ADVERTISEMENT

Big Monday: Kansas @ WVU

I understand Vanderbilts hesitation. He doesn't want to ruin the perception of his potential. I'm probably wrong. He could potentially proof me wrong.I predict people around his person presumes his potential is presumably higher than him pucking up in practice. Maybe he prefers the path of least resistance and fades to past tense.

KU was charmin soft in that first half. Gonna lose by 25 if they keep it up.

That hard hedge by WVU along the perimeter is making it hard for KU to get a good open look in the half-court set.

Once again, KU's defense has not been that bad tonight. They have to find ways to chip away. Start by cutting the lead to 10 or possibly 9.

How is that?
Because he’s spent half the game on the bench and we finally get him back and he gets a cheap foul where it appeared the WVU guy was over his back. I’m not saying that any of them weren’t necessarily fouls. Just frustrating in a game where there is so much contact that they aren’t calling, but they always seem to catch him... and he’s our most important player. This game fell apart when he left the game.

We need to get the ball to Esa. No way 0 should be able to guard him.

Our half court offense sucks. It's nothing but dribbling and jacking up horrible shots.

I understand Vanderbilts hesitation. He doesn't want to ruin the perception of his potential. I'm probably wrong. He could potentially proof me wrong.I predict people around his person presumes his potential is presumably higher than him pucking up in practice. Maybe he prefers the path of least resistance and fades to past tense.

I, too enjoyed a mighty fine pregame, even moreso than the usual for this team season.

Kansas is fighting. They got punched in the mouth early and not having Dok has killed us. With that said, somehow they are still within striking distance. Color me surprised. I thought they would wilt down 17

To be fair our half court D is way better than it has been in years past. Not all about the press anymore.

KU has played really well on D too.

Ugly game. WVU's offense making KU defense look better than it is. WVU has had a good number of open looks just not fall.

Reactions: doogie503
To be fair our half court D is way better than it has been in years past. Not all about the press anymore.

KU has played really well on D too.

Yeah I agree. I think WVU's half court defense has been more effective than their press. To be honest, your press has been good but it hasn't accounted for a majority of KU's miscues. Our defense tonight has been much better than most of our games of late. That being said, KU can't afford to go on 4 or 3 minute scoreless droughts especially with how their D has stepped up.

Anybody that doesn’t think getting Preston and De Sousa ready to go will affect this team they should see the difference between KU with and without Dok. Competent post play opens up everything else.

Ugly game. WVU's offense making KU defense look better than it is. WVU has had a good number of open looks just not fall.

I will give KU this much....they have forced WVU to take quite a few tough shots late in the shot clock. Not something I expected to see tonight so I'll take that for what it's worth.

Because he’s spent half the game on the bench and we finally get him back and he gets a cheap foul where it appeared the WVU guy was over his back. I’m not saying that any of them weren’t necessarily fouls. Just frustrating in a game where there is so much contact that they aren’t calling, but they always seem to catch him... and he’s our most important player. This game fell apart when he left the game.
Agree. So he shouldn't have thrown the WVU dude to the floor, resulting in his second foul.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Anybody that doesn’t think getting Preston and De Sousa ready to go will affect this team they should see the difference between KU with and without Dok. Competent post play opens up everything else.

We're going to need DeSousa at this point. He's not going to make a huge impact right way but he's going to help give Dok and Lightfoot a bit of a longer breather on the bench. He's a body right now and I'll take that for the moment.

ADVERTISEMENT