ADVERTISEMENT

Big Monday: Kansas @ WVU

Self showed that he is a better coach than Huggy.
Although I do agree, I don't think its b/c of this win. This is a long season and conference schedules are grueling. We may feel great right now, but there are plenty of tough games that will bring us up and down. WVU will go on a tear and be right back in this thing at the halfway point. Based on past history, will still have a handful of league losses to go thru before its all said and done. Hopefully its not more than 2-3.

Reactions: KisteK
Self and Graham post game interviews on the court were really nice, you could see how much this meant to them. And Dok and konate showing a lot of respect in the handshake line was cool - little different scene than in Lubbock lol

Last edited:
Self and Graham post game interviews on the court were really nice, you could see how much this meant to them. And Dok and konate showing a lot of respect in the handshake line was cool - little different scene than in Lubbock lol
I want to know what Lagerald Vick said to Huggy in the handshake line to warrant that bizarre look Huggy gave him.

Self and Graham postage post game interviews on the court were really nice, you could see how much this meant to them. And Dok and konate showing a lot of respect in the handshake line was cool - little different scene than in Lubbock lol

Couldn't agree more. Both have a helluva lot of respect for each other and both understand to leave everything on the court once the game is over. Can't ask for much more than that.

Is the #4 team in America (Oklahoma) who clobbered Texas Tech and has already beaten TCU twice somehow out of the running?

Not by a longshot. Right now KU, WVU, TT, and OU are legitimate challegers for the Big 12 title. KU's victory over WVU away somewhat cancels out the home loss to TT. But with conference play just 1/3 over it's going to be a hell of a conference race.

For some national perspective:

Kansas has now won 7 straight true road games against Top 10 teams. Let that sink in for a bit and then someone try to convince me that Self is only good because he gets good players. Find me another roster of good players that has won their last 7 true road wins vs. Top 10 teams.

For some national perspective, in their last 7 true road games vs. Top 10 teams:
Coach K and Duke are 4-3
Roy Williams and Carolina are 1-6
Tom Izzo and Michigan State are 1-6
Jay Wright and Villanova are 1-6
Bob Huggins and West Virginia are 1-6
John Calipari and Kentucky are 1-6

Again, Bill Self and Kansas are 7-0
giphy.gif

For some national perspective:

Kansas has now won 7 straight true road games against Top 10 teams. Let that sink in for a bit and then someone try to convince me that Self is only good because he gets good players. Find me another roster of good players that has won their last 7 true road wins vs. Top 10 teams.

For some national perspective, in their last 7 true road games vs. Top 10 teams:
Coach K and Duke are 4-3
Roy Williams and Carolina are 1-6
Tom Izzo and Michigan State are 1-6
Jay Wright and Villanova are 1-6
Bob Huggins and West Virginia are 1-6
John Calipari and Kentucky are 1-6

Again, Bill Self and Kansas are 7-0

giphy.gif

How many games would Huggins have won at West Virginia without the press? It wouldn't be pretty.

This is only our fourth year doing it. So to answer your question he went to six NCAA tournaments and a Final Four without it. And won the Big East without it.

ADVERTISEMENT