ADVERTISEMENT

Big Monday: Kansas @ WVU

Is Kontae(sP) always been this type of shot blocker? Dude is swatting everything...

Yeah, but hes just starting to learn how to avoid foul trouble and stay on the floor more. He had 7 against baylor and 6 against ou.

huggs has thrown around kenyon martin comparisons

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Just checked and his block rate (16.0) is fourth in the nation this year, and is the same as it was in limited minutes last. Will be a nice anchor to Huggins' defenses the next few years.

Adding another good big next year in Derek Culver too.

Reactions: KisteK
We'll never see Preston play for Kansas so there's not much use in bringing his name up. I still can't believe he's still on the KU bench.

KU fans, you guys were pretty high on Newman before this season. How's he looked this year? Been a disappointment?

Reactions: RockChalkRally
KU fans, you guys were pretty high on Newman before this season. How's he looked this year? Been a disappointment?

I know a lot on our home board sick of him already but a good portion of our home board won't hesitate to throw a player under the bus. I'm a bit disappointed but at the same time, his overall production has been pretty decent the last 2 or 3 games. That said, not sure what to make of him yet.

Why fans still yell travel when a kid uses a euro step is beyond me. Damn moves been part of the game for 10 years now...

I think the euro step has been much more exaggerated than in the past. It's easy to see why you want the travel call at 1st glance.

League games are different. Everyone knows that. When you play the same teams every year it makes a difference b
We've been known to get a favorable crowd at S.Carolina I don't like our chances with Green out and Vanderbilt being a very huge virgin vagaina.

Last edited:
This is the weakest KU team mentally I've ever seen. There is no fight with they meet some adversity. Think entitlement has been created around the program and outs finally reached the players and coaches. Just a piss poor effort all around this year.

Reactions: KisteK
We never put guys in the NBA, but I think Konate can play the 4 in the NBA. Maybe a little undersized.

League games are different. Everyone knows that. When you play the same teams every year it makes a difference b
Why? Doesn't the same logic work the other way too? If you are more talented every year than the team you play twice a year, you should have the advantage. Texas didn't have the experience against Duke just like Duke didn't have it against them.

I would agree with you most times, though. But Duke doesn't have the same team two years in a row anymore.

I think the euro step has been much more exaggerated than in the past. It's easy to see why you want the travel call at 1st glance.
I guess. But the move has been part of the game for some time now. You'd think folks would be aware of this.

You all know that KU run is coming.
I’m not sure this team has the usual Kansas guts. The only two guys that look like they don’t shit their pants are svi and dok. I’m hoping we have a run in us to make the final margin more respectable.

Konate, dreamy..

Love seeing Holly tonight, too.

This Kansas team would've been pretty fun with Preston.. De Sousa is a nice filler, but so very green.
Really hope The Mountaineers go far in the tourney this season, wreck some serious dreams.

Reactions: doogie503
ADVERTISEMENT