ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=401119821

18 versus 20 just like I said. Plus it was not on a neutral court. There were 5 times more UK fans in Nashville than UT fans contrary to what you promised. Laughing I may be a goofball but I can read.

Additionally, Tennessee was getting their asses handed to them in the first game because we had our complete team. They were trying to get back into the game.

You are triggered. I now know how to do it. RollLaugh
https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/tennessee-volunteers-kentucky-wildcats-201903160292/
Check again chump.

I didn't promise anything, but the Vols delivered and there were a lot fewer UK fans on the next day.:D

"Triggered"?, you sound like one of these kids.Eyeroll

Facts again Della.
Last year he started calculating teams' home court advantage by comparing the differences in how they perform in conference home games versus conference road games. The ratings right now are based on a little over 3 seasons worth of conference games.
Of the top 50 schools who have what Kenpom calculates to be the biggest home court advantage, 10 are from the SEC. This isn't too shocking to me as I've always felt like the difficulty of SEC road games was underrated by a lot of folks.

What's more interesting, however, is when you look at some of the components of what goes into his analysis. In particular, the difference in foul calls at home versus on the road. Of the top 25 schools who receive the most favorable home treatment from refs, 10 are from the SEC. That's insane.

And Kentucky is not one of those ten, which I'm sure is not that shocking to many of you. UK ranks 34th, so in general, we get a more favorable whistle at home. However, it's just not as much as 10 of our conference mates. A little more consistency in the officiating between home and road games is probably something that would benefit UK significantly.

So for any of you who complain that we don't seem to get the same types of calls at home as other teams do, there's some data that indicates you may be right and not simply a crazy UK fan.

The Vols were one of the ten.
Where are the stats?

You have been proven wrong again Della. Maybe you should go to bed. I remember you said after Tennessee lost you stayed in bed.
We had 10 more fouls called on us at UK. How does that prove me wrong?

giphy.gif

that is nothing but deflection

do you believe that exaggeration is lying?
No, I believe if there is contact and a player exaggerates the reaction, it is only an exaggeration of the truth. The truth can't be a lie.

No, I believe if there is contact and a player exaggerates the reaction, it is only an exaggeration of the truth. The truth can't be a lie.
Della, Bert proved you wrong when you said Kentucky did not get called for fouls as much as Tennessee and other teams. Facts seem to bother you.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Della, Bert proved you wrong when you said Kentucky did not get called for fouls as much as Tennessee and other teams. Facts seem to bother you.
No he didn't. Even Bert showed that UT had more fouls called on them. Second, I linked a site that showed a different about of fouls called. Third, UT had 10 more fouls called at Rupp than UK did.:)

Facts again Della.
Last year he started calculating teams' home court advantage by comparing the differences in how they perform in conference home games versus conference road games. The ratings right now are based on a little over 3 seasons worth of conference games.
Of the top 50 schools who have what Kenpom calculates to be the biggest home court advantage, 10 are from the SEC. This isn't too shocking to me as I've always felt like the difficulty of SEC road games was underrated by a lot of folks.

What's more interesting, however, is when you look at some of the components of what goes into his analysis. In particular, the difference in foul calls at home versus on the road. Of the top 25 schools who receive the most favorable home treatment from refs, 10 are from the SEC. That's insane.

And Kentucky is not one of those ten, which I'm sure is not that shocking to many of you. UK ranks 34th, so in general, we get a more favorable whistle at home. However, it's just not as much as 10 of our conference mates. A little more consistency in the officiating between home and road games is probably something that would benefit UK significantly.

So for any of you who complain that we don't seem to get the same types of calls at home as other teams do, there's some data that indicates you may be right and not simply a crazy UK fan.

The Vols were one of the ten.
^

This. Great post.

Lies with impunity.

UK played UT three times:

First game UT 25, UK 15
Second game UT 16, UK 22
Third game UT 18, UK 20
Total: UT 59, UK 57

To help those that can't do math Della, that is .6666666 more fouls per game.

Using the total number of fouls against each team, i.e. "both teams were called for the same number of fouls" - is one of the most useless ways of determining if the officials called a good game. Almost routinely, one team will be more aggressive either offensively driving to the basket, posting up bigs or defensively by pressuring the ball at all times. Those teams will get fouled more by going to the basket vs a team that shoots from outside and a team that plays a zone or soft man-to-man will not be fouling as much as at team that is double teaming and going after the ball.

Usually foul calls are some of the ones people object to least, well fouls committed on the ball anyway. The constant moving screen with the ball is horrible. Flopping has gotten out of control. However usually there will be one official who comes running from the other side of the floor to make a call when the official 3 feet away doesn't call it. The MISSED calls are what are so bad. The double dribble by Jerome of Uva was absolutely unforgivable to be missed by 3 officials. Plus there was a dead ball because a foul was called half a second later. That should be a correctable mistake. It was obvious and it clearly cost Auburn that game.

I was in Jacksonville for UK's 1st and 2nd round games, sitting 6 rows behind the UK bench. A referee made a call and with that whistle there was a TV timeout. During the TO an assistant coach was questioning the call, I was able to read his lips as he answered "I missed the over the back foul on _____ so I called the loose ball foul on _______. I couldn't believe it. I told the guy beside me and the 2 guys in front of me turned around and said they were so glad someone else witnessed that. There will always be missed calls, however when an official says hey sorry I missed that one you go on and respect him for the admission but when he tries to make it even with the make-up call, you lose any respect at all. Way too much of that going on.

If you are going to have replay for one thing in the last minute of a game, if ANY and ALL infractions that are clear and obvious are seen, they should be called. Do away with replay or use it correctly

All I can say is, don't bring up Latinos around him. It might get dicey.
If that is true, then no wonder we don't get along. However, I have never seen him voice an opinion, so I won't condemn him an gossip.

Is she in here being a ****** again? I finally just put her on ignore, I had my fun rattling her cage, but frankly she is too stupid for words.

Since she can see this....Congrats Della, you joined BYU relative proficiency dipshit and Franky as the turds I have on ignore. Thats the level of stupidity your posts exude.

If that is true, then no wonder we don't get along. However, I have never seen him voice an opinion, so I won't condemn him an gossip.

Well, we could dig up an old post. But I don't know if Bert's heart can handle another temper tantrum right now.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Is she in here being a ****** again? I finally just put her on ignore, I had my fun rattling her cage, but frankly she is too stupid for words.

Since she can see this....Congrats Della, you joined BYU relative proficiency dipshit and Franky as the turds I have on ignore. Thats the level of stupidity your posts exude.
This is rich coming from Crazy's twin brother.Laughing

so if you catch a 4 inch fish and say it was a four foot fish that is not a lie...
Fouls are like being pregnant, you either are or or are not pregnant or fouled.:D

Maybe, but UK perfected choking.:)

Sorry Della but I just can’t take you trying to talk smack serious at this moment in time. The best team in your programs history couldn’t even make a final 4 and y’alls biggest accomplishment was beating UK. At the end of the day you’re still Tennessee!

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Sorry Della but I just can’t take you trying to talk smack serious at this moment in time. The best team in your programs history couldn’t even make a final 4 and y’alls biggest accomplishment was beating UK. At the end of the day you’re still Tennessee!
At the end of the day UK choked to a team that they beat by 27 even with one of their stars injured and y'all choked away an 8 pt lead to the beloved Vols with less than 3 minutes to play.

You can take it or not, but it happened.:D

At the end of the day UK choked to a team that they beat by 27 even with one of their stars injured and y'all choked away an 8 pt lead to the beloved Vols with less than 3 minutes to play.

You can take it or not, but it happened.:D

And yet we still made it further than UT! Your best team ever with the coach of the year couldn’t even get to the final four and now it looks like he could be taking a step up job at UCLA. I see why you’re so upset!

Barnes meeting with team. Not looking good for UT!

And yet we still made it further than UT! Your best team ever with the coach of the year couldn’t even get to the final four and now it looks like he could be taking a step up job at UCLA. I see why you’re so upset!
You can't do better than UT if you can't beat UT. We beaten UK on a budget.Laughing

ADVERTISEMENT