ADVERTISEMENT

Big Monday: Kansas @ WVU

Ugly game. WVU's offense making KU defense look better than it is. WVU has had a good number of open looks just not fall.

We're just jacking up jumpers.

We have a huge mismatch with Esa, and we're not even trying to attack it. He's 6'8, 240 and skilled.... Svi and #0 can't possibly guard that man. Frustrating.

If Newman hits his wide open threes this is a one possession game. For as bad as we’ve looked and dok playing single digit minutes—-we are hitting wide open looks away from being even.

That 4-0 run just killed kansas. They hit the fatigue wall.
Meh, IDK. I think KU has one more left in them.

I know this isn't the KU you folks are accustomed to, but........I like this team. I think as Sousa gets more acclimated , he's really going to help. I think this KU teams gonna be pretty good.

Agree. So he shouldn't have thrown the WVU dude to the floor, resulting in his second foul.
Yeah, to be fair though, they’d been fouling him nonstop with no calls. That was a frustration foul. He was getting abused and nothing. When refs let them brawl down low and hold the whistle, that shit starts to happen. It’s the responsibility of the officiating crew to not let it get out of hand. Instead, Dok was like the guy who gets caught in pro wrestling after the official gets distracted and missed all the shady shit.

But yes it was a foul. The rest of his fouls have been bullshit.

The last shot Lightfoot took off the glass was a really good shot. It just didn't fall and I can live with those type of misfortunes.

Reactions: KisteK
We're just jacking up jumpers.

We have a huge mismatch with Esa, and we're not even trying to attack it. He's 6'8, 240 and skilled.... Svi and #0 can't possibly guard that man. Frustrating.

WVU has actually played pretty poorly. Shows the difference between the 2 teams. WVU is actually playing pretty poorly the last week and going to come out of it 2-1. Impressive and what teams who win championships do.

Turnovers like the one Svi committed are killers. To add on he committed another TO because he can't dribble.

One thing KU really has to improve. FT defense. Opponents are shooting over 90% from the FT line in Big XII play. It’s unreal. Everybody seems to turn into record breaking FT shooters against us these last 3 weeks.

Kansas has been their own worst enemy tonight. WVU has played well defensively but KU has had several chances to really make a dent but then come the unforced turnovers. Those unforced TO's are coming back to haunt KU.

Those two turnovers by Svi sum up our season. Jesus Svi it could be a 5 point game

He's had these moments in every loss. Where KU was getting momentum and he bricks 3s and commits a couple turnovers and the opponent extends it out. He has to keep his composure.

We could use Teddy Buckets right now. Played 0 minutes. Deep in Huggs' dog house.

All I ask is for KU to keep fighting the final 7 minutes and keep the game respectable. I'm good with that.

Last year KU cut it to I think 4 or 5 about this time and WVU extended it to 20. Let' see what happens.

Don't know what the big fella's upset about. Lordy Big dude---you went through the dudes spine.

Ha. Konate has gotten away with a few over-the-backs but that one looked like a good rebound.

It's amazing what happens when KU boxes out. Newman did a good job and forced Konate to climb his back.

ADVERTISEMENT