ADVERTISEMENT

Big Monday: Kansas @ WVU

I bet Huggy disciplines him though.

If KU is going to win this game it has to play to its potential---which we have a really hard time doing. I think our best beats WVU's best. Its going to be a very tough matchup for us. Hopefully we can keep it within striking distance down the stretch.

Definitely disagree with that. I think WVU is just a better team than KU this year. If both teams play their best game I think WVU covers the 6.5 or 7 point spread.

I'm sure KU will be very motivated tonight though. This is the first time in the 6 years that we've been playing where WVU is the better team on paper and the higher ranked team. Will be interesting to see KU in the underdog role.

Definitely disagree with that. I think WVU is just a better team than KU this year. If both teams play their best game I think WVU covers the 6.5 or 7 point spread.

I'm sure KU will be very motivated tonight though. This is the first time in the 6 years that we've been playing where WVU is the better team on paper and the higher ranked team. Will be interesting to see KU in the underdog role.
And Id expect you to disagree. WVU is as solid as it gets. If we have Svi, Graham and Vick bombing from downtown---it'll be interesting.

Kansas will have to have poise against the press and close the rebounding gap to have a chance on the road. Either that or we have to trade 3's for two's all night and hope the basket is big.

Also----Ill almost guarantee Self or Huggy will get T'd up in this one

Reactions: doogie503
There are 3 things KU must do tonight to give themselves a chance.

1. Be strong with the basketball. WVU's press comes at you from so many different directions that opposing teams can afford to be content after breaking the initial part of WVU's press.

2. Defend like crazy and I'm not talking about getting 1 or 2 straight defensive stops. I'm talking about 4, 5 or 6 straight stops on the defensive end.

3. Work your ass off on the glass.

I think KU can handle the ball well enough to hold up against the press. However I don't think KU will defend near good enough to make this a good game. Finally, KU's efforts on crashing the glass have been bad for much of the season. On a regular basis, KU will send 1 guy after a rebound and that 1 guys is Udoka. The problem sending just Dok to the boards is most teams have 2 players boxing him out. In the meantime the opponent sends another 2 players after the rebound....sometimes all 5 defenders collapse for rebounding. If KU can't handle points 2 and 3, they should avoid stepping on the court tonight. It's about effort.

Alright it's about that time. Rock Chalk and....
lets-get-this-show-on-the-road.jpg

Reactions: doogie503
I wish our players would shot fake at least once when they drive to the basket. WVU leaves the floor every single time to block the shot.

I remember games where wvu got to the 8 minute mark without a foul call. 2 in the first 4 is a good sign the refs aren’t going to swallow their whistle.

Why do we shoot so many 3's....... jeezus

I was wondering the same thing. The bright side of that is WVU is a million times a better rebounding team than KU so I do expect WVU to become more active on the offensive boards.

Bilas is an idiot.

That was a terrible call.

And sorry KU fans----I agree with the "T".

So a guy can walk around the court wagging a finger but if you look at a guy for 2 seconds it’s a Tech? Ok officials.
Pretty sure he was also saying “not in our fvcking house”.

Not that I find anything wrong with that, but if you’re gonna call T’s for stupid things then call them for all stupid things.

Can’t do much when Perry Ellis Sr is hitting guarded 3s with a hand in his face. He’s gonna miss more of those than he hits, so hopefully the odds even out after a while. Cause those are not good shots.

Anyone Care to explain the walk on Newman? Aren’t you allowed to land and then dribble?

ADVERTISEMENT