ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn fans: This Year's SC fans?

Seems that way to me, right? You never see or hear about them, you don't care about their team, they win a few games and suddenly crawl out of the woodwork and clutter stuff up with dumb threads, and we all know that when their team tanks they disappear?
Been a AU b-ball fan my whole life (35 yrs old)
our program has been so shitty the majority of my life wtf were we supposed to cheer/post about? Sorry if some fans are “cluttering” the board with dumb stuff. Don’t fret though, we will be on probation soon, amirite?!

Reactions: FlynAUround
I think there is actually more of them than there ever was SC fans. And to their credit, this is their second season being decent. SC fans were here for only a year

3rd year*

We won the sec regular season in 2017-2018
Final 4 and sec tourney in 2018-2019
Undefeated so far in 2019-2020

Reactions: olsonab and cb20476
Still haven't played a team from a P5 conference I don't think.

Fun fact: Evansville and SF Austin have more top 25 wins this year than Auburn.
We definitely haven’t really been tested. IMO we are a solid team but nowhere near a great team. Will be interested to see how we perform when SEC play starts.

Reactions: dukedevilz
We definitely haven’t really been tested. IMO we are a solid team but nowhere near a great team. Will be interested to see how we perform when SEC play starts.

NC State game on Thursday should be a test. State has multiple guys shooting above 40% from 3. They can score in bunches. Have one of the best rim protectors in the country. Only problem is, they don't play defense very well. I expect a high-scoring game. Could easily have both teams top 80 points.

We’ve moved onto the NET rankings. Richmond 22. Kentucky 58 one spot behind Mew Mexico who we also throttled.

Haha the initial NET rankings usually aren't very meaningful due to the sample size being so low. KenPom is a little better at this stage because they factor in predicted outcomes on future games. Last year, the first NET rankings featured Ohio State (#1), Loyola Marymount (#10), Belmont (#12), Nebraska (#14), Radford (#22), Pittsburgh (#23), and San Francisco (#25) in the top 25. Obviously some of those rankings were a little off.

Richmond is a decent team, though. I'll give you that. And I don't think anyone disputes that Auburn is a really good team. Just hard to gauge at this point whether they're top 10 - or fringe top 25.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
We were in a tournament with Wisconsin earlier this year who was suppose to be a top 25 team. They were in the preseason. Than they lost to Richmond.

Wisconsin was not in the preseason top 25. They didn't even have any receiving votes. With the loss of Happ, most figured Wisconsin to be a middle-of-the-road B1G team that would likely be a bubble team.

Haha the initial NET rankings usually aren't very meaningful due to the sample size being so low. KenPom is a little better at this stage because they factor in predicted outcomes on future games. Last year, the first NET rankings featured Ohio State (#1), Loyola Marymount (#10), Belmont (#12), Nebraska (#14), Radford (#22), Pittsburgh (#23), and San Francisco (#25) in the top 25. Obviously some of those rankings were a little off.

Richmond is a decent team, though. I'll give you that. And I don't think anyone disputes that Auburn is a really good team. Just hard to gauge at this point whether they're top 10 - or fringe top 25.
You seem fairly knowledgeable relative to the low bar set by the rest of this board but a few things. The NET came out earlier last year. The NET is the official rankings for the team sheets/ quadrants/ etc. Kenpom is great but as we know it’s still heavily influenced by preseason projections.

In any event one thing is clear and that’s Auburn is at the very top of the college hoops universe currently.

We are just a totally different team than we were last year. We had 2 of the best guards in the country in Harper and Brown both could shoot other teams out of games. This year we don’t shoot the 3 ball near as well but we are really good in the paint. Interested to see how our guards will hold up during SEC play and postseason play.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Seems that way to me, right? You never see or hear about them, you don't care about their team, they win a few games and suddenly crawl out of the woodwork and clutter stuff up with dumb threads, and we all know that when their team tanks they disappear?

Bro this board is ****ing dead without us. We start the longest threads and have better discussions than you guys used to have.

also the fact that we are killing it on the hardwood and on the trail means AUBURN will be around awhile.

AUr bad.

I think they add some juice and it's fun having them around. I also think their stay might be closer to permanent because I just don't know if Pearl gets an offer from a next level program, and there's no doubt that guy is a winner and can recruit.

Reactions: FlynAUround
Auburn basketball used to be big with the fans in the 80s and 90s. Then it died in the early 2000s with a string of terrible teams.

I think they add some juice and it's fun having them around. I also think their stay might be closer to permanent because I just don't know if Pearl gets an offer from a next level program, and there's no doubt that guy is a winner and can recruit.
I’m not sure how to respond, never seen a poster compliment BP that wasn’t an Auburn fan Laughing

Auburn basketball used to be big with the fans in the 80s and 90s. Then it died in the early 2000s with a string of terrible teams.
80’s yes, 90’s meh the first 7 years of the decade we’re pretty bad. Get what ur saying though.

GITT if you are undefeated.

They hate us cause they ain't us...

Yes, I'm leaving when Bruce leaves. You wont hear from me again.

We know this is short lived success so we are making the most of it!

Reactions: TheDude1
Who was the guy that was a fan of one of the Florida teams that kept posting threads early last year? They're more like him.

It doesn't need to be short lived at all.

It’s already dead, my friend. You shouldn’t have blinked.

Three months from now, you’ll tear open a case of Natty and make a toast to the days in which you were #1 in RPI. The halcyon days.

It’s already dead, my friend. You shouldn’t have blinked.

Three months from now, you’ll tear open a case of Natty and make a toast to the days in which you were #1 in RPI. The halcyon days.
Yep, it sure looks like you're right as always.

ADVERTISEMENT