ADVERTISEMENT

Ashton Hagans

Nothing will come of this. There's no way to prove if it was real or not. It's just a black eye and makes him look suspicious from now and Kentucky is guilty by association. That's his burden to bear though since he did it on Kentucky's watch.

I'm of the opinion that it probably is counterfeit (who knows though) but how are some of you so sure? I can barely tell what it is. I know it looks like money and that's it.
It's 50k ones and if he gave 1k to 45k UK students, he'd have student regular debt.

Also, I want to say that if that was real cash, the NCAA would have their mobile headquarters set up outside the UK lodge by now, but, this is the NCAA we're talking about. They'll get to it sometime this decade.

So the NCAA has somehow obtained proof that those are fake bills?

You really think he’s pitiful enough to flaunt fake bills? Hey baby, check this out. Now come over and have some ramen wit me.

You really think he’s pitiful enough to flaunt fake bills? Hey baby, check this out. Now come over and have some ramen wit me.
It's a bit silly to assume either way. Let's say he hangs with a dude who has stacks. Lets say he poses with it. It happens all the time. Every guy in jail wouldn't need a bail bondsman down here if you looked at their social media.

It's 50k ones and if he gave 1k to 45k UK students, he'd have student regular debt.
giphy.gif

It's a bit silly to assume either way. Let's say he hangs with a dude who has stacks. Lets say he poses with it. It happens all the time. Every guy in jail wouldn't need a bail bondsman down here if you looked at their social media.

Then I guess it’s a bit silly to assume that Self has any knowledge of payments. Glad we have that settled finally.

Nothing will come of this. There's no way to prove if it was real or not. It's just a black eye and makes him look suspicious from now and Kentucky is guilty by association. That's his burden to bear though since he did it on Kentucky's watch.

I'm of the opinion that it probably is counterfeit (who knows though) but how are some of you so sure? I can barely tell what it is. I know it looks like money and that's it.
But if that money was real and it was given to him in a way that breaks NCAA rules, I want it dealt with now.
Cal knows how this works, he dealt with it in 1996 when an agent gave Camby a bunch of money. that didn't end well. There is no way he would let this go. At the very least, Hagans would be off the team immediately.

But if that money was real and it was given to him in a way that breaks NCAA rules, I want it dealt with now.
Cal knows how this works, he dealt with it in 1996 when an agent gave Camby a bunch of money. that didn't end well. There is no way he would let this go. At the very least, Hagans would be off the team immediately.
How exactly did he deal with it in 1996?

We'll see how serious it is if Hagans plays tomorrow or not.

Reactions: kyjeff1
I mean, isn't he not with the team right now? Didn't he stay home and not travel to Florida?

I think they said it was for personal reasons but it's hard to always 100% trust what comes from any team in any sport. For example, I'm 100% positive that "flu-like symptoms and stomach bugs" is code for hungover in the NBA and MLB.

But yeah, how can anybody prove it was real money? All he has to do is hide it or let somebody else hold it or whatever if it is real money. I can promise you forensic experts aren't going to take this case to waste their time with a snapchat video, lol. I think it is what it is and that's it. Earlier I said worst case scenario is it leads to an investigation but I really doubt that happens.

Major Edit - Changed are to aren't.

Weirder shit has happened, but how could you think that counterfeit money is the most likely scenario here?

Lurker’s idea of posing with somebody else's cash is more likely than that. But he was linked to Dawkins after all.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

I really don't know man. But if that money was real, I firmly believe UK would have reported it and Hagans would be gone. There's no way they would just let that go and act like it didn't happen.

I don't get these kids these days. I'm hearing that's a status thing and Hagans wants to have a high status, so, given his youth, I wouldn't be surprised if it was fake and he either did it as a joke or wanted to fool some people.

Like I said in another post, if it's something that is against the rules, deal with it now. I'm not going to play the denial game, if a UK player or coach did something wrong, deal with it, take the hit, fire some people and lets move on.

Reactions: RipThru
Weirder shit has happened, but how could you think that counterfeit money is the most likely scenario here?

Lurker’s idea of posing with somebody else's cash is more likely than that. But he was linked to Dawkins after all.
I don’t know, really. Mainly because there’s very few people in the world that have the means to do that. Even if you have family money you don’t give your kids still don’t do stuff like that. Let’s say his immediate family is worth $8,000,000. That’s a high net worth. Easily in the top 1%. You think they’d give their teenage son 1% of that net worth if it was 80K?

I’m just spitballing. I like the idea that it was somebody else’s money. That makes sense.

Then I guess it’s a bit silly to assume that Self has any knowledge of payments. Glad we have that settled finally.
Got no problem with that. Everyone assumes Cal had something to do with Camby taking money and Rose not taking his SAT, even though the proof says otherwise. Is what it is.

Everyone just needs to let the investigation play out.

Last edited:

What do you mean Dawkins?

I really don't know man. But if that money was real, I firmly believe UK would have reported it and Hagans would be gone. There's no way they would just let that go and act like it didn't happen.

I don't get these kids these days. I'm hearing that's a status thing and Hagans wants to have a high status, so, given his youth, I wouldn't be surprised if it was fake and he either did it as a joke or wanted to fool some people.

Like I said in another post, if it's something that is against the rules, deal with it now. I'm not going to play the denial game, if a UK player or coach did something wrong, deal with it, take the hit, fire some people and lets move on.

i agree
if there is anything corrupt about it pay the price and move on
if Hagans took an improper benefit then he should be ruled ineligible from that moment he took the ineligible benefit
UK has investigated this, if he plays Friday that should tell everyone that there was no ineligible benefit

it is sickening the way some whine and cry because they got caught
man-up take your punishment and move on

Reactions: kyjeff1
How exactly did he deal with it in 1996?
Really? He's the one that had to answer for everything to the media and he's tge one that looks like the guilty party.

Same with the Rose situation. Rose left Memphis and Cal hanging. He refused to talk and left Cal holding the bag. Made Cal answer all the questions.

I get it, he took the Nets job, I'm sure that's where you're going with your comment, but you do you.

I mean, isn't he not with the team right now? Didn't he stay home and not travel to Florida?

I think they said it was for personal reasons but it's hard to always 100% trust what comes from any team in any sport. For example, I'm 100% positive that "flu-like symptoms and stomach bugs" is code for hungover in the NBA and MLB.

But yeah, how can anybody prove it was real money? All he has to do is hide it or let somebody else hold it or whatever if it is real money. I can promise you forensic experts aren't going to take this case to waste their time with a snapchat video, lol. I think it is what it is and that's it. Earlier I said worst case scenario is it leads to an investigation but I really doubt that happens.

Major Edit - Changed are to aren't.
Hagans was suspended for the Florida game for his attitude last Tuesday night. Cal covered for him by saying he needed to step away for a few days, but lets be real, Cal suspended his ass.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Really? He's the one that had to answer for everything to the media and he's tge one that looks like the guilty party.

Same with the Rose situation. Rose left Memphis and Cal hanging. He refused to talk and left Cal holding the bag. Made Cal answer all the questions.

I get it, he took the Nets job, I'm sure that's where you're going with your comment, but you do you.
Actually he tucked his tail & ran twice but who’s counting.

If/when an investigation occurs, my stance will change. Until then, it's U6, KU, Arizona, etc with the dark cloud of the NCAA looming over their heads.
The NCAA are a bunch of bastards that root for a couple conferences. The others can have paper classes, $100,000 jewelry purchases that go unpaid for years, or use shoe companies to pay players.

I have NO FAITH IN THE NCAA. They are cheats.

I want the big conferences to walk away for the cheating NCAA and create their own "Association".

Reactions: Random UK Fan
The NCAA are a bunch of bastards that root for a couple conferences. The others can have paper classes, $100,000 jewelry purchases that go unpaid for years, or use shoe companies to pay players.

I want the big conferences to walk away for the cheating NCAA and create their own "Association".
When shoe companies pay players, do they send the money in a SHOEBOXX?

When shoe companies pay players, do they send the money in a SHOEBOXX?
For a guy who was so defensive during the AFAM scandal, which turned out to be nothing, you're really quick to jump on this Hagans stuff. Nevermind the whole Haydn 'Fats' Thomas, scandal, but keep doing you and flip flopping on what real and what's not real.

To be honest, I'd rather you didn't break character. I like you just the way you are.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
For a guy who was so defensive during the AFAM scandal, which turned out to be nothing, you're really quick to jump on this Hagans stuff. Nevermind the whole Haydn 'Fats' Thomas, scandal, but keep doing you and flip flopping on what real and what's not real.

To be honest, I'd rather you didn't break character. I like you just the way you are.
I just asked how show companies paid their players. Wasn’t sure if it was a check, cash in an envelope or in a shoeboxx.
Why do defensive????

If we're being honest and want the NCAA to investigate sketchy behavior then we want them to look into Kentucky and figure out what all of this nonsense is about.

Lucky for you guys they won't though. You must be one of their protected programs.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Didn't Roy leave KU with problems?

Tell me the nonchalant version of that.

Kansas admits NCAA violations under Roy Williams

I'm trying to be silly here, but nothing is going to come to this, just as nothing really hap..pp...ne...any..mo.........
Remember, this is the KU steals candy bars when Kentucky steals Rolls Royce's comparison I made to you a couple of weeks ago. We dirty but we ain't felons like ya'll known to be in this sport.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Remember, this is the KU steals candy bars when Kentucky steals Rolls Royce's comparison I made to you a couple of weeks ago. We dirty but we ain't felons like ya'll known to be in this sport.
Aren't you currently leading and waiting for more sanctions. Get your act cleaned up to our standards then come hollar at me.

Reactions: JC for 3
What do you mean Dawkins?

From ESPN:

Dawkins also planned to recruit 2019 point guard prospect Ashton Hagans of Cartersville, Georgia, who reclassified to the 2018 class and is a freshman at Kentucky. According to the email, Dawkins wanted to pay Hagans $2,000 per month from October 2017 to October 2018, then $3,000 monthly through April 2020.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT