ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Boeheim Continues to be an Idiot

Being a shitshow is the fear. For all of his faults, Pitino wins. He’s probably the safest bet to keep the W’s from slipping any more. Going with a younger coach brings with it a lot of uncertainty.

Sean Miller is another name who could probably win right away but also comes with baggage.
I would argue that it would be disruptive for recruiting with all the uncertainty surrounding such an old coach, but that is somewhat alleviated now by free agency. You can completely flip a roster virtually overnight with the transfer portal now and it doesn't take 3-4 years to overhaul a progam. Plus the players know that if he were to retire they are free to go anywhere they want without sitting for a year.

Being a shitshow is the fear. For all of his faults, Pitino wins. He’s probably the safest bet to keep the W’s from slipping any more. Going with a younger coach brings with it a lot of uncertainty.

Sean Miller is another name who could probably win right away but also comes with baggage.
Maybe I’ve become jaded , but I don’t think “baggage “ is nearly as important as it used to be .

ADVERTISEMENT