ADVERTISEMENT

Can we take a minute and LOL at DeMarcus Cousins?

Raptors aren't going to win all 3 games in Oakland. This will come down to game 7 back in Toronto, regardless of Durant's status, IMO.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
If you watched a team lose a series because two of their best players suffered major injuries, and your first thought was “I need to go bump this ignorant ass thread on a message board because it means this other injured athlete also didn’t win”, you really need to get laid.

Toronto is really good, but they don't have anyone that could check a healthy KD. Him not sure anyone does, but GS certainly wouldn’t be down 3-1 if they had a healthy KD.

But yeah, it must suck to he D. Cousins. His bank account only has a few Million in it.

Money isn't everything, but it's damn close.
So what you're saying is Curry is overrated. Yes I agree.

Hate to see Klay and KD get injured, but that’s part of the game. If Chris Paul didn’t go down last year in the WCF, the Warriors weren’t winning that series. Same thing could be said about Kawhi’s injury two years prior vs GS in the WCF. People are acting like this is the first time a team in the playoffs have been plagued with injuries. Also, lol at Demarcus Cousins desperately trying to get a ring, joining an already loaded Warriors team with 5 other all stars, and still failing. FTR I watched practically every game in the playoffs. I bumped the thread because it was relevant and funny, sorry it rustled your jim jams.

Hate to see Klay and KD get injured, but that’s part of the game. If Chris Paul didn’t go down last year in the WCF, the Warriors weren’t winning that series. Same thing could be said about Kawhi’s injury two years prior vs GS in the WCF. People are acting like this is the first time a team in the playoffs have been plagued with injuries. Also, lol at Demarcus Cousins desperately trying to get a ring, joining an already loaded Warriors team with 5 other all stars, and still failing. FTR I watched practically every game in the playoffs. I bumped the thread because it was relevant and funny, sorry it rustled your jim jams.
It's pretty nuts a player tries to get a ring. Can you imagine the thinking that goes into that? o_O

Cuckoo cuckoo, amirite? He showed that line of thinking early on by going to UK instead of....Alabama. It's like he's just chasing greatness for some reason.

ConsciousCloseBumblebee-small.gif

Next thing we'll know is Davis leaves the Pelicans for a better chance.

It's pretty nuts a player tries to get a ring. Can you imagine the thinking that goes into that? o_O

Cuckoo cuckoo, amirite? Hey showed that line of thinking early on by going to UK instead of....Alabama.
Joining an already loaded warriors team that’s won 3/5 past finals is such a lame route to take. I get you guys love cousins for obvious reasons, but that move was far worse than when KD joined the warriors. At least KD helped them win a couple championships by playing throughout each series. Sure, I get it... cousins was hurt and that sucks because the dude is a pro athlete and loves the game/wants to be out there. However, coming back in the finals series of the playoffs when you’re not 100% was risky and somewhat dumb for the longevity of his basketball future, just to get a ring that he low key didn’t even deserve. Idk. Kinda wack. Cousins will cousins though.:confused:

Joining an already loaded warriors team that’s won 3/5 past finals is such a lame route to take. I get you guys love cousins for obvious reasons, but that move was far worse than when KD joined the warriors. At least KD helped them win a couple championships by playing throughout each series. Sure, I get it... cousins was hurt and that sucks because the dude is a pro athlete and loves the game/wants to be out there. However, coming back in the finals series of the playoffs when you’re not 100% was risky and somewhat dumb for the longevity of his basketball future, just to get a ring that he low key didn’t even deserve. Idk. Kinda wack. Cousins will cousin though.
Damn, that's one way to look at it. If he really wanted to take the easy route, he could have just sit out instead of trying to play. That was definitely desperate on his part.

*I'm trying to hold a straight face*.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Damn, that's one way to look at it. If he really wanted to take the easy route, he could have just sit out instead of trying to play. That was definitely desperate on his part.

*I'm trying to hold a straight face*.
There certainly wasn’t any outside media pressure for him to play..o_O

Also, sitting on the bench and getting a ring is so admirable. Hell, Jeremy Lin just got a ring before Cousins. Jeremy Lin> Demarcus Cousins Winking

Anthony Davis would help a team regardless win a championship. He is way more valuable than a washed up Cousins. He more than likely wouldn’t join a team with 5 other all stars either and take a massive pay cut to ultimately not get a ring..o_O

You’re catching on, Lurk. How dare you expose my bias!
Hey ul, I have a friend who owns a record store in Encinitas. He's putting us up for a week at his place, and wondering how far you are from it? Aren't you around the San Fran area? It's probably too far, but still curious.

Reactions: UL_1986
Hey ul, I have a friend who owns a record store in Encinitas. He's putting us up for a week at his place, and wondering how far you are from it? Aren't you around the San Fran area? It's probably too far, but still curious.
Yep I’m in East Bay, Norh of Berkeley. I think Encinitas is more Southern California. Otherwise I’d say come over and let’s have some beers.

This entire thread stems from a joke that Moss cracked, because he believed, like it seems you do, that Cousins turned down all of these lucrative offers to go ring chase in the Bay.

That is 100% false. And if you want to pull receipts on that, please feel free.

Those calls never came. And he didn’t want to be in a situation coming back from the worst injury a big man can have, where he would have to be scoring option number one, so the GS arrangement made sense.

Ultimately, you have a situation where an awful, untimely injury cost a guy tens of millions of dollars. And now, it’s funny that he played through a second injury to try and help his team win, and fell short?

IDGAF where he went to college. That’s gross, dude.

Reactions: kyjeff1 and remc
This entire thread stems from a joke that Moss cracked, because he believed, like it seems you do, that Cousins turned down all of these lucrative offers to go ring chase in the Bay.

That is 100% false. And if you want to pull receipts on that, please feel free.

Those calls never came. And he didn’t want to be in a situation coming back from the worst injury a big man can have, where he would have to be scoring option number one, so the GS arrangement made sense.

Ultimately, you have a situation where an awful, untimely injury cost a guy tens of millions of dollars. And now, it’s funny that he played through a second injury to try and help his team win, and fell short?

IDGAF where he went to college. That’s gross, dude.
Your crocodile tears are fascinating. Stop with the holier than thou bs, it’s pretty transparent. I’ve already stated it sucks for anyone to get injured.

Your crocodile tears are fascinating. Stop with the holier than thou bs, it’s pretty transparent. I’ve already stated it sucks for anyone to get injured.

It’s okay to admit that you’re wrong. A ton of people believed it at the time, and still do.

Showtime did a documentary on it. Catch it if you’re bored sometime.

It’s okay to admit that you’re wrong. A ton of people believed it at the time, and still do.

Showtime did a documentary on it. Catch it if you’re bored sometime.
I get you’re sticking up for your boy, but...

giphy.gif

There was no justification for what KD and DC did. However, at least KD got the same amount of money he would have gotten anywhere else. DC turned down 40 mil with the Pelicans to take a 1 year, 5 mil deal just to get a ring. That is a joke. An absolute joke. And now, with his playoff play, he’s shown that the injury is still effecting him pretty well so he likely won’t get a huge deal had he taken more time off. So not only did he lose 35 million, but he didn’t get a ring and on top of that, he’s also losing future deals because of the way he went with it. Triple whammy.

Should’ve signed with the Pelicans, rested more, and returned when he was ready. But he was fishing for an easy ring.

Jodie Meeks and Jeremy Lin got the last laugh

Wow. It's hard to argue with that logic. smh.

good stuff. I hope that was satire.

The timelines don't even match up, but ok.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hank_
I've learned it's best to let ppl stay wrong instead of educating them. I'm still working on it, but I'm getting better at shrugging off nonsense.
Whew, tell me about it. It’s a daily occurrence with some of your brethren.

ADVERTISEMENT