ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Bob Knight passes away at age 83

Not even top 40 coach. But good.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I dunno there my man.

Keep in mind, he only coached for 13 seasons...

1 natty
1 Runner-Up
3 FF's
6 E8's
8 SEC titles

297-100 at UK..

And well, hes in the HOF.

Hes not on RMK's level, no.....But hes Top 40.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Yep, I understand, I slap the crap out of friends just for the fun of it, it's good stress relief. Can't wait to see you ole buddy. 🤣 🤣
Come on down....

giphy.gif

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I dunno there my man.

Keep in mind, he only coached for 13 seasons...

1 natty
1 Runner-Up
3 FF's
6 E8's
8 SEC titles

297-100 at UK..

And well, hes in the HOF.

Hes not on RMK's level, no.....But hes Top 40.
While the SEC data and thus overall winning % doesn't register due to the poor quality of the SEC, I will concede the tournament stuff and grant him Top 25 status.

45ish coaches have won a Natty

I think it's crazy that Bobby Knight had Coach K under his tutelage for 4 years while leading Army. The age difference between those two guys is 6 years and 4 months. There are a couple of 26 year-olds on rosters this year, meaning the age gap is bigger between some teammates than it was between the coach-player dynamic of Knight and K.

Knight was one of the greatest ever. What an impact he had on the game. RIP.

Bwahahahahahahahaha

Joey wasn't a shadow of the basketball mind and coach Bob was

Joey's record of developing men for sucess isn't a shadow of what Bob did.

Joey's impact on the game wasn't a shadow of what Bob's was

Joey was a good coach in Ky.
Joe versus Bob ended up being 8-8, but Joe lost the first 4.

Bobbie's record of developing men for success is inferior to Joe B.'s. Sorry.

What was his graduation % at your lesser academic institution?

Drs? Lawyers? Corp Execs? Never hear anything about those.

We read about the intense loyalty of RMKs former players. Don’t hear much about Joey’s players.

Clean program? It is Ky after all.

• Sad
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
While the SEC data and thus overall winning % doesn't register due to the poor quality of the SEC, I will concede the tournament stuff and grant him Top 25 status.

45ish coaches have won a Natty
Hall had some very, very good teams at UK---And if not for an injury or two, could easily have multiple titles. I get it----its UK. But shit is what it is. He only coached 13 seasons, yet had 3 FF's and a title. Thats actually pretty impressive.

Reactions: Sparty_57

head to head is an awful gauge. Keady had a winning record vs Kight---You think Keady was a better coach?

Hall was a very good coach. Very good. He however is not at the level of Knight. Gotta set your friendship aside here, fella.

Hall had some very, very good teams at UK---And if not for an injury or two, could easily have multiple titles. I get it----its UK. But shit is what it is. He only coached 13 seasons, yet had 3 FF's and a title. Thats actually pretty impressive.
Which is why I granted him top 25

He did change the game---His motion offense.

Large, LARGE majority of his players have gone onto be very successful, outside of basketball.

3 best college teams, ever----Naaaaah. I mean sure, the 84 team---but that was the OLYMPIC team. 76 team has a good argument. 75 team was arguably better. But, I mean, well.....been a lot of great teams. And tbh, its hard to compare great teams of the 60's, 70's, 80's, even maybe the early 90's, to todays teams.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
ADVERTISEMENT