ADVERTISEMENT

BYU is ranked

South park is the only reason I know who that is.
tenor.gif

Stylistically, one of the more entertaining teams in college basketball. Right up there with Dayton, Gonzaga, Iowa, Creighton, San Diego State, and Belmont.

Earlier in the year, I said Gonzaga was going to lose 1-2 games in the WCC. Now, I'm not so sure. Zags are looking stronger. SMC and BYU look decent, still tournament teams. Just feels like there's still a pretty big gap between Gonzaga and everyone else.

Refs allowed quite a bit of physical contact. It seemed to get in the head of some of the Gonzaga players. They whined an awful lot when they weren't awarded with a foul. Pretty entertaining game for the most part.

BYU played really well and hit some great shots. Every time Gonzaga went on a run, BYU answered. Their fans we re awesome as well. 20,000+ fans on senior night and their first game as a ranked team since Jimmer was there. The place was bonkers.

Like I've said, this is a good Gonzaga team but it is not their best team ever. Last year's team was much better than this team (2 current players were starting in the rising stars game and Zach Norvell has had time in the NBA this year as well). But I still think they are a 1 seed based off of the inconsistencies of the rest of college basketball.

Does Gonzaga really deserve to be penciled in as a one seed already? Their best win all year is a one point win in OT over Oregon. Not that many quality wins.

Does Gonzaga really deserve to be penciled in as a one seed already? Their best win all year is a one point win in OT over Oregon. Not that many quality wins.
It's not a great resume which does stink. But look at the names of the teams they have beaten in Non Conference.

Washington
Texas A&M
North Carolina
Oregon
Arizona

That should have been a murderers row and it didn't turn out to be that exactly. But BYU and St Mary's will both make the tourney as well. BYU will probably be a 5 seed and St Mary's an 8-9 seed. And if Gonzaga is a 1 seed then they will have 2 wins over both of them.

So by seeding, I imagine that they will end up with 1 win over a 4 seed (Oregon), 3 wins over a 5 seed (Arizona and BYU) and 2 wins over a 8-9 seed (St. Mary's).

They also have 0 bad losses. Something other teams can't say.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I was starting to worry about Gonzaga. I feel better now.

Not a bad loss, though. Sean Farnham said that was the loudest crowd he's heard all year. I think he might be right. Quite the atmosphere.

Kansas beat BYU without too much difficulty in Maui, but I'd say it would make a huge difference if KU played in Provo - and with Yoeli Childs in the lineup. Gonzaga is still the better team, IMO. But, BYU is a legit 5 or 6 seed.

BYU fans at the game:

“We fricking won”

“This season is so flipping fun so far”

“These refs are poopy”

BYU fans at the game:

“We fricking won”

“This season is so flipping fun so far”

“These refs are poopy”

Don't forget about the fans that threw items onto the floor, which I assume were empty Sprite bottles.

I saw the Book of Mormon last year when it came to Cincinnati, ****ing hilarious. I highly recommend it.

Reactions: bMORE607
You get some 7 foot 6 inch guy to play for you and break other peoples hearts in the tournament. Guy seemed to block every shot we took.

Shawn Bradley had 10 blocks in that UVA game, which was an NCAA record for most blocks in a single NCAA tournament game. Oddly enough, the record was broken the very next year by Shaq - against mostly the same BYU players.

ADVERTISEMENT