ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Boeheim Continues to be an Idiot

PA_Panther

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2010
I've never seen anyone walk back comments faster than this clown. I'm sure Carmelo didn't get any money while he was at Syracuse. This is rich coming from a dude that got busted for cheating and had over 100 wins vacated.

“This is an awful place we’re in in college basketball,” Boeheim said, per Thamel. “Pittsburgh bought a team. OK, fine. My [big donor] talks about it, but he doesn’t give anyone any money. Nothing. Not one guy. Our guys make like $20,000. Wake Forest bought a team. Miami bought a team. … It’s like, ‘Really, this is where we are?’ That’s really where we are, and it’s only going to get worse.”

“He’s wrong. He’s one thousand percent wrong,” Forbes said, via Matt Norlander of CBS Sports. “I don’t have one player on my team that got NIL to come here. That's a fact. I’ve NEVER had a player come here for NIL.”

I've never seen anyone walk back comments faster than this clown. I'm sure Carmelo didn't get any money while he was at Syracuse. This is rich coming from a dude that got busted for cheating and had over 100 wins vacated.

“This is an awful place we’re in in college basketball,” Boeheim said, per Thamel. “Pittsburgh bought a team. OK, fine. My [big donor] talks about it, but he doesn’t give anyone any money. Nothing. Not one guy. Our guys make like $20,000. Wake Forest bought a team. Miami bought a team. … It’s like, ‘Really, this is where we are?’ That’s really where we are, and it’s only going to get worse.”

“He’s wrong. He’s one thousand percent wrong,” Forbes said, via Matt Norlander of CBS Sports. “I don’t have one player on my team that got NIL to come here. That's a fact. I’ve NEVER had a player come here for NIL.”

Educate yourself on what the ‘cheating’ was.

fwiw, he was wrong about Pitt and Wake. He shouldn’t have said what he said.

But don’t come in hot like you know what you’re talking about or that Brandin Knight has some inside info.

Educate yourself on what the ‘cheating’ was.

fwiw, he was wrong about Pitt and Wake. He shouldn’t have said what he said.

But don’t come in hot like you know what you’re talking about or that Brandin Knight has some inside info.
So you’re saying that a guy who played against Syracuse… Coached at Pitt under Jamie Dixon for a long time and recruited against Boeheim… has no clue what took place at Cuse…

oh-sure-john-candy.gif

Reactions: bschulter and JRMSU
So you’re saying that a guy who played against Syracuse… Coached at Pitt under Jamie Dixon for a long time and recruited against Boeheim… has no clue what took place at Cuse…

oh-sure-john-candy.gif

0.0 chance Brandin Knight knows who was or wasn’t paid. Believe what you want I guess.

The NCAA investigation into Cuse covered the time period Knight played. If guys were getting paid it would have come out.

Instead, the investigation found that Fab Melo had a paper about his own life edited to get a passing grade, Billy Edelin made minimum wage to officiate YMCA games (only a violation because the NCAA wasn’t told beforehand), and the AD didn’t call parents when players failed drug tests for recreational drugs (seriously, that’s the part of the policy they didn’t follow).

Knight is either talking about the Edelin thing or he’s talking out of his ass. At no point in his coaching career was he targeting or losing out on players Cuse got.

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I believe its time Jimmy called it a career......Otherwise, he's eventually gonna say someting really bad.

I believe its time Jimmy called it a career......Otherwise, he's eventually gonna say someting really bad.
The stuff he says in the press conferences is the most entertaining part of the team.

Either way, yeah, this season or next will probably be his last. Cuse has practically no targets or commits for 2023, which could be an indication he’s hanging it up (so we don’t lose a bunch of commits right away).

Reactions: IUfanBorden
The stuff he says in the press conferences is the most entertaining part of the team.

Either way, yeah, this season or next will probably be his last. Cuse has practically no targets or commits for 2023, which could be an indication he’s hanging it up (so we don’t lose a bunch of commits right away).
Is McNamera the next guy up or will they do a full search?

Is McNamera the next guy up or will they do a full search?

Nobody knows. The hope is that they go get fresh blood, primarily a recruiter familiar with the big northeast cities. Cuse has the good fortune of being one of the few profitable basketball programs so they can pay a pretty penny.

I don’t think the fans would support going with anybody on the current staff. Which isn’t to say the school won’t do that anyway.

Nobody knows. The hope is that they go get fresh blood, primarily a recruiter familiar with the big northeast cities. Cuse has the good fortune of being one of the few profitable basketball programs so they can pay a pretty penny.

I don’t think the fans would support going with anybody on the current staff. Which isn’t to say the school won’t do that anyway.
Speedy Claxton has Hofstra rolling there is your Boeheim replacement

Bernie Fine’s gonna be the next Syracuse coach I’m sure of it. In 2035 when boeheim dies on the court.

Boeheim’s got more skeletons in his closet and under his car than anyone left in college basketball. It’s hilarious when he tries to play moral high ground

Bernie Fine’s gonna be the next Syracuse coach I’m sure of it. In 2035 when boeheim dies on the court.

Boeheim’s got more skeletons in his closet and under his car than anyone left in college basketball. It’s hilarious when he tries to play moral high ground

Oh, enlighten us about the skeletons.

Syracuse is a dead irrelevant program right now. With recruiting in the toilet
I can’t imagine being a Syracuse fan and having that old, nose picking, senile idiot continue to hold the program hostage. Playing practically 100% zone in today’s basketball is akin to coaching malpractice.

Reactions: cdbearde

I heard whispers that Rick Pitino will go hard after both Syracuse and St John’s openings if and when they occur. Your thoughts?

I heard whispers that Rick Pitino will go hard after both Syracuse and St John’s openings if and when they occur. Your thoughts?

Very conflicted. He’s dirty, but so was JB, technically. On the flip side, he has connections to Syracuse, comes from Boeheim’s coaching tree, plays an exciting brand of basketball and can recruit. But he’s also old and Cuse fans had plenty of beef with him at L’ville.

I feel like sentiment is leaning toward a younger coach on the rise. Nate Oats would have been perfect if Boeheim retired a few years ago.

Reactions: yoshukai
Pfft. Pitino isn't much younger than Boeheim. Who wants a short-term rental you know you'll have to replace again in a few years?

The thought right now is that Boeheim has tanked the reputation of Syracuse as a good basketball program. Pitino would probably win immediately. If he does that for a few years, Cuse’s on-court reputation improves and then they can go get somebody long-term. They might even be able to tryout an assistant for Pitino and promote.

Very conflicted. He’s dirty, but so was JB, technically. On the flip side, he has connections to Syracuse, comes from Boeheim’s coaching tree, plays an exciting brand of basketball and can recruit. But he’s also old and Cuse fans had plenty of beef with him at L’ville.

I feel like sentiment is leaning toward a younger coach on the rise. Nate Oats would have been perfect if Boeheim retired a few years ago.
Well from an outsider , I would think Syracuse could take Oats from Alabama.

The thought right now is that Boeheim has tanked the reputation of Syracuse as a good basketball program. Pitino would probably win immediately. If he does that for a few years, Cuse’s on-court reputation improves and then they can go get somebody long-term. They might even be able to tryout an assistant for Pitino and promote.
Eh, I think program perception/reputation is mostly about who is in charge (AD and head coach). That's why Louisville fired their AD when they fired Pitino. Trying to clean house and clean up the perception of the program. Unfortunately for them it kind of backfired because the program has been a shitshow ever since.

Eh, I think program perception/reputation is mostly about who is in charge (AD and head coach). That's why Louisville fired their AD when they fired Pitino. Trying to clean house and clean up the perception of the program. Unfortunately for them it kind of backfired because the program has been a shitshow every since.

Being a shitshow is the fear. For all of his faults, Pitino wins. He’s probably the safest bet to keep the W’s from slipping any more. Going with a younger coach brings with it a lot of uncertainty.

Sean Miller is another name who could probably win right away but also comes with baggage.

Well from an outsider , I would think Syracuse could take Oats from Alabama.

I think he has a $4 million per year extension offer from Bama through 2029 or something like that.

Cuse can beat $4M a year but it would be a matter of buying him out and convincing him to leave a school he just committed to long term.

ADVERTISEMENT