ADVERTISEMENT

BYE ACC

RockChalk82

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2019
SIT DOWN MIAMI

nah jk….miami was damn good. We got hot and closed it out.

nova will be super tough.

Reactions: TKBray
Nice win. Sorry the ACCs success in this tourney has you so chapped. Youll likely get another acc team in the championship game.

Nice win. Sorry the ACCs success in this tourney has you so chapped. Youll likely get another acc team in the championship game.
I think people are just a little annoyed by the “even in a down year we’re still the best” nonsense.

I think people are just a little annoyed by the “even in a down year we’re still the best” nonsense.

Well, all the other conferences had a chance to do something about it. Unfortunately, the Big 10 couldn’t even get more than 1 team to the second weekend and the SEC had their best teams bow out early.

Kansas is a great squad though.

Well, all the other conferences had a chance to do something about it. Unfortunately, the Big 10 couldn’t even get more than 1 team to the second weekend and the SEC had their best teams bow out early.

Kansas is a great squad though.
Good showing by the ACC. But my point has been that a couple teams getting hot at the right time doesn’t say much about the 15 teams as a whole.

Reactions: TKBray
Good showing by the ACC. But my point has been that a couple teams getting hot at the right time doesn’t say much about the 15 teams as a whole.

I don’t think anyone has been trying to suggest that Pitt or NC State were good teams…

But it does seem like the top half of the ACC improved a good amount during the year and a team like Wake should have been given a bid with their 22-23 wins. We heard that they had no good wins and no tier 1 and 2 wins. Well maybe the system isn’t doing a good job of capturing improvement during the season because clearly teams like Miami, UNC, ND, etc. were playing pretty good ball in January, February, and March.

I don’t think anyone has been trying to suggest that Pitt or NC State were good teams…

But it does seem like the top half of the ACC improved a good amount during the year and a team like Wake should have been given a bid with their 22-23 wins. We heard that they had no good wins and no tier 1 and 2 wins. Well maybe the system isn’t doing a good job of capturing improvement during the season because clearly teams like Miami, UNC, ND, etc. were playing pretty good ball in January, February, and March.
UNC seemed to flip the switch about 10 games ago. They’d been pretty damn mediocre until that point. They probably deserved a seed somewhere close to what they received, based on the season as a whole, but it sucks for the 1 seed in their region.

Miami had a rough start to the year too.

I don’t know if there’s a fair way to account for late improvement. You can’t just throw out resumes.

Wake probably should have been in.

UNC seemed to flip the switch about 10 games ago. They’d been pretty damn mediocre until that point. They probably deserved a seed somewhere close to what they received, based on the season as a whole, but it sucks for the 1 seed in their region.

I don’t know if there’s a fair way to account for late improvement. You can’t just throw out resumes.

Yeah, it’s tough. The early season stuff has a big impact on the metrics, and the ACC really shit the bed early on. Duke only won the league by one game and for a short while it wasn’t a given they would. So it had to be a little tougher than the metrics were inclined to say.

I wish there were more out of conference games in the middle of conference season. I understand why they don’t, but I think that could help a bit.

UNC switched it well before 10 games ago. They are the 13th best team in the country since Feb 5th, and 16th best since Jan 25th. So they were playing pretty well even in late January.

But yeah that’s kind of what I’m saying. We need to figure out a way to evaluate teams against other conferences off of more than just their first 10 games of the season. Need to start having some OOC games sprinkled into Jan and Feb.

UNC switched it well before 10 games ago. They are the 13th best team in the country since Feb 5th, and 16th best since Jan 25th. So they were playing pretty well even in late January.

But yeah that’s kind of what I’m saying. We need to figure out a way to evaluate teams against other conferences off of more than just their first 10 games of the season. Need to start having some OOC games sprinkled into Jan and Feb.
I think they also used to give some weight to the last 10 games for seeding and bubble purposes, but they quit doing it some years ago. UNC probably isn’t on the 8/9 line if they did.

Reactions: GE Nole
SIT DOWN MIAMI

nah jk….miami was damn good. We got hot and closed it out.

nova will be super tough.

Man I was feeling good at halftime! 😂

But honestly, not THAT good. So much of Miami's scoring in the first half, especially late in the half, was the other four just watching Kam McGusty go one on one and make a contested jumper. I knew that wouldn't be sustainable. Charlie Moore and Jordan Miller picking up fouls in the first half and early second were killers. Miami gets NOTHING from their bench, like literally nothing lol, and they played two freshmen for extended times today and they both had no business playing that much.

But credit to Kansas for rising to the occasion in the second half. Too much size (pause) and the big advantage in quality depth showed in the last 20 minutes.

Maybe ur conference should have done better when it mattered if you want to brag about being the best league 🤷‍♂️

Maybe ur conference should have done better when it mattered if you want to brag about being the best league 🤷‍♂️
LOL. They all played to seed or better except the team that lost in OT to one of the hottest teams in the country. I’d say the Big 12 can still lay claim to being the best league this year. I don’t really care though. I’d much rather have the title of national champion than “champion of the top league.”

LOL. They all played to seed or better except the team that lost in OT to one of the hottest teams in the country. I’d say the Big 12 can still lay claim to being the best league this year. I don’t really care though. I’d much rather have the title of national champion than “champion of the top league.”
Nailed it. Time to get our 4th.

ADVERTISEMENT