ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari

You will have to live with the fact that Barnes always flames out in the Big Dance. If he couldn't take the best team in Tennessee history to the Final Four what chance does he have of ever doing it?
I suppose when you run out of things to say, you just repeat yourself, right KL? Laughing

I'm totally happy with Barnes kicking UK's ass and not winning the NCAA tourney. Are you happy with Barnes kicking UK's ass and not winning the NCAA Tourney? Does Rupp's old wins keep act as a salve to sooth those wounds?

More often than not? Going by what timeline? Let me guess, you wanna use the last two years right? Let’s go back ten years and see how that plays out!
Let's use Barnes tenure, cause he is the coach and that matters.
You can live 10 years ago, cause the living today ain't so kind to you is it?:D

So timeframing....ok. Since that's a loser's argument, go ahead and run with that.

The truth can continue to live in the all-time series, here in the real world, while you live in your little fantasy land.

....this thread puts a BRIGHT spotlight on UT fans' (at least one of them anyway) clear lack of understanding what success is in college basketball.
It gives more of a bright spot on the expression, "Resting on one's laurels".Laughing

So timeframing....ok. Since that's a loser's argument, go ahead and run with that.

The truth can continue to live in the all-time series, here in the real world, while you live in your little fantasy land.
I live in today, I'll wait for you here.Laughing

....pretty lame laurel you're resting on... ONE Elite 8 in your ENTIRE history.
Let me define the meaning for you JC.
What's the meaning of the phrase 'Rest on one's laurels'?
To be satisfied with one's past success and to consider further effort unnecessary.Laughing

You live in a bubble with limits/boundaries that you put in place.
You live in an ancient world of past glories, but refuse to face the realities of today. Sad really.

Let me define the meaning for you JC.
What's the meaning of the phrase 'Rest on one's laurels'?
To be satisfied with one's past success and to consider further effort unnecessary.Laughing

It takes some level of past success to be considered one of the top programs in CBB. With the huge lack of said success at UT, that's why they're not considered as such. Comprende'?

I suppose when you run out of things to say, you just repeat yourself, right KL? Laughing

I'm totally happy with Barnes kicking UK's ass and not winning the NCAA tourney. Are you happy with Barnes kicking UK's ass and not winning the NCAA Tourney? Does Rupp's old wins keep act as a salve to sooth those wounds?
At least you admit you are aware of history and at least UK has a great history in basketball while UT has no history. It is evident you are so jealous of UK history in Basketball and Alabama history in football that you want to act like history doesn't matter. Just read the NCAA record books. Evidently history does matter or there would be no records listed. Just get used to sucking hind tit to UK in basketball and Alabama in football. That will not change.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
It takes some level of past success to be considered one of the top programs in CBB. With the huge lack of said success at UT, that's why they're not considered as such. Comprende'?
However, I have never made any claim to UT being a Blue Blood. Why is that so hard for you to understand? Not only have I not made any claim, I have claimed we are not. So, your comment it stillborn.:(

However, I have never made any claim to UT being a Blue Blood. Why is that so hard for you to understand? Not only have I not made any claim, I have claimed we are not. So, your comment it stillborn.:(
So glad you recognize UT's place in college basketball history.

At least you admit you are aware of history and at least UK has a great history in basketball while UT has no history. It is evident you are so jealous of UK history in Basketball and Alabama history in football that you want to act like history doesn't matter. Just read the NCAA record books. Evidently history does matter or there would be no records listed. Just get used to sucking hind tit to UK in basketball and Alabama in football. That will not change.
Though I am aware of history and don't deny it, you seem unable to accept the present. You need to work on that.

The only thing that is evident is that you are jealous of UT's recent success against the Cats.

No, it is Blue Cat Killers. Kinda catchy don't you think?:)
I actually like the name. I like that you are so jealous of the Cats that you feel you need to give us a name that will only last until next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: della
Blue Cats are a type of fish, Della.
My husband is an avid fisherman, I know. I refuse to cook Catfish or Crappy. I'll cook all the trout, snapper, dolphin, grouper, hogfish, and tuna he can catch. If he will smoke Mackerel, I'll make fish dip.

Reactions: kl40504
We had a good year. UK finished 2nd in the SEC regular season. Got a 2 seed. Went to the elite eight for the 34th time.

UK had a much better season than Tennessee.

Barnes can't hold Cals jock strap Della. They are not in the same league. RollLaugh

We had a good year. UK finished 2nd in the SEC regular season. Got a 2 seed. Went to the elite eight for the 34th time.

Barnes can't hold Cals jock strap Della. They are not in the same league. RollLaugh
To be fair, they are in the same Conference.
Maybe one day Barnes can get into the HOF with his success against UK/Calipari.

I never claimed that UT is a Blue blood. I have only insinuated that UK is now a "Bruised blood".Laughing
When you're old enough to be an original member of Blue Bloods, an Elite 8 does bruise a little.

When your program grows up, you'll understand what the elders are talking about.

raw

But, he can kick his ass. Btw, that is COY Barnes to you.:D

UT is a never blood. They never had it; they don't have it and they never will have it. jumpingsmile
I thought you were afraid to talk about the present or future? UT had a better record that UK, did not suffer the type of humiliating defeats UK did and beat them head to head. Game, set, match.:D

When you're old enough to be an original member of Blue Bloods, an Elite 8 does bruise a little.

When your program grows up, you'll understand what the elders are talking about.
Good get use to those bruises until further notice.:p

I thought you were afraid to talk about the present or future? UT had a better record that UK, did not suffer the type of humiliating defeats UK did and beat them head to head. Game, set, match.:D

....not hardly. Elite 8 > Sweet 16. Given your lack of experience in this area, we'll let this oversight slide.

raw

But, he can kick his ass. Btw, that is COY Barnes to you.:D

You had the coach and player of the year. It did not do your school any good. They got whipped in the sweet sixteen. Those awards are meaningless.

Remember last year Williams was the POY and it did not improve his draft numbers at all. Those kids at Kentucky have already made millions and they were not POY.

Will Williams ever get drafted? Eyeroll

Last edited:
You had the coach and player of the year. It did not do your school any good. They got whipped in the sweet sixteen. Those awards are meaningless.

Remember last year Williams was the POY and it did not improve his draft numbers at all. Those kids at Kentucky have already made millions and they were not POY. Will Williams ever get drafted? Eyeroll

He needs to work on his defense. His doesn't translate too well to the NBA.

A 20 point loss to Auburn is not humiliating? Hell a 4 point loss to Auburn should have been humiliating. It sure was for UK even though we had beaten them twice before.

Hell, Tennessee lost to Kansas geeze. UK beat UT 17 and took all sorts of measures not to run the score up, contrary to what Barnes does.

Flame out. A team that was number one for weeks can't win but two games in the NCAA.Laughing

Reactions: kl40504
My husband is an avid fisherman, I know. I refuse to cook Catfish or Crappy. I'll cook all the trout, snapper, dolphin, grouper, hogfish, and tuna he can catch. If he will smoke Mackerel, I'll make fish dip.
Della you are a woman of many talents. Of course a basketball expert is not one of them,

ADVERTISEMENT