ADVERTISEMENT

Ashton Hagans

From ESPN:

Dawkins also planned to recruit 2019 point guard prospect Ashton Hagans of Cartersville, Georgia, who reclassified to the 2018 class and is a freshman at Kentucky. According to the email, Dawkins wanted to pay Hagans $2,000 per month from October 2017 to October 2018, then $3,000 monthly through April 2020.
If it was planned then it clearly got carried through. They had it all lined out.

*If you add all that up though, it appears Hagans was taking more money from another source. That' was at least 50-75k.

BTW, thanks KU, UL, UNC, and Duke... and other schools with the template on how to act in these situations. Appreciate it.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
From ESPN:

Dawkins also planned to recruit 2019 point guard prospect Ashton Hagans of Cartersville, Georgia, who reclassified to the 2018 class and is a freshman at Kentucky. According to the email, Dawkins wanted to pay Hagans $2,000 per month from October 2017 to October 2018, then $3,000 monthly through April 2020.
giphy.gif

Apparently UK looked into it and found nothing. If they did, Hagans wouldn't be suiting up to play for UK.

Also, man that doesn't look like real money to me. Not even close. The ink looks too light and the paper looks nothing like the paper that currency is printed on.

Also, I want to say that if that was real cash, the NCAA would have their mobile headquarters set up outside the UK lodge by now, but, this is the NCAA we're talking about. They'll get to it sometime this decade.

Yeah right.
Just like they looked into the Chicago sun time story.........

It's funny, we won a Helm's title that season and KU hangs Helm's titles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953–54_Kentucky_Wildcats_men's_basketball_team
1947-48 Adolph Rupp 36-3 9-0 1st NCAA Champions
1948-49 Adolph Rupp 32-2 13-0 1st NCAA Champions
1949-50 Adolph Rupp 25-5 11-2 1st NIT First Round
1950-51 Adolph Rupp 32-2 14-0 1st NCAA Champions
1951-52 Adolph Rupp 29-3 14-0 1st NCAA Elite Eight
√1952-53 NO SEASON
1953-54 Adolph Rupp 25-0 14-0 t-1st Helms National Champion

giphy.gif

1947-48 Adolph Rupp 36-3 9-0 1st NCAA Champions
1948-49 Adolph Rupp 32-2 13-0 1st NCAA Champions
1949-50 Adolph Rupp 25-5 11-2 1st NIT First Round
1950-51 Adolph Rupp 32-2 14-0 1st NCAA Champions
1951-52 Adolph Rupp 29-3 14-0 1st NCAA Elite Eight
√1952-53 NO SEASON
1953-54 Adolph Rupp 25-0 14-0 t-1st Helms National Champion

giphy.gif
This is spot on. There's no Helm's recognition at all in Rupp.

*Note, some UNC fans like to honor thier 24-25-0 team in the early twenties, It was Helm's but it would be a hassle for UK to move all the banners around.

If we're being honest and want the NCAA to investigate sketchy behavior then we want them to look into Kentucky and figure out what all of this nonsense is about.

Lucky for you guys they won't though. You must be one of their protected programs.
Hell yes.

Bring it on. I want an even playing field. I want all schools to be checked out the exact way that Kentucky is investigated. Kentucky has been investigated more than any other school in the nation and UK has paid the price. I want the other schools to pay the price also. Duke and UNC and UCLA and Kansas have NEVER paid the price.

I just want the others to face the same scrutiny. Kentucky players must go to class. Kentucky players do not have an unlimited amount of money to buy jewelry. Kentucky player's folks don’t get $700,000 houses to live in for 9 months.

I don’t give a crap about UK’s cheating; if UK is cheating make them pay for it. I care most about the cheating that goes on at other places that are never investigated.

If Hagans got that money illegally or against the rules, then the NCAA needs to file charges and put UK on probation and Hagans need to pay the taxes on it.

But, let us do the same to UNC, KU, Duke, IU, Nova, UCLA, Okla. St., UF, UGA, LSU, Purdue, MSU, UConn, Ohio St., et.al.

Bring it on. I don't care.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Hell yes.

Bring it on. I want an even playing field. I want all schools to be checked out the exact way that Kentucky is investigated. Kentucky has been investigated more than any other school in the nation and UK has paid the price. I want the other schools to pay the price also. Duke and UNC and UCLA and Kansas have NEVER paid the price.

I just want the others to face the same scrutiny. Kentucky players must go to class. Kentucky players do not have an unlimited amount of money to buy jewelry. Kentucky player's folks don’t get $700,000 houses to live in for 9 months.

I don’t give a crap about UK’s cheating; if UK is cheating make them pay for it. I care most about the cheating that goes on at other places that are never investigated.

If Hagans got that money illegally or against the rules, then the NCAA needs to file charges and put UK on probation and Hagans need to pay the taxes on it.

But, let us do the same to UNC, KU, Duke, IU, Nova, UCLA, Okla. St., UF, UGA, LSU, Purdue, MSU, UConn, Ohio St., et.al.

Actually Kansas has paid the price more than Kentucky. I don't know why you would imply that they don't. If you're talking about the severity of the penalty then I don't know how you can say that the other bluebloods (outside of UCLA) deserve anything worse than what Kentucky got in 1953 and 1989. What they got in trouble for was as egregious as anything anybody in CBB has gotten caught doing.

Hell yes.

So one guy says that KU has never paid the price, another says that KU has the most infractions of any program.

Hm.

Happen to remember a postseason ban in 89? It's the last year KU didn't play in the tourney.

Actually Kansas has paid the price more than Kentucky. I don't know why you would imply that they don't. If you're talking about the severity of the penalty then I don't know how you can say that the other bluebloods (outside of UCLA) deserve anything worse than what Kentucky got in 1953 and 1989. What they got in trouble for was as egregious as anything anybody in CBB has gotten caught doing.
Hey now, don’t sell UK short.
They went on probation for 2 years in 1976 also.

Agree, amazing how we bounced back with a coach that buried UL.

#kentuckyeffect

Reactions: JC for 3
Not true.

KU has never been held to account out side of the Danny Manning shit case. They did not lose their title.

So stop the shit.

Every time someone brings up UK and scandals/cheating/wtfever.

I can't help to think about how we're still number #1 all time after eating all our punishments.

That has to be frustrating.
There's a lot of us that don't trust those 1940's titles. I mean look at everything they got in trouble for just a few years later. You guys got off light.

I always took it as you guys overplayed the punishment.
I'm not one to say they don't deserve those titles but if we look back at history those titles are kind of viewed on a similar level as all of Sam Gilbert and UCLA's titles.

They earned them. They were certainly the best teams those years. But logic tells us they cheated to get into that position to earn them.

It's no big deal. I've been on record for 14 years on this board essentially saying if you ain't cheating you ain't trying.

ADVERTISEMENT