie acted later on in the league. He is an emotional lesbian after all. Laughing

That’s part of the game, if you’ve ever played basketball things get chippy. However slamming your forearm over someone once they’re already down on the grown trying to get the ball is Bush league. Not surprised though seeing how Boogie acted later on in the league. He is an emotional lesbian after all. Laughing

Elbows happen going for loose balls. the game is rough . I like how the refs know which team is big brother though. Even the NCAA knows to make UL forfeit the games that UL wins every once in a while in the rivalry Laughing

Elbows happen going for loose balls. the game is rough . I like how the refs know which team is big brother though. Even the NCAA knows to make UL forfeit the games that UL wins every once in a while in the rivalry Laughing
The ncaa is crooked and biased. Supporting them is basically like pledging your allegiance to Hitler.

IIRC, Cousins punched his HS coach. I'm surprised they let him around kids as Santa.

The ncaa is crooked and biased. Supporting them is basically like pledging your allegiance to Hitler.

Well the NCAA is about to roast UL alive in an oven.......I can see why your biased against the NCAA. but to be fair......... UL was also badly corrupt.

Reactions: JC for 3
Well the NCAA is about to roast UL alive in an oven.......I can see why your biased against the NCAA. but to be fair......... UL was also badly corrupt.
You sound like kl right now. You must’ve forgot how crooked UK was during the Sutton Era.

You sound like kl right now. You must’ve forgot how crooked UK was during the Sutton Era.

We paid the price. i mean hell we have you bringing it back up 30 years later. So its only fair UL pays a price for 30 years for this stuff right?

Will there be a meltdown if we don’t get hammered? “Others”seem to be more invested than our own fans. Says a lot..Winking
I was making a holocaust joke. my bad. I once asked a Japanese guy to apologize for Pearl Harbor. He didn't find it funny, but they started it.

ADVERTISEMENT