ADVERTISEMENT

Big Monday: Kansas @ WVU

Big_C_KU

Gold Member
May 27, 2004
First time in a long time I've felt a KU team was an overwhelming (or is underwhelming a better term?) Underdog going into a game. Only glimmer of hope is the fact that KU has played considrably better and more focused on the road this year than at AFH.

West Virginia only a -3.5 favorite. That is generous for KU. I expect that line to move as people will place a good amount of bets on WVU. I'm thinking WVU wins by double digits and closer to 20.

Reactions: KisteK
Gonna be rough. They’ve had our # in Morgantown for years now. We taken much better teams there, and lost. This game won’t be any different.

I just hope we kee it within a dozen. I can see it getting out of hand really quick.

That said, fvckin bring it. RCJH.

When everyone is so sure of an outcome, it often doesn't come to pass.

I wouldn't wager much on this KU team vs any league team this year. I expect a battle in nearly every game. But I do think it's a team capable of coming out of any of these arenas with a win. They seem to play up and down to competition.

Udunka needs to continue to be aggressive defensively like last game (predicted we'd see that when another big entered the mix) and the threes need to go in at a solid clip.

I think Wvu is the better team and we kinda own Kansas at home...

That said, I've been a little bit of a douche bag on this board the last week or so. Probably jinxed my team into a loss.

Reactions: KuHwkFan
Depends on the refs honestly. If they call a tight whistle Ku can keep it close. If they let wvu mug them they will make it a 15-20 point win.

Either way, I see zero chance for Kansas to win this game. Especially following a loss for wvu.

Kansas can’t rebound
Wvu one of the top rebounding teams in the country
Kansas has no depth
Wvu runs you into the ground.

Not a good formula for this Kansas team. If they had Preston and de Sousa for a few weeks I might feel different.

Depends on the refs honestly. If they call a tight whistle Ku can keep it close. If they let wvu mug them they will make it a 15-20 point win.

Either way, I see zero chance for Kansas to win this game. Especially following a loss for wvu.

Kansas can’t rebound
Wvu one of the top rebounding teams in the country
Kansas has no depth
Wvu runs you into the ground.

Not a good formula for this Kansas team. If they had Preston and de Sousa for a few weeks I might feel different.

Wvu Doesn't have to mug people or get away with fouls to beat Kansas .

Wvu Is a good team and doesn't rely on that stuff this year nearly as much as people think.

But... Kansas can definitely win this game if they shoot lights out from 3.

Last edited:
Ill be surprised if Kansas wins. Wvu is tough at home and Kansas can't seem to defend this year. It'll come down to how wel Kansas handles the press and their perimeter shooting

Wvu Doesn't have to mug people or get away with fouls to beat Kansas .

Wvu Is a good team and doesn't rely on that stuff this year nearly as much as people think.

To be fair raven did say no matter what KU would lose. Just said officiating would matter in how competitive KU is.

Reactions: doogie503
This is the kind of "against all odds" game that Self often finds a way to win.

It's the 15 pt underdog midmajors in March that he struggles with...

Kansas has no chance to win this game. it is impossible for Kansas to wn. they shouldn't even play the game.

Reactions: toonces11
KU is going to get trucked tomorrow night in Morgantown. They will be lucky to stay within 15 points of WVU. This current Kansas team can't guard their own shadows if their lives depended on it. The Jayhawks best version of rebounding the basketball consist of sending Udoka but almost every time Dok is being boxed out by 2 players as the other 4 KU players stand out beyond the 3 point line hoping the ball magically lands in their hands.

Unless our guys grow a sack w/a solid pair of testicles between now and tip off tomorrow night, no chance KU wins. I will happily eat a mega size plate of crow if Kansas pulls off the win.

KU fans trying way too hard right now...

I reverse the jinx!

You're Kansas. We're West Virginia. KU is supposed to win this game. We have no shot tomorrow.

Have you honestly watched KU play this season? There are no exaggerations nor are we trying too hard. Kansas....they are what they are for the moment and right now they are extremely average at best. As of now, ESPN has WVU at -4.5 which I promise will increase as tomorrow moves along so no, KU is not supposed to win.

I'd love to say otherwise but I'm also not going to lie to myself in describing what KU is and is not. I'll be happy if KU manages to keep the score respectable.

Have you honestly watched KU play this season? There are no exaggerations nor are we trying too hard. Kansas....they are what they are for the moment and right now they are extremely average at best. As of now, ESPN has WVU at -4.5 which I promise will increase as tomorrow moves along so no, KU is not supposed to win.

I'd love to say otherwise but I'm also not going to lie to myself in describing what KU is and is not. I'll be happy if KU manages to keep the score respectable.

That seems like free money

That seems like free money

You would be correct

Pumped for the game tomorrow! I have really enjoyed the Kansas series.

I was hoping for a week night game at KU, so I could swing by during a work trip.

Ku is pretty shitty. I don’t think we’re a top 25 team

If somehow they win tomorrow it speaks to how bad this league actually is.

Reactions: ChiTownSean
If the line was wvu -8 I'd take that all day and feel great about it. Kansas is not that good

Is WVU letting that guy who sucker punched a texas tech fan play? I'm guessing yes, but haven't seen anything to say otherwise.

This game may depend on if refs let WVU fans punch KU players during their foul-first ask questions later press.

Reactions: wardhawk
Is WVU letting that guy who sucker punched a texas tech fan play? I'm guessing yes, but haven't seen anything to say otherwise.

This game may depend on if refs let WVU fans punch KU players during their foul-first ask questions later press.

Are you kidding? Thuggins probably high fived him so hard he fractured his own wrist.

@doogie503 Any rumblings if Harris or Konate will miss any time? Are these players vital to success? I feel like Donate name has been brought up in recent games for playing well----no idea on Harris.

@doogie503 Any rumblings if Harris or Konate will miss any time? Are these players vital to success? I feel like Donate name has been brought up in recent games for playing well----no idea on Harris.

It's a sad situation. The court storming needs to stop. But man you can't go off and slug someone like that especially when it appears it was just a complete accident and the fan was bumped into the player by another fan. You have to suspend them eventually. With everything basically shutdown today for MLK day it's very doubtful resolution is today though. I'd expect 1 or both suspended on Wednesday or Thursday for a game or 2.

old-man.gif

I haven't heard anything. If there are suspensions I think it'll just be Harris.

Didn't see Konate do anything except push some people to get his teammate out of a crowd.

Weird situation how they'll handle it since rushing the court is not allowed in the Big 12. He made a dumb mistake, but the players shouldn't have been put in that position.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Weird situation how they'll handle it since rushing the court is not allowed in the Big 12. He made a dumb mistake, but the players shouldn't have been put in that position.
agree - this incident is why
the rule against court storming
was put in place in 2015 -
i'll be very surprised
if Tech isn't fined tomorrow -

I haven't heard anything. If there are suspensions I think it'll just be Harris.

Didn't see Konate do anything except push some people to get his teammate out of a crowd.

I'm sure by now the Big 12 has watched the replay of that moment several times over. When fans storming the court come that close to opposing teams players, it doesn't take much at all for sh*t to go downhill in a hurry. I don't see either player or both Konate or Harris suspended for tonight's game. Neither player was in the right but then again, get the fans the hell away from the opposing players. Let the players from both teams shake hands and leave the floor. Then the fans can use the entire floor to let the moment sink in.

Marcus Smart got three games for pushing a fan.

Smart also went into the stands to push that fan. The court storming deal is where the fans put themselves on the playing surface where chances of contact with players are high to start with.

That fan was in the crowd though, not on the floor grabbing him and in his face.

I didn't really see the fan grabbing him or in his face. Maybe there's a camera angle I haven't seen (which is possible), but the 2 videos I've seen are pretty blurry, and kinda just show the fan bumping into him.

Maybe I'm wrong though.

I didn't really see the fan grabbing him or in his face. Maybe there's a camera angle I haven't seen (which is possible), but the 2 videos I've seen are pretty blurry, and kinda just show the fan bumping into him.

Maybe I'm wrong though.

Looked like he grabbed his arm or shoulder.

Either way the the fan was on the floor when he wasn't supposed to be and made contact with him.

Harris was wrong to punch the kid, but easier said than done when thousands of drunk people are storming at you.

Reactions: toonces11
Looked like he grabbed his arm or shoulder.

Either way the the fan was on the floor when he wasn't supposed to be and made contact with him.

Harris was wrong to punch the kid, but easier said than done when thousands of drunk people are storming at you.

It looked like a guy in white bumped into a WVU player. Looked like a guard. Whether the guy in white said something or they just couldn't get out of each other's and the frustrated WVU shoved him out of the way. Either way this caused the guy in white to bump into the guy in red and because of that the guy in red bumped into Harris. Looked honestly like everything was accidental or minor and Harris lost his cool throwing a punch. Then the latter part of another WVU player jumping in and shoving another Tech fan in order to keep them off his teammate. This is a shining example of why they need to fix it. Outlaw it completely, serious repercussions for the home team, or you keep the fans at bay for a minute while the opposing team exits the floor.

I bet Huggy disciplines him though.

If KU is going to win this game it has to play to its potential---which we have a really hard time doing. I think our best beats WVU's best. Its going to be a very tough matchup for us. Hopefully we can keep it within striking distance down the stretch.

ADVERTISEMENT